Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Imic's RPG town RTD: Turn 9  (Read 8807 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Imic's RPG town RTD: Turn 9
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:05:55 am »

This is my brand new rtd, since the last ine died due to me failing to post an update due to RL stuff, so here we go again. I am older and wiser now, however, so let's do this properly. I have planty of free time in my hands, so I want severe prodding if I fail to update!

You are a bunch of people in a standard RPG town, presumably about to go on an unspecified adventure. Who are you? What is in the rulebook? Not much and quite a lot, not nessecarily in that order.

This is a standard RTD, you post an action, I roll a dice, and then determine how much you fail. If you roll a:
1: Miserable failiure
2: Failiure
3: Not quite a failiure, not quite a success.
4: Success
5: Perfect success
6: Overshot

As for the peoples...
Name:
Appearance:
Background:

Spoiler: Locations in town (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player list (click to show/hide)

Let the Meta bagin!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:52:46 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imic's new Minamalist RTD
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:21:57 am »

Name: Mimic Chest
Appearance: It's a long and tall creature that disguises itself as a chest to eat adventurers. It has a lot of sharp teeth, a sticky tongue he uses to trap adventurers in his mouth and very long limbs. Totally a chest filled with riches, I swear.
Background: He traveled from dungeon to dungeon and ate some people alive. It's a chest in the middle of nowhere with extremely valuable loot inside. Who could have left this here, in the middle of a dungeon?

Trick villagers into opening me to eat them and become stronger.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:11 am »

Trick villagers into opening me to eat them and become stronger.
You hide in the town market and look very inviting, which isn't hard, since you're definately a chest of treasure. The citizens see you, and about 4 seperate individuals open you, and are never seen again for presumably unrelated reasons.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 09:51:33 am »

Start spreading rumors of the mystic chest that grants you anything you want to lure tasty adventurers to consume.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 10:01:39 am »

Name: Jack Stein
Appearance: On the younger side, decked out in artificer's garb, with a backpack full of parts and a pair of magic-detecting goggles.
Background: Traveling craftsman, hobbyist mage, and prolific engineer and enchanter. All your equipment enchanted with auto-repair, guaranteed. That the blunderbuss I made for you won't break, somewhat less so.

Open up and enchanting shop.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Imic's RPG town RTD
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 10:23:33 am »

Name: Normal NPC
Appearance: A usual trading NPC
Background: He used to be a adventurer like you, but he took an arrow to the knee, and now he's selling armours, weapons and other adventuring goods
Sell my adventuring goods to any characters that come into my shop with a usual line of "What do you need?"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:00:16 am »

Start spreading rumors of the mystic chest that grants you anything you want to lure tasty adventurers to consume.
You're attempts to spread rumors make people realise that the chest over there can talk, and they start to stay as far away from you as possible.

Open up and enchanting shop.
You set up an enchanting shop in the Shop street and recieve a decent amount of custom, although you don't have too mcuh left afterwards what with getting food and the like.

Sell my adventuring goods to any characters that come into my shop with a usual line of "What do you need?"
Your shop hasn't been doing too well recently, although not badly enough for you to starve to death. An enchantment shop recently opened next door to you, by the way.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imic's RPG town RTD: Turn 2
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:02:08 am »

Mh hmn. Sounds like I need to sell better goods, and to do that, I'll need better enchantments.

And to get better enchantments, I'll need to find some new enchanted items.

Dungeon expedition time!
(Note: all objects are to be prodded with a sword, pole, or other such tool prior to contact, so as to not get jumped by magically disguised enemies and monsters)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:21:03 am by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 11:08:39 am »

Damn. Find a dungeon and hide on it, waiting for adventurers to search it for loot and be consumed by me.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:52 am »

Name: Flailer
Appearance: A duck clad in a purple cloak.
Background: Ordinary duck background until a lonely retired mage with bad eyesight mistook him for an apprentice. He was given this cloak on the day of graduation and the name Flailer for his tendency to flail around wildly in combat and somehow masterfully flay his opponents.

Find some food.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 12:05:30 pm »

I'll make an update in five minutes, the doge needs a walkin'.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 12:40:56 pm »

Get my old sword and armour and go dungeon expedition, i wont let some random guy take over my bussiness
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »

Name: Gilbert Granite, Villager #65
Appearance: Brown hair, Brown eyes, No beard, average height.
Background: Raised in the village.
Search for an adventurer to pester.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Imic's RPG town RTD: Turn 3
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 02:35:40 pm »

Mh hmn. Sounds like I need to sell better goods, and to do that, I'll need better enchantments.

And to get better enchantments, I'll need to find some new enchanted items.

Dungeon expedition time!
(Note: all objects are to be prodded with a sword, pole, or other such tool prior to contact, so as to not get jumped by magically disguised enemies and monsters)
[3]
You enter on eof the many dungeons in the surrpunding landscape, and slowly go inside.
It's dark, and damp. You go down a long coridoor, but see no doors on either side. Finally, you come face to face with either an archway leading into the deep the deep darkness, or a locked door. What do you do?
Damn. Find a dungeon and hide on it, waiting for adventurers to search it for loot and be consumed by me.
[2]
You find a dungeon easily enough, the landscape is teeming with old ruins from an Empire that was once entirely centered in this valley. However, as you go deep into a random dungeon, you discover that the locals don't appreciate a random chest walking around, and you get mauled by goblins, who leave you in an extremely weakened state just outside the ruin entrance.
Find some food.
[6]
You find some bread. You eat the bread. It's quite delicious. It is warm, buttery, and beutiful on the inside, and it has a flakey crust. You suddenly realise that you are now addicted to bread.
Get my old sword and armour and go dungeon expedition, i wont let some random guy take over my bussiness
[2]
You go out to find a dungeon, but as you go in, someone appears from nowhere, beats you senseless, and leaves you outside with your sword stolen and youe right leg broken. You could probably give a quest to a passing adventurer to gat it back, though.
Search for an adventurer to pester.
[5]
You find an adventurer, and start to pester him.
[5]
He eventually buys you a drink to make you shut up.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imic's RPG town RTD: Turn 3
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 02:55:10 pm »

Break out the Thieves' Tools set and take out the lockpicks. More effort is more worth it. Let's open that door.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5