Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57230 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: With a Mighty Bang
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2018, 08:10:04 am »

One, two, three ... wow, technically everyone left has posted. Okay.

Check the bottom for "What happens with that summon?"

Dev:  "Hmm, maybe the heart will heal a broken neck then.  It does pump out life, does it not?"

Oz: "Yes it does."
I remind you that an action post should be made if you want to take advantage of that situation.

Try to pry apart the metal to make a shield or failing that pick up freddie and use hin as a shield, if there is anything fleshy inside the metal OMNOMNOMNOMNOM, then run, run as fast as I can away from the liquid metal spikes to cover
"Hey guys, I'm back, what'd I miss?"
(1) You start tugging on a promising piece of Guardian Golem, only to thave the pile shift over and topple on you. pinning you in place, yet somehow painfully exposed.
"Hey guys, I'm back, what'd I mi-aaaauuughOmegawhydoesthiskeephappeningtome?" You hear a feeble response from not too far away: "That's my line!" Gak calls back at you. Anyway, the insides of the Golems are pistons, piping, and Runic Sigils. (4) you have 6 turns to eat something.

((Apologies, sometimes I get intuition as to what I want to say. This was one of them.

Also heh, second mission and I've unleashed some form of magical cataclysm. Seems my ER vibes aren't quite gone yet.))

"Well, this has been fun. Bye bitches!"

If there's a spare cart, hijack it and fly away from the radioactive magnetic fluid apocalypse. If not, use the legs my summoner gave me, lamenting the fact that I only have two.
There are no carts in your vicinity, since, of the three you guys came down with, one was ... hmm, I seem to have lost track of one of htem, while another was destroyed in teh battle with the Guardians, and the last is airborne. Anyway, you stagger up, shout at Gak, who seems to be having similar troubles to yourself, and then turn 180- and clang away down the catwalk as fast as your freshly misshapen body can take you. (2) you get about fifty yards down the catwalk before encountering a dead end. Below, a Crystalline framework, resonating to some ethereal music. Above, dangling wires, spinning shafts, and a high pitched mechanical whine. To the left, more wires and tubes. to the right, open space.

((all the Omega summons were potentially very dangerous. But I'll say this: you did at least one thing very right when you described this being.))

try to wake up from this coma I’m apparently in
Kongor was more dazed and disoriented than Comatose. You awaken to the sight of the short wide Inspector floating alongside you.

"Calm again? We have reached our mutual destination. The confused muddle of your group's testimony has proven accurate, as far as it went. Tell me, Ape: Are you truly able to remove the Heart from Lathal? If so, we have a proposition for you. Accept, and we will aid you in your task. Refuse, and we will still aid you in returning to your home, should you wish to do that. What do you say?" You look around to see three sets of eyes on you, curious, nervous, passive.

So, that summon. It tears right through the side of the tunnel, which begins to collapse at last. The Burnt Knight is undeterred and leaps from the falling steel tube. It's form is now a mixture of the various Guardian Golems that were still in the tunnel when he was summoned. Inky black metal flows between the hard edges of the metalworks, and the limbs, torsos, and heads shift position seamlessly around the flowing blackness. It is talking as it grabs a steel pillar and slides down to a crossbeam not far from Vladen and the remains of Freddie, but what it says is just beyond understanding. It walks forward and reaches out toward the pile of not-quite-living beings.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:14 am »

So Vladen is currently stuck into a mechanical golem, Gak has been cornered by the summon, Kongor was captured by the investigators, Freddie was gibbed and Rex disappeared. What happens to Omega if the mission fails?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2018, 09:18:34 am »

Dev:  "Hmm, maybe the heart will heal a broken neck then.  It does pump out life, does it not?"

I remind you that an action post should be made if you want to take advantage of that situation.

Try to be healed/fixed/revived/animated by the life energy being pumped out by the heart of Lathal.

(I thought he was dead or dying from a broken neck and unconscious for his last moments of life, and as such, wasn't capable of making actions.  I thought if he was going to be saved by that, it would occur or not occur through no action of his own.)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2018, 10:45:55 am »

Well try and see if eating Freddy when he's dead counts as a team member, then try and get out.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2018, 11:56:09 am »

Well if I recall correctly, removing it was what we came to do. So what is your proposition?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Dying of Kindness
« Reply #650 on: June 14, 2018, 08:05:16 am »

A lot of weird stuff happens this turn, and most of it is happening in Freddie's action, so look there for stuff about everyone but Kongor and Gak, basically.

So Vladen is currently stuck into a mechanical golem, Gak has been cornered by the summon, Kongor was captured by the investigators, Freddie was gibbed and Rex disappeared. What happens to Omega if the mission fails?
Good question. this mission does have consequences for Omega as a whole.

Try to be healed/fixed/revived/animated by the life energy being pumped out by the heart of Lathal.

(I thought he was dead or dying from a broken neck and unconscious for his last moments of life, and as such, wasn't capable of making actions.  I thought if he was going to be saved by that, it would occur or not occur through no action of his own.)
Yes and no. Freddie cannot make an action, but this was a request for input from Freddie's player, not from the Character. There is no point in reviving a character, should such a thing be possible, if the player does not wish it. Also, I think there have been a couple other life and death sues like this before, where the player automatically posted some kind of "Maybe this will make the miraculous happen" action, and i let the dice fall where they might.

Alright, gotta roll for Freddie and the Golem, per our IRC discussion: (4)(5)
The Heart sends tendrils out - wires, tubing, and articulated robotic limbs, and drags both the Golem and Freddie's corpse in ...hmm (4) and Vladen too, since he's kinda stuck there in the middle with you.

Omegabomination
Hmm, gotta roll a reaction for our Omegabomination, I think, due to a teammate being pulled in like that (2) The Omegabomination reaches out, but grasps air only. Another set of Heart tendrils reaches out, and the Heart and the Omegabomination fall into a battle of assimilation, elimination, and manipulation. It's rather hypnotic, or would be, if any of you were available to watch it happen, what with liquid metal, mysterious liquids, Life Energy and Alien Radiation all flowing, dancing, stabbing, pulling, pushing, and arcing, creating a sort of Saint Elmo's Fire, arc lightning, green flashes and other bizarre phenomina as the two entities seek ... whatever it is each of them is after.

the Golem
Meanwhile, the Guardian is rapidly being reconstructed completely. The framework is erected, damaged parts are stripped, and new parts added. Innards are stuffed in with surgical precision and mechanical speed. By the end of the turn, the Golem is already functional, though it is still missing much. it can move limbs, and it's eyes alight, glowing purple and swivelling rapidly, not yet settling on anything.

Freddie
Freddie's corpse is suffering a similar restructuring. Parts are being stripped away - whole chunks of flesh and mangled machinery are tossed into the living, beating, furnace of Lathal's Center, while new pieces are being grafted in, grown on, or surgically implanted. (2) The link between brain and body is not reestablished. Of the Flesh part of Freddie, only the head remains animated by his own brain - the rest is on a mechanical life support, which means Freddie will essentially have to learn how to pilot his own body, once the process completes. (6) Alright, Freddie's mind is intact though, and I'm gonna go ahead and force an intelligence upgrade to near human at the least. After this, Freddie will be able to communicate verbally, with language. It was, from my understanding, the direction his mind was headed anyway overall. Now, Freddie's death causes a stat loss somewhere, but we'll hold off on that until after we've figured out what his "starting stats" will be. I think this can wait until we've discussed the basic Omega system overhaul.

Now, the upshot for the moment is: Freddie's mind is conscious, and "Awake" for the first time, but he's basically a brain in a jar at the moment. A fairly powerful, rather unique Jar, but nevertheless ...

Dev, I hope this doesn't break your concept of who and what Freddie is. It does seem like a fairly significant alteration. But then, Death usually is. Anyway, feel free to discuss issues you might have concerning this with me.

Vladen
Vladen is Fed by the Heart itself. you are stuffed to bursting with Life Energy, being pumped directly into your veins, eyeballs, brain, stomach, liver, and so forth. Something about the process is broken though, because the Life Energy does not stop coming. It's as if the Heart does not recognize your capacity for holding energy, and is literally trying to inflate you like a balloon. You gotta do something about this or risk dying of Life Overdose.

Well if I recall correctly, removing it was what we came to do. So what is your proposition?
"Excellent. I see we chose the most reasonable of your lot to parley with. Our proposition is simple: Take us with you. Specifically, we seek Sanctuary for Bridge City, it's inhabitants, and any Lathalian who seeks salvation though us.

We have developed some formulas to add to your Transportation Sigils, that will link with Transportation Runes that have been constructed throughout the city, bringing us with you. I understand that your Omega Base is essentially surrounded by desert? In that case, the city will settle harmlessly in the surrounding region. Considering that Bridge was build around a Chasm, this should work out quite well. Additionally, portal stones are being flown throughout Lathal as we speak. any who come through those stones are to be granted safe passage to elsewhere, or a home within Omega, should that be desired instead."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness
« Reply #651 on: June 14, 2018, 08:49:30 am »

whoops overlooked this, sorry been procrastinating on a paper and am now regretting doing that to the extent that I did.
Should probably be of relatively sound mental faculties for this, I'll edit in a proper action once I've gotten some sleep.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 14, 2018, 08:58:30 am »

Seems reasonable enough. I accept, though the rest of the group will need to hear this from you also. Speaking of which, let’s find Vladen and see if he’s ok.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:46:05 am by SuperDino85 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 14, 2018, 09:44:37 am »

Start repeatedly stabbing self while trying to find a way out, unless close enough to grab or strike the heart with the sword
"Some one help me out of here or at least stab me in the nonvitals!"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 14, 2018, 02:30:47 pm »

Talking about the Omega system overhaul, what impprtant changes will there be for character sheets? I want to make a draft to work on and then adapt to the new system when it's done, but I need to know what changes will there be to character sheets.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2018, 12:45:04 pm »

((Xan, Dev, you two ok?))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 15, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »

(I am, but Freddie isn't so hot.  This isn't a scot-free situation.)

Blink.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 15, 2018, 08:51:51 pm »

Hmm. Xan must still be under the weather or sleep deprived or whatever. Last minute paper writing.

Seems reasonable enough. I accept, though the rest of the group will need to hear this from you also. Speaking of which, let’s find Vladen and see if he’s ok.
"I don't think your team is in much of a condition to make decisions at the moment. Perhaps we should begin placing the enchantments?"

VLaden, as your ape eyes can see, is just brimming with life and energy. And screaming. He is totally full of screaming. Looks like a good time. The inspector hands you a basketball sized, crystalline orb with teh Omega Brand etched into it's surface, wrapping around until the Omega almost touches itself. For these, you recall the ritual simply being to touch your own Brand to the one on the orb in order to activate it, then holding the orb in the air for three seconds until it floats on its own. the Omega who instructed you was specific that they needed placed in at least four points around the Heart (in all three dimensions), and within thirty feet of the Heart. You have a dozen orbs, and the more you place, the better the results.

Start repeatedly stabbing self while trying to find a way out, unless close enough to grab or strike the heart with the sword
"Some one help me out of here or at least stab me in the nonvitals!"
"If only" -stab- "there was someone else" -stab- "who was in need of some Life Essence" -stab- "nearby" -stab- "that I could transfer" -stab- "this energy into!" -stab- "Ow! My eye!"

Are you the weirdest medic yet?

also, ... you are within striking distance of the Heart, which, I remind you, is a) very much bigger than you, b) literally capable of keeping a small planet alive, and c) ... you know, I don't actually have a c. I suppose the Planet's autoimmune system could count, but you guys haven't seen a whole lot of them, really, except the spiderbots and maybe the shoal of fish. and the Guardians.

Talking about the Omega system overhaul, what impprtant changes will there be for character sheets? I want to make a draft to work on and then adapt to the new system when it's done, but I need to know what changes will there be to character sheets.
I'll do all that in the base thread. I am looking for player input there, so feel free to go and make comments. I'll post a more orless final version of the sheet there before opening the game up to new characters again.

(I am, but Freddie isn't so hot.  This isn't a scot-free situation.)

Blink.
(2) your eyes cross and now you have two noses! Not really, it just looks that way for a moment. Anyway, teh Heart is still working on Freddie, though it seems more or less done fiddling with his neck. Freddie feels an electric tingle race up his neck, and a whole lot of unfamiliar sensations rush into his brain, threatening to overload his ability to process input.

He does still hear Vladen screaming, and Vladen is in line of sight, so you have a splendid seat from which to watch self mutilation gory enough to bring a tear to Gak's eye. Not one of his own tears, of course - Gak doesn't have tears. But someone's tear.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 15, 2018, 10:03:14 pm »

Close my eyes until I get oriented enough to re-open them, to see what's going on.

(Sorry, Freddie is essentially hors du combat at this moment.  Think parapalegic.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:25:22 pm by Devastator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 15, 2018, 10:33:42 pm »

((Yeah sorry, I had to write a paper at the liberal last minute so I stayed up for something like 36 hours or so, then slept the sleep debt off. Just getting back to normal now.))

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure if I can see Vladen from where I am, but I can probably hear him, since I seem to be above the Heart. Assuming I can make my way to him without being absorbed by the omegabomination, do so and begin 'helping' him by stabbing him a lot since he requested it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45