Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57080 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #450 on: March 16, 2018, 08:51:21 pm »

Ok...move forward through the mist with caution. Zip back if anything bad happens. Ok so how do I remove the barbs, and what'll happen if I leave them in too long?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:59:41 pm by SuperDino85 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2018, 04:05:03 am »

'sup, guy. You got stuck in the mist too? Tell you what, since I came from that direction and you came from there, why don't we go to the side or some shit? See if we can't find the edge of this stuff."

Unless Vladen ends up doing something else, head on a course perpendicular to the ones we were previously taking.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2018, 07:31:23 am »

"Sounds like a plan. If you see an orb, mind kicking it for me?"
Follow the murder doll and help fight our way out of the mists
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »

Enough faffing.  If nobody else disturbs the mist, breathe some fire into it, and proceed with the plan of charging towards the orb, napalming it, and tail-smashing it.  If someone else disturbs it, save the fire for up-close.
looks like it's you  and Kongor ... wait, he's just gonna fly right through it? Okay, guess you're the only one 'disturbing' the mist.
(3) you fly in and burn the mist down. It doesn't quite retreat like before though - never quite condensing into a ball. It just sort of swirls around your fire, splashes up on the sides. It does shrink down a bit, though slowly.

While everyone continues messing with the murder mist, try making smalltalk with the investigator to pass time.

"So, what's up with that murderous killer mist?"
The inspector seems uninterested. "Well. It's a mist. it kills stuff. Otherwise, it just sort of ... " he waves vaguely in the direction of the mist.

Ok...move forward through the mist with caution. Zip back if anything bad happens. Ok so how do I remove the barbs, and what'll happen if I leave them in too long?
(2) ... well. (1) nothing bad will happen at all. They're friendly! (5) you slowly lower the cart into the mist. the instant the mist rises high enough to touch the foot of the guard guys on the sides of the cart (the guards from the town), they both die and fall off the cart into the mist. A terrible shriek (two of them, in fact) echo up throughout the mist, resonating off the walls and adding a morbid tone to the noises all around. So... I'm going to assume that instant death qualifies as something bad. and so do all three inspectors with you, who eahc tell you in no uncertain terms to fly the fuck back up out of hte mist. which you seem all too happy to do.

I guess the immunity that the undead character and the demon doll character seem to have to this mist doesn't extend to you living guys after all.

'sup, guy. You got stuck in the mist too? Tell you what, since I came from that direction and you came from there, why don't we go to the side or some shit? See if we can't find the edge of this stuff."

Unless Vladen ends up doing something else, head on a course perpendicular to the ones we were previously taking.
"Sounds like a plan. If you see an orb, mind kicking it for me?"
Follow the murder doll and help fight our way out of the mists
[hidden roll, because holy crap you guys]

you walk around the pillar for a while, your entourage of ghosts screaming in teh distance while your elderly companions scream in your ears.
"Find anything yet?" one of you shouts to the other one. "WHAT?" "WHAT?" "I SAID WHAT? I CAN"T HEAR YOU!" "WHAT? I CAN"T HEAR YOU! WHAT DID YOU SAY?" "WHAT? DID YOU FIND ANYTHING YET?" "MY MOTHER WAS NOT!"

Spaz, you're getting hungry enough to eat metal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2018, 02:38:42 pm »

I kinda feel like apparently everyone has lost track of what's been happening. You all need a refresher?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2018, 02:44:04 pm »

They're...friendly? Well I sure hope their friendliness won't kill me. You know what...I'm getting sick of screwing around here No living thing can make it through that mist so FIND AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE!!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »

They're...friendly? Well I sure hope their friendliness won't kill me. You know what...I'm getting sick of screwing around here No living thing can make it through that mist so FIND AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE!!
(I believe that was just because of the bad roll and I don't believe there are no alternative routes. I think you can actually cross the mist.)

Carefully drive the cart to Vladen's cart and check if the investigator inside is alive. Get him inside of my cart and fly to a safer place. If Vladen eats him, don't do anything and just fly to a safer place, don't prevent the investigator from being consumed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:56:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

I could need a refresher, otherwise Freddie will just repeat the last action.  Hopefully he'll get it down to ball size to be smacked.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2018, 05:56:51 pm »

Wander back to the cart and look for the investigator...and eat him, at least an arm...you know what, just drag him into the mists and consume him.
((A bit of a refresher would be nice))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2018, 05:21:02 pm »

((Xantalos, we're waiting on you!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:01 pm »

((Son of a - could've sworn I'd posted! Guess my connectivity was bad at the time.))

Keep going, try to find the edge of this mist. Don't hesitate to get zappy with Elektra if the zombie guy tries to eat me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2018, 07:34:15 am »

REFRESHER: THE PLOT SO FAR

So, to sum up:
1) you all teleported into this big sort of planetoid a while back. Then you crossed the gap between the shell and the giant applecore shaped central part, fought off some birds and wandered on.
2) you headed toward one of the bridge/pillars that connect the central core with the shell, got into a fight with goblins and were arrested.
3) you made a deal with the authorities, and headed in toward the center of the planet, down the shaft that the bridge/pillar connects to.
4) you met the undead mist of yelling, and have tried at least twice to electrocute and burn it. This results in two explosions that send the mist further out toward you. It alos causes corrosion.
5) Three of your party members have entered the mist unharmed: An undead, a metal doll that is demon possessed, and a crystalline being (oh, and the driver of the one cart). Meanwhile, four of your party (the footmen/guards) have died immediately upon contact with the mist.

Status of the party:

Vladen and Gak are currently wandering in circles around the pillar, down in the mist. They are holding off the mist by virtue of angry voices, mostly.
Vladen is contemplating causing a TPK by assaulting one of hte inspectors unprovoked.
Freddie is attempting to burn and attack the mist. He is currently flying around, and has a broken foot.
Rex is sensibly staying out of the mist, and not causing trouble with the inspectors, though he is not opposing trouble either.
Kongor is now looking for an alternative route.

Vladen's sense of MISSION OBJECTIVE is pointing him vaguely through the mist toward the end of the tunnel and beyond. (5) Alternate routes exist, and Vladen is becoming aware of them.

Everyone else' mission pointers are aiming downward (aka, through the mist). I mean, it's fairly reasonable that the Heart of a Small Planet would be roughly in the center of that Small Planet, right? ... Oh, You are much closer to the objective than you are to the Outside Shell of the planet.

Speaking of the planet, a tremor shakes the tunnel you are in. Parts of the wall break off and fall inward. Luckily, none of you are struck by the falling debris. Kongor spots a tunnel leading off from the shaft. It's wide enough for the carts and for Freddie.  (This was equal parts luck, and actually looking for an alternative route).

So, what do you guys want to do? Fight the undead mist, eat the inspectors, try the Mysterious Tunnel, or something else?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2018, 07:59:36 am »

Kongor votes for the Mysterious Tunnel

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2018, 08:24:46 am »

Anywhere that is not near the mist or is obviously dangerous, like the tunnel. Search for alternate routes that are not in this area. Unless everyone decides to go through the tunnel. In that case, I would follow them and stay close to the investigators.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:03:57 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2018, 08:45:27 am »

Scream for everyone to follow and guide everyone down the nearest way forwards...and try not to eat anyone...yet, if I see one of the dead guards though, dig in.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45