Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne  (Read 50480 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter World
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2018, 11:50:58 pm »

As someone who has near 2k hours if not more playing monster hunters  (it used to be all I did, even sometimes in lieu of sleep), I can verify that pain is indeed an emotion. In multiple games a buddy and myself farmed the silver los and gold ian for those sweet sweet rubies to make that sweet sweet armor. That was painful, almost as much as having nobody to play 4u with and grinding my way into g rank quests solo.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 02:43:30 am »

Fought the tempered Bazelgeuse quest today... Was my first time, and did it solo... Is pain an emotion?
Bazel is such a crappy monster, imo. All of the difficulty of the fight comes from the random bombs that drop off its body. Imagine Bazel without its bombs for a second. It'd be an absolute walk in the park, right? All of its regular attacks are slow and pretty easy to get away from. But the bombs... you never know when one will drop right next to you and ruin your day.

I recently cleared the double tempered Bazelgeuse, so it's definitely not impossibly hard, just annoying because of how you're walking on eggshells (or perhaps bombshells?) the entire fight.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 03:02:54 am »

Basil is not so bad. The bombs are only really dangerous when he is enraged and glowing, causing them to detonate instantly when dropped; in this mode melee need to stay back, and search for slinger ammo or traps until Basil calms down. At that point the bombs will only detonate after being attacked, either by a player or a monster; you can hit them yourself and then roll away before the explosion just to clear the field.

My biggest gripe with Basil is how he's always butting into other monster fights. Mind your own business, Juice!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2018, 10:41:43 am »

After 100 hours with the ChargeSNS as my only melee weapon really, I finally got back into the other melee weapons... Now I've got Legiana SA, Odo DB and lance, bazel duals, and Teostra LS, all fully upgraded. Got these all in one night, now I'm out of mountain dew and probably have diabetes. Worth.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2018, 10:46:57 am »

Hmmm....  I use the charge blade, but I don't really utilize the shield much.  Well, there are occasional times a block does happen while I'm transitioning between weapon modes.  I really need to work on that part.  Also should see the limits of blocking.

Trying out the bowguns now. 
Ore type Heavy Bowgun has machine gun mode, which looks fun.  While the bone type has sniper mode, which I've tried out, not really to my tastes.  The slowmo evades tho.  I think I've settled on the Light Bowgun, for now.  The damage numbers feel... tiny, basically half damage to my tiny charge blade hits.  Made up in volume though.  At the least, dropping volatile mines is actually a useable way to make bigger numbers, so not that bad.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:56:40 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:03 pm »

I use all three ranged weapons a lot, mainly HBG, but if I'm fighting someone fast like Legi or Odo I'd switch to either bow or LBG depending how I'm feeling. I'd probably use LBG more of one of them rapid fired sticky... God how I miss God's Archipelago. That thing was broken.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2018, 01:57:42 pm »

Alright, so using ranged weapons feel a whole ton better on the PS4 controllers compared to the PSP.
It is a huge difference in the fun factor, as I've always shied away from ranged weapons cause of the controls. 

Learned the LBG's land mine thing has multiple charges which can be triggered by the monster stepping on them or from any attacks hitting it.  Makes for a great light show if you manage to set it up.

EDIT:
Have any of you ever had the experience of Bazel chasing across multiple map zones?  And then camping you when you run into a 1-way in/out camp? 
That just happened to me, in a multiplayer game.  What did I ever do to make him that pissed at me?  People probably think I was leeching or something, instead of bringing him all the way to the party...

Hmm... right dung bombs.  Forgot I had those.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:29:15 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2018, 02:12:58 am »

PS4 players, the Aloy armor crossover event is now live! And it features an extra-large Anjanath to help get your gold crown!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2018, 01:56:34 am »

Spring Festival event is here!(and has been for a while. I'm late to the party.) Runs until April 19th.

Megaman Palicoes! Beetle armor sets! Wyvern Ignition greatswords! And the return of many previous events, including Aloy armor and palicoes, eyepatch, sunglasses, KuluYaku hat, and wiggler hat! Get your loots before it's too late!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2018, 04:23:03 pm »

Spring Festival has ended. Or at least the main events are no longer available, though the decorations are still up and the re-run events are still going.

Kulve Taroth has begun! This giant golden dragon will be around for a limited time, and yields many shiny new weapons and armor! Get your bling on!

EDIT:
I love the Kulve Taroth fight!
She comes with her own map, with new mini-animals to capture, new environmental hazards to discover and exploit, and massive loot-showers. And each kill awards about a dozen shiny new weapons of rank 6-8! I'm definitely going to be farming this hard until the event ends.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:31:55 pm by Folly »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2018, 03:23:43 pm »

Probably going to skip it anyways, because World...
I never even played Generations all that much.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »

After playing World I straight up can't go back to the older gens too.

Just the graphics alone. Holy moly.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2018, 03:36:18 pm »

Still waiting on the PC release here, I have been avoiding as much info as I possible can about it until I can play it myself.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2018, 04:09:18 pm »

After playing World I straight up can't go back to the older gens too.

Just the graphics alone. Holy moly.
There's plenty of reason to go back to Double Cross once it gets localized, variety being the main one. MHW has something around 25 large monsters total, and of those, there are very few elemental monsters (where is the water, the lightning, the ice?).

Double Cross/GenUltimate has something like 90+ large monsters total, which is a huge variety compared to World's cast of... fire-breathing lizards. I'm not saying quantity beats quality, but after replaying Generations... having more monsters to fight and gear to craft does make a difference.

That, and there are a lot of changes that happened in World that I personally dislike. Flash-bombs being the meta is one, due flying wyverns just getting staggered while flying instead of being dunked. Another is the downright terrible scaling. Playing a hammer in singleplayer will often net you two to three stuns on a large monster. Switch over to multiplayer and you'll be hard pressed to get one. Those are just a couple of things that made World less enjoyable to me.

I see a lot of people outright dismissing the previous entries because MHW is so shiny and new. I invite anyone with that mindset to look and see how much there is to gain by playing the older games.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:14:15 pm by Nighthawk »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2018, 11:53:34 am »

Framerate can hit 60 fps, updates are also planned for the release as well, my guess is Behemoth will drop then.

Also, they didn't say anything about crossplay... Slim hope I'll be able to play with PC people on my console.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32