Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57242 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #420 on: March 07, 2018, 03:37:44 pm »

"Know what, this isn't too bad. Haven't gotten to practice my flips in a while."

Do some midair flips and spins. If I end up hitting the ground, bid my ladies a fond farewell before impact.

Spoiler: Lovely stabbies (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 07, 2018, 03:49:37 pm »

Use a couple wing-flaps to level out, and send fire down into the blackness.  Oh, the cart got out.  Yay!  Look up and try to catch the metal man and the toy on their way back down.  If they're not coming down yet, spiral around and gain some altitude to leave more room for the catch.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:43:48 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 07, 2018, 06:51:34 pm »

"I'll try sir."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2018, 08:32:27 am »

Ok...does anyone think we should try to get through the mist again, or come up with a plan B? And what's the deal with this one plant I can never seem to identify? Now that I used my aloe, search for any useful plants while thinking.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:36:21 am by SuperDino85 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2018, 12:43:34 pm »

"We could try to plunge straight through it."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2018, 02:06:36 pm »

"But the peasants have to go first. I don't want to burn my skin again and we need to confirm if it's safe. Or we could send the Dragon. Dragons are fireproof, right?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2018, 02:44:05 pm »

"Normally they are"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2018, 01:16:30 pm »

"YOU ARE A POOR MEDIC, HEIR! I HAVE NO ARM! AGAIN!"
Freak out about consumed and digested arm.
Freak out eh? (1) you scream and burble, swearing at the ghoul for a while. you run out of swears pretty quickly and settle down though.

probably for the best. I follow Piecewise' attitude toward mental imbalance: falling into a mental state means will rolls to come out of it. No telling what you'll fail to do while in that state.

Vlad looks at the poor king, shurgging as he'd lick his lips
"You'll survive."
Get away from the freaking out guy and explore the area
(2) metal wall, metal wall, metal wall, back to the start where the freaking out guys is. You turn around and walk the other way. More of the same ... metal wall all around. You look across at the 'bridge.' Big metal pole. boooooooriiiiing.

"Know what, this isn't too bad. Haven't gotten to practice my flips in a while."

Do some midair flips and spins. If I end up hitting the ground, bid my ladies a fond farewell before impact.

Spoiler: Lovely stabbies (click to show/hide)
Alright, I'm now going to roll your fate: maybe you land up high. maybe you fall straight down. maybe you bounce.

(3) you bounce off the wall with quite a clang, tehn begin tumbling downward again, occasionally bouncing off an outcropping.

the toy ball falls alongside you, making strange noises and sometimes glimmering as it strikes the ground.

gotta see if Freddie catches you now. (he doesn't. you do not die).

Good news is one of the mages casts something at you, presumably to help you not die. bad news is, it may or may not have taken effect.
Well, once you fall into the mist, your mind is assailed by countless whispers. Right up to the point where you hit ground and lose consciousness.

Use a couple wing-flaps to level out, and send fire down into the blackness.  Oh, the cart got out.  Yay!  Look up and try to catch the metal man and the toy on their way back down.  If they're not coming down yet, spiral around and gain some altitude to leave more room for the catch.
(1) you race to catch your falling friend. You reach out, and snatch him out of the air. He hits your leg like ... a falling steel mallet. you break your foot. he keeps falling. Ball too.

back to Gak for a roll to see what happens now: (3) he bounces all the way down the shaft, and into the mist below. The air is filled with the echoes of the falling metal projectile.

Ok...does anyone think we should try to get through the mist again, or come up with a plan B? And what's the deal with this one plant I can never seem to identify? Now that I used my aloe, search for any useful plants while thinking.
(1) you find some weird growth on the cavern wall. you pull a piece off and drop it almost immediately. It stings, and the barbs are working their way into the skin on your hand. you feel a burning sensation and howl in surprise and pain.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2018, 01:38:44 pm »

figure out how to remove the barbs, and send a bolt of lightning at the mist with my gauntlets

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2018, 01:42:55 pm »

Quickly scramble into the cart because someone decided to mess with the mist again. At least this time I know what's probably going to happen.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2018, 02:43:35 pm »

Dammit, I just had that leg fixed!  Express my frustration by flaming the mist again.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2018, 05:43:29 pm »

Head down to the bridge and, ignoring the screaming lunatics my teammates, examine the area before touching the mists
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2018, 07:33:45 pm »

Silly whispering voices, the one in my head already is much scarier than that! Wake up if I can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2018, 04:57:10 am »

figure out how to remove the barbs, and send a bolt of lightning at the mist with my gauntlets
Dammit, I just had that leg fixed!  Express my frustration by flaming the mist again.
Excellent. Yes. Clearly this worked the last time, so why not do it again?

Freddie attempts to burn away the mist, and Kongor beats the walls beneath the ledge he is on, sending arcs of lightning into the rapidly congealing mist.
And much like the last time, the mist retreats rapidly, with an audible whoosh and ball lightning and fairy lights in it's wake. It condenses to a small, hard, black ...thing waaaaay down there, with tendrils of blackness slowly collapsing inward, traced by crackling static and an angry redness. You notice something else: the walls and pillar are now corroded, and a noxious fume is rising up from the corrosion.

Quickly scramble into the cart because someone decided to mess with the mist again. At least this time I know what's probably going to happen.
Up up and away. You get airborne and gain some distance. With luck, you'll outrun the worst of it this time.

Head down to the bridge and, ignoring the screaming lunatics my teammates, examine the area before touching the mists
so, the bridge is like a giant pillar in teh middle of the well you guys have been descending. You float across to it, and gravity instantly reorients with teh bridge being down. now you are on a long round beam, with a tunnel of metal surrounding you. You walk toward the mist, but the cart, with the driver and the inspector, run the other way. odd ... wasn't there two footmen on the cart before? Wonder what happened to them? No matter. You turn toward the end of the tunnel, where everyone keeps shooting fire and lightning, for some reason. Well, you see some pockmarks in teh surfaces of teh bridge and tunnel, and a bit of static down there. But still no mist. I mean, last time there was a weird little storm that you flew away from. This time, it's just a single little concentrated red and blue light. Looks kinda like a sea anemone, and it's getting smaller. Ominously smaller.

Silly whispering voices, the one in my head already is much scarier than that! Wake up if I can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You open your eyes to find that you are surrounded by empty, grinning doll heads and plastic doll hands. Like, completely surrounded, all directions. You reach out with a fleshy hand to push them aside. One bites your arm for the trouble. It hurts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2018, 05:58:35 am »

Is the corrosion only covering where the mist was?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45