Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57218 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »

(Blunt force can cut off their circulatory systems, though, which will knock them out in short order.)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2018, 07:52:52 pm »

(Blunt force can cut off their circulatory systems, though, which will knock them out in short order.)

((I am rather shocked that your character is taking my character's side even though the octopus was better friends with the dragon. Or rather you aren't rooting for the octopus is what's kind of surprising. Also, since I will most likely land on top of the octopus, I'm not very worried about the diamond part, except for the fact that I could end up killing the octopus because I'm diamond, which would ruin my escape plan.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:58:30 pm by SuperDino85 »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2018, 08:09:33 pm »

((He says it's because of a single failed charisma roll, despite Rex's multiple attemps to make friends with Freddy.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2018, 08:29:05 pm »

((Animal psychology, man, it isn't that he hates the octopus, more that he thinks the octopus should be in his place, the bottom of the pack.  If you beat the gorilla, you're obviously better than the gorilla and move up accordingly.

As for the octopus biology, it's mostly that I'd like racial choices to have meaning.  An octopus doesn't suffer crush injuries, and can take a lot of blunt damage for little effect, but if it's squeezed you can stop its heart.. which isn't immediately fatal nor does it carry long term negative effects for the octopus, (It's something they can do voluntarily for various reasons) but it can render it unconscious or kill it if squeezed for a long time.))

((And animal psychology.  If you're on the bottom and you give the high-ranking member treats, it's only seen as part of the natural order of things, not a way to increase in rank.))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:34:28 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:32 am »

((A standard octopus actually has three hearts. I'll still slam him, but if he still won't give up, then I'll squeeze him.

Well...I actually want to end this quickly, so I'll edit my action))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:28 am »

((action edited))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:08 am »

Stepmaway from the fighting and go to the captain
"So, what happened that we are being suspected of murder? So far we've just had a run i  with those scavengers. Perhaps those of us among our group who are more stable and less prone ti infighting can help find who could committed these murders and clear our names?"
"I'm beginning to suspect that it was less a deliberate act of hostility, and more a random, insane act of madness. ... That's not an improvement for your case, by the way."
[hidden] "Oh, you set our greeting party on fire. From the reports, they had engaged in combat with a band of those goblinoids while coming out to investigate you. The army was mobilized because you are deemed both hostile and a potential threat to the safety and well-being of the citizens of our city. Looks like you are more a danger to yourselves. And innocent bystanders. Frankly, I'd like this resolved as soon as possible, to get you as far away from our home as possible. So, what is it you are doing here anyway?"

"Attack the groin! Sweep the leg!"

Instruct them how to fight dirty.
Well, only one of them has a groin or legs. looks like we'll be putting you in team Rex for the moment.

Crush harder, damnit. Keep bending the arm with my limbs while a single tentacle tries to rip his necklace off.
(6) well, you pull the necklace off him. Good news for you: his fur is no longer spiky little daggers of hardened, shiny material. Bad news for you: the effects transfer to your octoskin. Really bad news for you: you've convinced me that diamond is not super strong against blunt force trauma.

You're still trying hmm? I admire your persistence, so more for your sake I'll try to end this quickly.
Quickly slam the octopus into the ground and squeeze, not hard enough to kill, but hard enough to end this rather pointless squabbling.

This attack autosucceeds because it's really hard to miss the ground, and it's really hard to miss a target that is literally wrapped around your fist. (4) animal rage does not kick in here, and you execute a cold, calculated slam.

constitution roll for Rex: (5) All that blunt force trauma renders you unconscious. the necklace renders you immobile. You live to be a pain in the ass for another day. :P

Dex roll for Kongor: (6) you yank the Octopus off your arms. He takes a bit of fur with him, but you take a bit of tentacle with you. So now Rex is down to 5 1/2 tentacles, + 1 rogue tentacle. I also learned today that octotentacles can regrow, so, lucky Rex.

Kongor then marches quietly across the area, through the ranks of the Army, who part ways to let him pass, and up to one of the waiting armored carriages, chucks Rex inside, closes the door, nods to the guard, and walks back to the group.

Consider setting them on fire.  Don't set them on fire yet, I think the brands mean I shouldn't set them on fire.  But fire is, well, fire.
Charisma roll for Kongor: (5) you recognize Kongor as a Person, rather than as an Animal.

Alright. we done? Shall I transport you to The City and your trial?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:07 am »

(to the leading officer)Now that that's out of the way I shall proceed with the bindings as agreed. Any questions?
Bind the dragon's wings, but leave the rest for the civilian militia to handle.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 14, 2018, 10:55:25 am »

Comtinue to talk
"Well, first sorry if you were accidentaly set on fire, we were kinda trying to fight those same goblins, I suspect your party must've been the one making the loud booming we heard...secondly, as for what we are here for, we were sent to retrieve something and have been traveling through here after we had lost several of our carts in an attack. Not quite sure what we are here to retrieve but we have some magic thats supposed to tell us when we find it. If you wish I could try to get ahold of a propper represenative to sort this out so we can both get on our ways."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »

Wake up and attemp to regenerate limbs through sheer force of will. Plot to murder monkey as soon as possible.

((How do stats actually work? I had 2 in strenght and constitution and both did no damage to Kongor AND was defeated in a single hit by him. He has 1 strenght and 0 constitution.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:24:24 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2018, 03:23:35 pm »

I'm clearly a cooperative individual! Look at how cooperative I'm beingivememyknivesplease
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2018, 03:33:10 pm »

I'm clearly a cooperative individual! Look at how cooperative I'm beingivememyknivesplease
((Rex would help you with that if Kongor hadn't locked him up.

I'll admit I'm pretty salty that he seems to always get lucky with the dice and gets auto success while I always either get a bad roll or no roll, like in the last mission in which my character was separated from the rest and autokilled while everyone else did nothing and the mission was cancelled. Now I'm trying to continue with the mission and be friends with Freddy and rolls keep screwing me over everything. But I guess I'm just very, very unlucky.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:35:41 pm by randomgenericusername »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2018, 04:38:23 pm »

((My advice? Don't try to fight the bad luck - the dice will carry you where their whims decide. Instead embrace it - become your misfortune in both character and spirit. Let it guide you and wreak havoc on everything around you.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2018, 07:37:53 pm »

Get bound up according to the rules from before.  Walking is okay too, even if it isn't as fun as flying.  Still cool stuff to look at.

((It looks like you took some hits from before, with your rogue tentacle and in the collision earlier.  You're right about that last mission being a bit of a fuckup, though.  And don't worry, Freddie doesn't hate you, if he sees you in trouble from someone outside the pack he'll certainly rush to your defence.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2018, 07:45:36 pm »

((The worst thing was that when I tried to help everyone, my efforts ended with me dying. Then the whole mission died out because of lack of activity and if I had been alive and with everyone else I would have continued roleplaying to keep it alive. Also, because of multiple IC reasons, Rex is going to make multiple attemps to kill Kongor. That might be a problem later. You know, the peasant disobeyed and then humillated the king. Of course, unless Kongor insults Rex again, he's not going to try anything until he fully recovers now that he has calmed down.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:51:51 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45