Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57222 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2018, 11:20:09 am »

((Check the main thread linked in the first post.  I believe newcomers join by asking Ozark, and you probably join in base.  Avoid taking -2s to stats in character creation, they lead to death.))

((Also, if shit goes down, don't forget about the emergency summon devices we were given.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2018, 02:21:59 pm »

Sit back and continue plotting revenge against the goblinoid fuckers who took my knives. Name the spider Daryl.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2018, 09:18:13 am »

Sit back and continue plotting revenge against the goblinoid fuckers who took my knives. Name the spider Daryl.

((I'll bet there's some way we can get the current opposing army to help deal with the goblinoids...just saying))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2018, 07:01:40 pm »

(to the rest of this group I'm in) Anyone have any ideas?

(to the apparent leading officer) What are we being charged with that you decide to arrest us?

"Assault on a patrol. Suspicion of murder. Suspicion of espionage."

Freddie stands up, sniffs the air, and tries to size up the best way to fight the big ones.  Freddie will sniff the newcomers if they come close, but not let them touch him.  If binding is done, let it happen if treats are presented and the party does it but not the newcomers.  Growl if the bindings include his mouth.  If the octopus does it, press against him so that the octopus finds it uncomfortable.  Freddie's too happy now to remember the not-shiny wheel, so it being gone is no big deal.

Oh, and if fighting breaks out, fight back, and if everyone runs away, run away too, but pick up the slowest party member.  Unless it's the octopus.

Freddie determines that the best way to fight those big guys is immediate, sudden, severe, all out physical violence. I'll assume your actions carry over to the next turn or two until the situation advances appropriately. Hmm, check the resolution of random's action to see if you think Freddie needs to do anything about that.

"Excuse me?! Do you know who are you talking with?! Unless you want to start a war you are going to respect our diplomatic immunity, because I am a king and these merchants are under my protection! You will not take our weapons and instead will guide us to your leader! We were raided by thieves just seconds ago and you dare treat us as common criminals?! Have you even noticed the bodies and damaged carts?!"
Use charm noble ring on the leader of this group. Nobles are leaders, right? Convince them we are just pacific merchants who are here to trade goods.
"We're totally peaceful, you little shit! See the bodies! That 's what happens to anyone who doesn't believe us!"

The spokesperson seems entirely unimpressed by your bluster, nor does she seem entirely charmed by your ring. Which now begins to glow and burn.

"The circumstances you describe will be taken into account in your hearing, as will your attempt at magical coercion. Another such attempt will result in fatality, I assure you. Please refrain from such acts, for your own good."

(6) Well, good news is, you have somehow gotten an inherent knowledge of the exact location of your two sharp knives. you now also have a Gaes to recover those knives. Right now you are at 100/100. as this ticks down, your actions will be more and more determined by the "best" way to immediately retrieve those knives.

((I'll bet there's some way we can get the current opposing army to help deal with the goblinoids...just saying))
Just sayin'

(((((((((((What is this game? I've looked at it occasionally, but I don't really know what it is or how it works.))))))))))))))
Basically, this is a fantasy knock off of Einsteinian Roullette: a mission based rtd with a complicated stat structure.
I originally made this to entertain some of the old E_R group while we waited for Piecewise to make new games. Welcome aboard.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2018, 07:33:34 pm »

They're just talking.  Scratch my head on something hard nearby and chirrup if someone says my name.  Stare big-eyed at the newcomers when not distracted.  Listen for any command words.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »

"The patrol assaulted us, they attempted to kill us and take our goods and we didn't even knew the planet was inhabited in the first place. Who would bother to spy on a dying world? What evidence do you have against us? We demand a lawyer from Omega!"
Request a lawyer from Omega to defend us. Do they even have evidence? We barely just arrived on the world and the only beings we interacted with were a bunch of murderous thieves.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2018, 11:31:45 pm »

Vladen just sighs before asking
"What charges do we have? I fear what he says is correct in that we were attacked and tried to get back to our carts and retrieve waht was taken from us, acting more in self defense. Put bluntly we're basic foot soldiers and workers forced and conscripted into this and in my case been altered to against my will. We simply ask and request you let us continue on our journey so we may go to our home and rest. We've neither the time nor supplies to hold this off."
Try to appear as pleading, tired, and worn as possible
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2018, 06:15:10 am »

(to the leading officer) Suspicion? That's it? Well...too bad you missed the goblinoid army that tried to steal literally everything from us AND kill us, and as far as I saw THEY were the ones who assaulted the patrol. Comprende?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2018, 12:52:46 pm »

They're just talking.  Scratch my head on something hard nearby and chirrup if someone says my name.  Stare big-eyed at the newcomers when not distracted.  Listen for any command words.
"The patrol assaulted us, they attempted to kill us and take our goods and we didn't even knew the planet was inhabited in the first place. Who would bother to spy on a dying world? What evidence do you have against us? We demand a lawyer from Omega!"
Request a lawyer from Omega to defend us. Do they even have evidence? We barely just arrived on the world and the only beings we interacted with were a bunch of murderous thieves.
Vladen just sighs before asking
"What charges do we have? I fear what he says is correct in that we were attacked and tried to get back to our carts and retrieve waht was taken from us, acting more in self defense. Put bluntly we're basic foot soldiers and workers forced and conscripted into this and in my case been altered to against my will. We simply ask and request you let us continue on our journey so we may go to our home and rest. We've neither the time nor supplies to hold this off."
Try to appear as pleading, tired, and worn as possible
(to the leading officer) Suspicion? That's it? Well...too bad you missed the goblinoid army that tried to steal literally everything from us AND kill us, and as far as I saw THEY were the ones who assaulted the patrol. Comprende?

"I am not your judge, nor your executioner. I am the arresting officer. My job is to bring you in, not to hear your case, nor to offer counter arguments. Please comply with the orders I have given, and let's be on. Legal counsel will be arranged."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2018, 12:57:39 pm »

"Well, then I want to see proof of that! What if you are just another group of raiders lying to us? We need proof that this is actually legal!"
Are they even actual cops? Where are their identifications, uniforms, badges, etc. I need to confirm that they aren't lying to us.

((OOC: I think we might need to fight. The geas of both Vladen and Gak force us to refuse being arrested and continue with the mission.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »

(I don't know if that assumption is true.  It might be true, but the hunger hasn't listed that these people need to be killed.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »

((Dev, you might need to link that Chris Rock video))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2018, 05:32:00 pm »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2018, 06:33:02 pm »

((Cn we all just ride Freddy and flee? He can fly and these guys probably can't. Can he carry everyone?))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2018, 07:01:38 pm »

"Look, we really don't have the time...and in a way, the ability. Blame it on magic..A gease that forces me onwards."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:37:21 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45