Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57079 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #585 on: May 20, 2018, 04:06:10 pm »

Try and find a way to get out before healing self
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2018, 12:26:58 pm »

((Sorry I've been so slow with replying, RL stuff is making me somewhat busy.))

Gak decides to try the old 'logical fallacy to overload the circuits' trick.

"Hey thickness and chrome! The statement I will next make is false. However, the statement I previously made is true!"

Apply elementary school logic loops to the guardians. See if they explode or just ignore it and start tying to punch me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2018, 01:35:51 pm »

What am I looking at exactly?  There's some guardians and a door or a gateway.. what precisely is present?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 22, 2018, 07:31:19 am »

Nope, not doing this. Go back, put the grate in the vent and close it. If they're robots, any attack is probably going to be an auto-fail because of my meaty, boneless tentacles, giant octopus or not.

Try to listen to any sounds coming from the grate hallway. Do I hear breathing? walking? If noises are coming in my direction, use my natural camo and hide before they try to enter.

(1) You clamber back into the vent and scuttle backward. the sounds outside become a confused garble, then a concerted conversation. It sounds like furniture is being pushed around for a minute, and then a head pokes into the vent and a light blinds you. You make yourself look like a piece of the wall ... completely obstructing the vent. They seem to recognize that you are not a part of the normal structure in there. Something like a large fishhook is passed up to the person at the vent. THey take a moment to shuffle it around into the vent.

Look for some kind of weakness in the new hostile a while ordering Freddie to rescue Spaz’s character
(4) joints, maybe? They look pretty heavy, and probably can't fly? You tell Freddie to rescue Vladen, but ... hey, where is Vladen? Does Freddie even know?

Try and find a way to get out before healing self
You drag yourself out of the vat and fall onto a metal walkway, your skin sloughing off and drizzling through the grating to sizzle on something below. (2) You look around, but find nothing in eyesight to eat to restore yourself.

((Sorry I've been so slow with replying, RL stuff is making me somewhat busy.))

Gak decides to try the old 'logical fallacy to overload the circuits' trick.

"Hey thickness and chrome! The statement I will next make is false. However, the statement I previously made is true!"

Apply elementary school logic loops to the guardians. See if they explode or just ignore it and start tying to punch me.
They ignore the logic. (5) they also ignore you, more or less. Well, tehy aren't punching anything yet.

What am I looking at exactly?  There's some guardians and a door or a gateway.. what precisely is present?
You peek your head around the wagon. There are four Constructs, each the size of a small bus. Each wields some kind of rather large weapon - except one which wields a half dozen rather normal sized weapons - small in it's grasps. All three carts are present, so the hallway is a tad crowded. the inspectors are hauling hteir immobile companion out of one cart and drawing back slowly, eyes on the Guardians. You passed a window into a smaller cavern with fungi and giant insectoid legs extending from the ceiling. Kongor is there, and he seems to be urging you to go find Vladen. Gak is there, and he seems to be babbling at the guardians. The Vault door at teh end of the hallway encompasses the whole of the end of the hallway. This is the final destination for whatever typically comes down this hall.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 22, 2018, 08:04:33 am »

wait to see if the guardians stop ignoring us or not

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 22, 2018, 08:46:53 am »

Spit ink at it's face and use the Dance ring and Smoke ring. Push the person at the vent with my dance moves to get out of the vent and into the room the guy was on. If I'm attacked, use my Fire ring along my other rings and scream a lot while spewing ink everywhere and dancing.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 23, 2018, 12:36:31 pm »

Does it looks like I could soften up the floor or melt the ceiling enough to immobilize the four guardians?  Also, do any ideas spring to mind in light of my Kill Large Creatures perk?

As for Vladen, look at Kongor quizzically.  I'd like to get him, but I don't know where he is.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:29:12 pm by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 23, 2018, 05:15:59 pm »

Call out for help while trying to clean self
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 24, 2018, 07:31:12 am »

wait to see if the guardians stop ignoring us or not
I've been rolling every turn to see if the Guardians take action against you guys or not. they will, eventually.

Spit ink at it's face and use the Dance ring and Smoke ring. Push the person at the vent with my dance moves to get out of the vent and into the room the guy was on. If I'm attacked, use my Fire ring along my other rings and scream a lot while spewing ink everywhere and dancing.
you realize you will be pushing him back into the occupied hallway and charging in after him, right?

Does it looks like I could soften up the floor or melt the ceiling enough to immobilize the four guardians?  Also, do any ideas spring to mind in light of my Kill Large Creatures perk?

As for Vladen, look at Kongor quizzically.  I'd like to get him, but I don't know where he is.

you think you could probably do enough damage to the floor to make the hallway unstable. You don't think you can bring any particular piece of it down independant of the rest, so you think breaking the hallway will probably cause everyone in it to fall. (4) It would be risky, but if you could get under one of them - there is one on four splayed legs - then you could possibly cause them all to attack toward each other, interfering with each other's movements. You'd have to use that one as a shield, or perhaps get hold of another one's weapon, to rbing them together. From there, it would be chaos. You think aiming to disarm would be your best bet at survival at that point. That, and the hope that your allies acted well enough to keep the enemy from doing too much harm to you.

Call out for help while trying to clean self
(6) "Help" comes, in the form of several armored and armed beings - six-legged centaurlike beings with multicolored shimmering scales, long snouts, frills around their scalps, and whiplike tails. "Ah, good. See, I need some nourishment, and you fellas can provide it." You say casually, as you scrape the rest of the skin off your arm, flicking it away dismissively. "Also, I might need a new set of clothing. Got any spares about?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 24, 2018, 07:48:15 am »

you realize you will be pushing him back into the occupied hallway and charging in after him, right?
Do I have anything else to do? Because they're going to attack me, still do that action from last turn (flee into hallway while causing chaos and confusion with dance, smoke, fire rings, ink, screams and tentacles.) What I want to do is to get in the hallway and get enough room to run to the exit of the hallway while causing enough noise to be noticed by teammates. I have to charge that guy because it's armed and is also blocking the only exit, so better use that high strenght stat and combat spec.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 24, 2018, 07:57:55 am »

Attempt to locate Vlad using either the cart’s radio thing or maybe this brand I have. Or both and see which is clearer

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:06 am »

Ask if the spidertaur can provide food, if it doesn't respond slowly approach and try and set a hand on its back before biting it's throat and bashing it's chest with the pommel and cross guard if the sword
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:18:57 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 26, 2018, 04:33:30 pm »

Breaking the hallway sounds good.. after all, I'm a good flyer and the guards probably aren't.  But there might be a better idea.

Prod one of the inspectors with my tail, to try and encourage them into helping.  Then charge the guardians.  Go with the plan to get under the one with four splayed limbs, but help out by heating the floor under the guardians with my fire on the way in.  I'm immune, after all, and it isn't going to help them fight if they're getting burned through their feet with the metal legs.

(Please help out, guys.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 27, 2018, 02:51:18 pm »

I'll give Xan a little longer to post. This seems like a good time for input from everyone, if possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 27, 2018, 03:40:05 pm »

((Oh jeez. Sorry, I'm not really being a very attentive player in this.))

"Right, you guys remind me of my relatives. Time for the family greeting."

Assist with trying to fuck up the guardians! Zap them with my electric knife and blind them with my flashlight one. If their attention turns to me, use my hopefully superior mobility to run around taunting them like a jackass.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45