Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57075 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2018, 02:31:51 pm »

"...I'm okay with this."

Stay relatively chill. If Freddy looks like he's gonna crash into something or is getting too far from the party, shout some variation of 'stop, go back to them' until he listens. Include swearing if the first few attempts don't work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2018, 08:50:55 am »

Alright, looks like everyone wants to head on toward the Center.
Rather than do individual rolls for this group action, I'll make two rolls this round: one for Vladen's gaes sense of where you guys are going, and the other for encounters.

(3) You head roughly through the valley city toward the pillar.
(1) before the city ends, having traveled roughly a third the distance to the pillar, you begin to smell a horrible noxious odor. It gets worse the further you go. Gak and Freddie see the source of it from their higher vantage point: a vast plain of toxic waste, bubbling and occasionally spewing plumes of oily yellowish crud. The smell is overpowering from a couple miles away. (6) Gak finds the aroma pleasing and enticing, but Freddie is repulsed and nauseated, as are Kongor and Rex. (6) Vladen feels compelled to continue through, and feels no ill effects from the odor.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2018, 10:52:31 am »

Get in the cart and go over the toxic waste
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2018, 11:29:27 am »

If there's no way around, I'll have to go over.  If I fly high enough I should be able to avoid or reduce the stench.  Growl at the stench.  Keep heading towards the pillar.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:04:45 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:29 am »

put the cart in flight mode and hover over the toxic pit to the other side

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:03 pm »

Get the cart on flight mode and keep following Vladen.
"Heir, could you tell me about some of your adventures? I feel that listening to a story would be the best thing to distract me from these nasty odors and I would love to hear more about your travels."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2018, 01:53:45 pm »

"Not much has happened, I worked to track down another team one time and stop a convoy. It went alright, had one person inhabit my body...odd as that sounds...and then Omega consumed me. I became...what I am now."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2018, 03:38:29 pm »

"Oh, you were possessed by another person? How was it like?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2018, 03:54:55 pm »

"They just road along, but alright. Helpfull...I suppose."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2018, 04:01:43 pm »

"Oh, okay. Do you miss him or her? I would probably feel pretty lonely, knowing no one will never be as close to me in comparison."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:41 pm »

"I suppose, itvwas nice having an extra mind on hand...two heads is better than one.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2018, 05:05:18 am »

Alright, again, we'll do a group action. Two or three main rolls. First: do you manage to navigate past hte hazard. second: do you draw any attention from the locals?
Third is a roll for the next encounter.

(3)well, a partial success. so, you make it through, but with some side effects. I'll roll constitution for the affected, and for the carts.
(5) Rex is fine. Unaffected, really.
(6) Kongor is in a state of Euphoric aggression. so, high. Gonna be Will rolls to keep from doing highly risky actions for a little while.
(2) Freddie vomits until he has nothing left inside, and continues to dry heave the rest of hte flight. by the time you pass the fumes, Freddie is thoroughly miserable. He's gonna be real hungry, but for a while, he's not gonna be in the mood to eat. (unless combat adrenaline kicks in).
Gak and Vladen don't get rolls for this, as they are immune.

Edit: forgot the carts: (1) (2) (5) Vladen's cartkinda sputters and dies whe nyou land. Rex's cart loses all four wheels and collapses onto it's base with a bang, and Kongor's cart issues a self satisfied beep when it lands, and ejects several beakers of strange fluids labeled "samples from toxic lake." ... Even I didn't know they had that functionality.

(5)Luckily, nothing else bothers you, and you land well past the toxic wasteland in a nopen area a couple miles from the base of the giant pillar. From here, you can see that the pillar is set into a hole in the "ground." If you remember, the pillar was actually a bridge from the concourses where you started. So the bridge crosses the chasm and enters into the Giant Pillar Land that you've been on for these last few rounds. And there is definitely ativity around the base of the pillar/bridge. It looks like a full settlement of some type, and there are beings on the bridge itself, moving into the ground, or out from it. it's weird, watching them walk along hte pillar like ants might walk up a tree, casually oblivious to the direction you think of as "down."

(6) well, that's something. searchlights flicker to life in the settlement and sweep the region. one crosses over you and passes on, before turning back and settling on your location for several minutes, before finally flickering off again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:18:08 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:32 am »

Let the little metal guy go.  That wasn't nearly as much fun as it should have been.  Find an open patch of ground and try to burn the stench off me.  Spit a little fire into my mouth, swill it about, and then spit it on the ground, rolling in it until I no longer smell like that toxic waste.  Then follow the rest of the group.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2018, 10:50:15 am »

Check on those effected by the fumes, see if there's anyway to help them.
"Alright who's poisoned?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2018, 11:18:14 am »

"When you said toxic, I expected something like pufferfish-toxic. I barely noticed the fumes. How disappointing."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45