Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57061 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Boss Fight Music Begins
« Reply #600 on: May 28, 2018, 02:28:29 pm »

Check Superdino's turn for information that you all share now, via Brand fuckery.
Then see the bottom of the turn for combat situation

Spit ink at it's face and use the Dance ring and Smoke ring. Push the person at the vent with my dance moves to get out of the vent and into the room the guy was on. If I'm attacked, use my Fire ring along my other rings and scream a lot while spewing ink everywhere and dancing.
you realize you will be pushing him back into the occupied hallway and charging in after him, right?
Do I have anything else to do? Because they're going to attack me, still do that action from last turn (flee into hallway while causing chaos and confusion with dance, smoke, fire rings, ink, screams and tentacles.) What I want to do is to get in the hallway and get enough room to run to the exit of the hallway while causing enough noise to be noticed by teammates. I have to charge that guy because it's armed and is also blocking the only exit, so better use that high strenght stat and combat spec.
(4) you grab the polearm they poke into the vent, and shove them back into the hall, ZOidberg your way out of hte vent spraying ink and a very thin smoke everywhere, and knock over a few of them as you scuttle about looking for an escape. (Morale roll for mob, high is bad for you, low is good: (6)) well, this sends the crowd into a bit of a panicked combat frenzy. People are throwing things at you and swinging random, non-weapon objects in your direction. You are being pelted by produce, small containers, and possibly tools.

Attempt to locate Vlad using either the cart’s radio thing or maybe this brand I have. Or both and see which is clearer
(6) You get a clear and instantaneous image of where everyone in the team is. Additionally, you are kinda mind-blasted by an image of the Artifact you are here for, which, being as close as you are, is kinda intense. You are disoriented by the image, which will make actions more difficult untiul you come out of the daze. The image you receive is shared with the whole group. I now will roll to see just how much it is shared individually:
Vlad: (4) Vlad has a good indication of where everyone is, and knows exactly where and what the Heart is: which, considering that he is within 50 yards of it, is hardly surprising.
Freddie: (2) Freddie gets flickering images of a giant, glowing machine thing. Since this is superimposed on his current battle with large, not quite glowing machine things, this information is unhelpful to the Dragon.
Xan: (5) Xan has full view of all teammates and the Machine At The Heart of The World. it's like, fifty feet in diameter, and various things are pumped in and out of it, it churns, processes, consumes and delivers resources, nutrients, magic, and life. It seems to be working overtime, propping up a dying planetoid. Looks like moving that thing will be ... well, physically impossible. You only hope that the totems and sigils you have for this occasion will be enough to transplant it to a new host. Oh, you also get a sense that more of Omega is but a quick call away. Wonder what that's all about?
Rex:(1) Look, I'm not actively trying to keep you away from the rest of the team, okay? I just roll the dice and see where it takes us. Hang in there, you can still get passed this amateur mob with a little effort.

Ask if the spidertaur can provide food, if it doesn't respond slowly approach and try and set a hand on its back before biting it's throat and bashing it's chest with the pommel and cross guard if the sword
Diplomacy? How thoroughly unexpected, for some reason. (2+1 because I was caught off guard by the diplomacy) "No food here. Just machine. Food in Farm Cave, there" the spidertaur gestures past where yo know your allies to be fighting. "You shouldn't be here, I think. The Heart feeds us, but it is also eating us. best to leave, not get eaten. you've been eaten a little already, haven't you?" Notice please, that there are like, four of the spidertaurs, not just one. hmm. Also, I suppose you notice some discrepancy about them. looking about, and reflecting on the life forms you've seen as you've crossed Lathal, these spidertaurs do not look like natives to the Core. Strange.

Breaking the hallway sounds good.. after all, I'm a good flyer and the guards probably aren't.  But there might be a better idea.

Prod one of the inspectors with my tail, to try and encourage them into helping.  Then charge the guardians.  Go with the plan to get under the one with four splayed limbs, but help out by heating the floor under the guardians with my fire on the way in.  I'm immune, after all, and it isn't going to help them fight if they're getting burned through their feet with the metal legs.

(Please help out, guys.)
Alright, with that -2 Charisma, your attempt to get the inspector to help has ended in dismal -roll- (5) ... huh. alright, stay tuned for what the inspectors are doing. not that you have time to really process it at the moment. Heating the floor: (1) you melt a long thin strip of the floor as you run the beam is narrow, and seems to miss structural bits, but kinda sputters out before you get under the guardians. It also triggers their defense reflexes, making your attack the center of teir attention. So now I roll to see if you get under the four legged one. -2 speed and dex work against you here. (6) You trip in your own molten path and roll directly under one of the other guardians. This one stumbles, planting a knee in yor stomach. You are pinned, claws (well, claw and club) and fangs up, with little to no cover. It's all down to the next round for Freddie.

((Oh jeez. Sorry, I'm not really being a very attentive player in this.))

"Right, you guys remind me of my relatives. Time for the family greeting."

Assist with trying to fuck up the guardians! Zap them with my electric knife and blind them with my flashlight one. If their attention turns to me, use my hopefully superior mobility to run around taunting them like a jackass.
hoo boy. Alright, you charge in screaming pleasantries about the giant robutts' ancestry and sexual preferences, describing physical impossibilities and completely unnecessary innuendos. (1) your attack with the lightning dagger falls short, as you barely get in range to hit with it. (4) you point your shiny-stabby in the proper direction and trigger it. one of the guardians' eyes seems to glow bright for a moment, then suddenly go black. It moves sideways: (high is bad for you, low is good: (4)) and braces itself on the wall behind one of hte others.

alright, now I am going to roll for the two guardians who weren't affected this round, and for the investigators:
First, who goes first? (4,6,6) The investigators and one of the Guardians go simultaneously, followed by the last guardian.
investigators: (1) whatever they are doing, it fails. You hear a loud kind of thunk behind you, where they are.
Golem #3: (3) Golem #3 whacks Freddie with it's club. Freddie con roll: (3) The blow smashes your tail, bruising it and possibly breaking bones.
Golem #4: (2) This one is forced to reposition, due to the movements of the others and Freddie and Gak, so it does nothing effective this round.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #601 on: May 28, 2018, 02:48:23 pm »

I don't really believe it.  :(

Like, what happened to also using the rings of fire and fairy dance? Use them and continue using the ring of smoke. Whack them with my tentacles while dancing and continue spewing ink in their faces. Aim to kill or at least severely damage them with my huge tentacles.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 28, 2018, 03:39:54 pm »

(-2 speed and dex?  I thought I had that orb to limit the penalties somewhat.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:59:19 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:35 pm »

((You have an orb that can limit those penalties?))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 28, 2018, 04:14:22 pm »

((One of the inspectors put a force orb over it as kind of a walking cast.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 28, 2018, 04:17:15 pm »

((Oh, I thought you had some kind of magical artifact that boosted those stats. Rex has innate -2 speed and -2 dex, which I justified with his huge size.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 28, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »

In any case, I think my actions are fairly clear:

Hose the one that clubbed me down with napalm good and proper.  Stick the open claws into the belly of the one kneeling on me, if possible.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 29, 2018, 07:49:23 am »

Give myself a good shake back into the current situation and join the fight, punch the soldier Freddie is fighting with the gauntlet to distract it in case it aims for his head next

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 29, 2018, 05:08:09 pm »

Go grab some food and chow down, healing self, before thanking the creature and asking just what the heart and dissolving goop is
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 29, 2018, 07:24:44 pm »

Keep haphazardly dodging everything and being an annoying little pest that distracts the guardians from doing anything actually damaging.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 31, 2018, 07:53:02 am »

I don't really believe it.  :(

Like, what happened to also using the rings of fire and fairy dance? Use them and continue using the ring of smoke. Whack them with my tentacles while dancing and continue spewing ink in their faces. Aim to kill or at least severely damage them with my huge tentacles.
-2 speed, -2 dex, and you want sixteen actions a turn? Nope. Alright. let's take your actions one at a time, and see how many you get: (6-2) okay, you use your ring of random fire, fairy dance ring, and smoke puffer, and squirt ink. Four actions.
(5, 2, 5, 1) you set a significant fire, random target: (6) The floor all around you. the heat is unbearable, and you are surrounded by flames. The crowd backs away, (6) but still throws things in your direction. they are getting more organized. your fairy dance ring fails to make an impression on anyone, and your smoke ring which, I remind you, is able generally to emit only a thin smoke, does so. Well, it helps obscure you from vision on account of the raging fire you've surrounded yourself with. Finally, you ink, but you end up covering the floor under yourself with the gooey black stuff, making it slippery. At least it's not really a flammable ink. May I suggest scuttling away? Use the opportunity to get past this obstacle, rather than beating your head against it? the ceiling is still free ... Of course, if you prefer, you are getting the feeling that these beings are not much threat yto you. You are pretty sure you can take them if you can get past the fire. Organized or not, they don't seem particularly combat-worthy.

In any case, I think my actions are fairly clear:

Hose the one that clubbed me down with napalm good and proper.  Stick the open claws into the belly of the one kneeling on me, if possible.
Oops. my apologies. It looks like Freddie's normal speed and dex are high, not low. I must have been looking at someone else~~~ Well, that means you get a little boost this round to counter GM error last round. (6) Anyway, you Pour a stream of Napalm into the face of your current attacker, which melts into an unrecognizable lump. You push the other off yourself into the one that attacked you and right yourself. the meltfaced one staggers and is unable to act this round, and the other (6) gets a reaction blow against Freddie, jamming a large spear into his face (6 )Which Freddie snatches with his jaws and holds onto tightly.

Give myself a good shake back into the current situation and join the fight, punch the soldier Freddie is fighting with the gauntlet to distract it in case it aims for his head next
Roll for dispelling effects: (4) you concentrate and shrug off the vivid image, pushing it to the back of your brain, where it pulses and shimmers, but otherwise remains quiet. you roar and leap into action, swinging at the one with the spear! (1) But you collide with the meltfaced one instead and bounce off. Dang, that thing is heavy.

Go grab some food and chow down, healing self, before thanking the creature and asking just what the heart and dissolving goop is
What food? where? Oh, up there? like how are you getting up there? it's quite a way away from you. As for your conversation with the creatures, they seem uncertain how to answer your question. "Heart is living center of World. All this is what goes in, comes out of Heart. All this is Life. Life for Lathal."

Edit: oops, posted one too soon:

Keep haphazardly dodging everything and being an annoying little pest that distracts the guardians from doing anything actually damaging.
(1) you dodge right into a club, and are embedded into the wall about an inch and a half. oooooouuuuuuch.

Meanwhile, two guardians and the investigators act yet:
(1,2,6) the investigators go first
(5) you guys hear a crash, and a shouted "Make way!" then the sound of wheels. Cartwheels. You all scramble to get out of the way as best you can, and the cart rumbles into your midst! (3) it crashes hard into one of the remaining guardians and pins it against the back airlock wall. The guardian is still moving, but for now, it seems stuck. The cart is radiating a purplish haze though.

finally, the unblocked guardian attacks: (5)  now, who did it attack? (1) It attacks Freddie and Kongor with it's many knives, whips, and saps. (4, 5) Freddie is lacerated and bleeds a bit, but is not overly hampered by the damage, and Kongor shrugs off the attacks effortlessly, working up a bit of adrenaline in the process.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:01:30 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 31, 2018, 08:50:10 am »

I assumed using rings wouldn't count for any action limit as it's just waving a tentacle, of which I have 8.

Use my smoke ring and natural camo, and mimic the color of the dark smoke and ink, then get away from there and find the exit to this hallway while the hostile guys are distracted with the fire. Get out of the fiery area by climbing and sticking to the roof, where the smoke will hide me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:56:45 am by randomgenericusername »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 31, 2018, 10:45:37 am »

pull out my two-ended Morningstar and attack the robot of many blades, try to conduct some electricity from my gauntlets to the Morningstar while doing so

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 31, 2018, 11:24:45 am »

Welp, thank the spider-taur and go wander over to the rest of the team...if possible...unless the spider-taur can carry me up to the food
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:28:21 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 31, 2018, 12:48:23 pm »

”This hurts a lot more than watching it happen to other people made it seem.”

Extricate myself from the wall. There doesn’t appear to be any way to open the door the guardians guard? If there is, give it a shot while the others distract them. If not, keep distracting the things as much as I can.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45