Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57063 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bargaining with a stone
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2018, 09:53:08 am »

Push forward when the guardian pulls back his spear, letting go with the mouth.  Fire on the way in, bite to the neck, go for a quick kill.

(Xan, if you have nothing to do, summon some more reinforcements!  The thing for that is right next to you.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:59:31 am by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2018, 04:17:52 am »

I assumed using rings wouldn't count for any action limit as it's just waving a tentacle, of which I have 8.

Use my smoke ring and natural camo, and mimic the color of the dark smoke and ink, then get away from there and find the exit to this hallway while the hostile guys are distracted with the fire. Get out of the fiery area by climbing and sticking to the roof, where the smoke will hide me.

(1) alright, a one on a stealth roll. huh. Well, you jump up to the ceiling and schlorp along for a few dozen feet before being spotted and chased. you drop down to the floor, because it's faster that way, and hustle along, an angry mob following you. You run out into a wide thoroughfare, take the downward slope, knock over some guy's cabbages, and just in general cause a ruckus. The crowd behind you rounds the corner not far behind. Ahead, the thoroughfare descends into a vast cavern, but, it's like five miles away (because you know, you went the exact opposite direction for five turns).

pull out my two-ended Morningstar and attack the robot of many blades, try to conduct some electricity from my gauntlets to the Morningstar while doing so
(5) you begin whacking the many-bladed fella, driving it back with powerful strikes and thrusts. (6) you connect with a lightning enhanced thrust, blasting one of the golem's hands off. The flash of light blinds you momentarily though.

Welp, thank the spider-taur and go wander over to the rest of the team...if possible...unless the spider-taur can carry me up to the food
(5) they're not going to carry you, but they lead yuo toward the mushroom kingdom. You follow along, the floor below pusling with energy, the air vibrating with sound and power. You follow them through a door, and up a winding flight of steps, then down a short hallway to a dim, extremely humid room filled with must and shrooms. Your skin wold crawl, if you had any, what with the spores and all. Miiiiiight not want to hang around in here too long.

”This hurts a lot more than watching it happen to other people made it seem.”

Extricate myself from the wall. There doesn’t appear to be any way to open the door the guardians guard? If there is, give it a shot while the others distract them. If not, keep distracting the things as much as I can.

(4) you peel yourself, limb by li9mb, form your cozy little nook, and saunter over to the airlock. There's a big yellow circle in the middle, surrounded by bright arrows pointing clockwise and counterclockwise. The clockwise arrow is next to a sigil showing two arrows pointing in toward two vertical lines, and the counter clockwise one is next to a sigil showing tow arrows pointing away from two vertical lines. What mysterious writing is this? Inside the yellow circle is a valve, about oh, two feet in diameter. You reach up to try and take hold of the bottom edge of the valve, which proves to be juuuuuuust out of reach.

Push forward when the guardian pulls back his spear, letting go with the mouth.  Fire on the way in, bite to the neck, go for a quick kill.

(Xan, if you have nothing to do, summon some more reinforcements!  The thing for that is right next to you.)
(5) This plan goes exactly as you intend, you leap forward as the golem stumbles back, and you burn through it's neck before snapping it's head off with your teeth and riding the body to the ground. Freddie is starting to feel the cumulative effects of his broken foot, smashed tail, cuts, and exertion though.

(2)(2)(2)(2)
... bad round for the golems. At the moment, one is beheaded and supine on the ground, with Freddie on top, one is still pinned to the wall, but it is pushing hte cart back and will be in the action next turn, one is missing one of several arms, and the fourth simply was unable to land a blow this round. You guys have the advantage right now, what with those great rolls for your team.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2018, 08:32:06 am »

OOC: I think I'm going to need a map. Like, an actual visual map to know what's going on and where is Rex. Do I have to walk 5 miles to reach the rest? Or there is a 5 miles fall and I'm at a dead end?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 05, 2018, 03:32:25 am »

Now that the one on the end is down, burn the next one in line.  Napalm to the face, unless it's the faceless one, then go for the chest.  Work my way towards the cart, in case a summon is needed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:26:46 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 05, 2018, 07:35:26 am »

follow up with another series of strikes on the multiple armed robot while conducting electricity to my weapon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 05, 2018, 01:12:50 pm »

"...an elevator? Really?"

Jump up and grab the valve, and try to use my weight and whatever leverage I can get to pull/push it towards the side with the arrows facing out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 05, 2018, 01:26:03 pm »

Eat a few of the mushrooms and try to heal self before setting off after the others preferably xan
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 07, 2018, 08:16:03 am »

(2) well, I was goingto give you guys a hint that I've been dying to share, but the dice have spoken. and the dice are a cruel mistress today.

OOC: I think I'm going to need a map. Like, an actual visual map to know what's going on and where is Rex. Do I have to walk 5 miles to reach the rest? Or there is a 5 miles fall and I'm at a dead end?
Who would have guessed that wandering around blindly while one's brains were out to lunch would result in them becoming lost?

anyway, there is a five mile slope ahead, not a sheer drop. You gotta find a way to get five miles before that mob catches you, and going on foot is probably out, since you have  that -2 speed.

Now that the one on the end is down, burn the next one in line.  Napalm to the face, unless it's the faceless one, then go for the chest.  Work my way towards the cart, in case a summon is needed.
(1) you rear up to burn the golem, but it catches your face in an armlock, twisting your head to the side just as you spray liquid fire (3)melting a strip through the wall of the tunnel and catching the cart ahead on fire. Hmm ... that purple fog the cart was emitting .. .was it flammable? (5) well, it doesn't burst into flame so guess not. But it does change to a golden hue and begin humming, which is a weird thing for a mist to do.

alright, now for the golem's counterattack: (1) it wrenches your head around again, but loses it's grip, freeing you from it's grasp.
floorgolem: (6) wraps both arms around your ruined leg and crushed tail. Floor golem is slowly sinking through the burned gash in the floor, taking you with it.

follow up with another series of strikes on the multiple armed robot while conducting electricity to my weapon
Kongor attack: (1)
Golem attack: (it gets two on account of all the arms)(1)(1)
Kongor defense:(5)
Golem defense:(4)

The two attack each other with wild swings, both missing the other and both pirouetting as tehy come face to face momentarily. Their weapons clang together, and each one twists the weapon out of the other's hands. Manyarmedgolem now has a doubleheaded Morningstar, and Kongor now has an oversized Scimitar and an oversized battleaxe!

"...an elevator? Really?"

Jump up and grab the valve, and try to use my weight and whatever leverage I can get to pull/push it towards the side with the arrows facing out.
(1) you leap up and grab the valve, dangling comically for a minute before trying to swing the valve uhhhhh, counterclockwise. Your gyrations are ineffective at first, but as you build up momentum, rocking back and forth, you cause the wheel to rotate clockwise half an inch. a lever falls inward with a clunk, locking the valve in place. the lever is connected to the axel of the valve and is a simple mechanism, so while this is a setback, it's not an insurmountable one.

Eat a few of the mushrooms and try to heal self before setting off after the others preferably xan
(1) you step into the room and several of hte mushrooms rise up to glare down at you! these ten foot monstrosities seem rather territorial.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2018, 08:19:26 am »

Back away slowly, turn around, and walk away. Try to find the murder doll using the Omega legion mark
"Nope! NOPE! Not dealling with some angry Mushrooms. NOT TODAY!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2018, 08:22:01 am »

Quote from: rolls
(2)(1)...(1)...(1)(1)(1)...(1)(1)(1)
What.

Uh, try using the Omega Brand to know in which direction everyone is. I guess I'll start climbing the slope because it's the only way I'm able to go right now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:19:58 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 07, 2018, 09:10:20 am »

(Is it yet time for the summons, Xan?)

Floorgolem's got me by the feet, aye?  Angle my wings upwards and turn on the engines, breaking me free and hitting the floorgolem with the backwash.  Then try to place myself on the other side of the inspectors, so that the guardians have to attack them to get to me.

Also, Oz, if by hint you mean 'the Inspectors are about to complete their mission goal, either liquidating us or failing the mission for us', I'd like to know when exactly I had an opportunity to do something about that.  All they've been doing is sitting back with them outnumbering us, and several of them having ill-defined powers that could defeat Freddie instantly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 12:25:19 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 07, 2018, 02:42:48 pm »

((I don't even know where am I, when will I return to the team or if I even have a chance at returning. I have been trying to return for so many turns I lost the count. I think we're actually doomed to failure in this mission, or at least almost everyone is going to die. Does anyone knows how did the last mission to this place go?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:24 pm »

"Welp, that's a crapshoot.
Fuck's sake I forgot about the call button."

Find the call for help button and ... call for help. With the dice in a mood like they are, taking chances isn't a good thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 07, 2018, 03:36:29 pm »

((I don't even know where am I, when will I return to the team or if I even have a chance at returning. I have been trying to return for so many turns I lost the count. I think we're actually doomed to failure in this mission, or at least almost everyone is going to die. Does anyone knows how did the last mission to this place go?))

They failed far, far worse.  None of them even managed to get inside the outer shell of the planet.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 07, 2018, 04:53:20 pm »

((Well this isn’t good, I’m not very effective with sharp weapons as with blunt, should I drop them and use my gauntlets instead?))
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45