Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57069 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2018, 08:03:05 am »

Eat the fish.  Yum.  If the bait ball is still pressing against the tunnel, I'll heat it up from the inside.  That should encourage the fish to swim further away from it.  Unless they want to become fried fish.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 14, 2018, 09:57:01 am »

Stab the sword into the top of the tube torwards the bait ball then quickly back away
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 14, 2018, 10:48:36 am »

Check again, both using the device and the Omega Brand and compare the results with the first time and second I tried using them to confirm that both are correct when trying to determinate the location of the objective and my allies.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 14, 2018, 02:33:14 pm »

"So, any idea what those are beyond big, ugly, and probably mean?"

Keep my distance from them right now, see if they come towards us or not. If nothing happens and we end up in a standoff, ask them what's behind that door they're guarding. If they begin attacking, use the darkness dagger to sear their eye analogues with ridiculous brightness and try to avoid getting into melee with them.

((Why yes, this was a brilliant idea on everyone's part :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 14, 2018, 02:39:58 pm »

Keep my distance from them right now, see if they come towards us or not. If nothing happens and we end up in a standoff, ask them what's behind that door they're guarding. If they begin attacking, use the darkness dagger to sear their eye analogues with ridiculous brightness and try to avoid getting into melee with them.

((Everyone is currently alone. Who are you talking to, other than the guards?))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 14, 2018, 02:41:34 pm »

((The inspectors I went down with.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 14, 2018, 03:17:48 pm »

welp, so much for that. Turn around and head back to where I just was and go where the guy apparently not messing with any fish went

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2018, 08:22:04 am »

Eat the fish.  Yum.  If the bait ball is still pressing against the tunnel, I'll heat it up from the inside.  That should encourage the fish to swim further away from it.  Unless they want to become fried fish.
You should do some basic research on bait ball behavior, I think. ah well. You set fire to the inside of the tunnel. (3) now the tunnel is burning. The bait ball does ease back a bit, but it quickly reforms a bit further down. (2) and dents are starting to show in the walls down there. The window you were looking out before is showing hairline cracks.

Stab the sword into the top of the tube torwards the bait ball then quickly back away
(1) you stab the sword at the tube as hard as you can. The sword bounces back, smacking the hilt into your face. You topple over and begin to slide off,nearly losing your grip on your sword and on the tube. Which do you wish to hang onto (tube or sword)?

Check again, both using the device and the Omega Brand and compare the results with the first time and second I tried using them to confirm that both are correct when trying to determinate the location of the objective and my allies.
[auto-succeed] You have chosen well. Clearly, going up the tunnel would be a long and pointless detour. Now, the Brand and the locator are not exactly GoogleLathal, so you don't get a real good "at the next juncture, turn right. Follow the rust stains three hundred meters and drop down, grappling the pseudogirrafe tightly." or anything like that. But you get a sense that the best route will be into one of the hallways, and along to a high traffic area that leads down. that, or inside the machinery, whee you might find something that moves materials down to the Center. Of course, going to a high traffic area means possibly interacting with NPCs or hostiles. SO be ready to hide or sneak like a proper rogue.

"They are clearly guarding something of importance. Through that door is probably a hive of activity, with power flowing into and out of the Heart, fueling the very life of Lathal. Liklely, they will only allow authorized beings through, and will raise an alert should unauthorized beings such as ourselves attempt to pass. Plus, as yo unoted, they are big, ugly, and probably very mean."

The guard things do not communicate, except in that way hostile living guard statues do - by ominously existing and brooding and being all threatening by standing around with mean glowing eyes. You know the type. Just like "Uncle" Xchorbo'Gnathix.

welp, so much for that. Turn around and head back to where I just was and go where the guy apparently not messing with any fish went
You head back to find the hallway on fire alongteh right side, Freddie looking out the bay doors at the fishies, and everyone else gone. Did the hallway tilt like this, last time you were here?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2018, 09:29:49 am »

((Sneak like a proper rogue? Uh oh, Rex is more like a barbarian. Still, it's better than getting crushed by machinery.))

High traffic area then. Make sure to change my natural camo and use my suckers to stick to the roof. Let's avoid anything moving or that looks "alive".

(Before entering, grumble about how much I dislike stealth and agility and how much I would love to be stronger and bigger like a proper fighter. Why does everything has to have bones or metal armor here? Back at my kingdom, everything was way more fleshy and smaller. But here, it's like I'm the fleshy small thing.)

If I'm spotted by anything clearly hostile, spew ink at whatever they use to see and smoke ring to make a distraction to flee.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2018, 10:28:52 am »

Keep grasp of the sword, try to find something to cling to or slow my fall
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 15, 2018, 10:56:39 am »

Hmm, that doesn't sound good.  Head towards the carts, it might not be safe to be here any longer.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 16, 2018, 07:46:21 am »

Ok so naturally I'm going to assume the missing teammates are in danger. Locate the closest and move in to his position.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 19, 2018, 10:01:32 am »

((Sneak like a proper rogue? Uh oh, Rex is more like a barbarian. Still, it's better than getting crushed by machinery.))

High traffic area then. Make sure to change my natural camo and use my suckers to stick to the roof. Let's avoid anything moving or that looks "alive".

(Before entering, grumble about how much I dislike stealth and agility and how much I would love to be stronger and bigger like a proper fighter. Why does everything has to have bones or metal armor here? Back at my kingdom, everything was way more fleshy and smaller. But here, it's like I'm the fleshy small thing.)

If I'm spotted by anything clearly hostile, spew ink at whatever they use to see and smoke ring to make a distraction to flee.

(6) you approach one of the grates out into a hallway, and force it open. The grate falls off the vent with a loud clang and a rattle. You peak out the grate to see dozens of eyes staring at you from various points down both directions of the hall. Some sounds indicate that someone or something out of your line of sight also heard that and are investigating.

Keep grasp of the sword, try to find something to cling to or slow my fall
(3) Your free-fall is arrested by a splash as you land in something liquid. whatever it is does not agree with your skin, which starts to bubble and peel off your flesh.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good.  Head towards the carts, it might not be safe to be here any longer.
Ok so naturally I'm going to assume the missing teammates are in danger. Locate the closest and move in to his position.
Alright, so Freddie runs down the hall toward Xan's position, and Kongor rumbles after him ... (6) and Freddie tumbles around the bend into sight of the other carts, both of which are currently stopped. He crashes right into the back of one, (5) as Kongor comes to a graceful halt along the wall. Behind you, you hear a slow grinding sound, and a sudden, loud rumble, followed by the sounds of shattered glass, falling stone, and banging metal.

(4) The steel guardians attention shifts back and forth among your little party and up the hall.  Their stances shift with a subtle scraping sound of their own.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 19, 2018, 10:13:09 am »

Nope, not doing this. Go back, put the grate in the vent and close it. If they're robots, any attack is probably going to be an auto-fail because of my meaty, boneless tentacles, giant octopus or not.

Try to listen to any sounds coming from the grate hallway. Do I hear breathing? walking? If noises are coming in my direction, use my natural camo and hide before they try to enter.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 20, 2018, 06:57:51 am »

Look for some kind of weakness in the new hostile a while ordering Freddie to rescue Spaz’s character
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45