Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81

Author Topic: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]  (Read 97129 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars [Warning: Spoilers inside!]
« Reply #975 on: December 28, 2019, 11:19:23 am »

Yeah, Captain boy was a little too pretty, should cover up that kissably pretty face with a beard and stay away from me.

dractionjack77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 28, 2019, 12:15:26 pm »

lolz I fell asleep in the cinema. #blush

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 28, 2019, 02:16:27 pm »

I think this was the worst of the three.  Force Awakens was a reboot of a new hope but it had a coherent plot and characters.  TLJ, I can't really blame Rian Johnson for fucking up, he's a good director who was given an impossible task.  It made an attempt to do new and interesting things.  This last movie was just a hurricane of nonsense that gave me a headache.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 28, 2019, 02:28:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 02:40:03 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 28, 2019, 02:35:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It means "you know how you Jedi get Force Ghosts? Well, WE get Force Ghosts too, so, HAH!"

Or at least that every new Sith Lord must apparently go to hidden-secret-planet-place and, like, get the power (and apparently goals and such) of all the previous Sith? And that sometimes a freaking SITH LORD will voluntarily get murdered by their apprentice and hand over their power so the Sith will survive, which is absolute garbage and contrary to everything we know of the Sith (incredibly self-centered and driven usually by desires for *personal* power and control or whatever).

Oh well. At least they managed to feed all the shippers? And the memes?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 28, 2019, 02:50:23 pm »

Some of the novelizations suggest that Palpatine is essentially the culmination of all Sith knowledge and experience, and considers himself as such. Sort of like how Yoda is the ultimate end product of thousands of years of refined Jedi training. Palps' used this to make himself basically the perfect foil to a light-side user.

They also make some comparisons with that as to why Palpatine is able to defeat Yoda, even though Yoda is shown to be technically more powerful. Palpatine and the Sith have spent the last thousand years specifically training themselves to wipe out the Jedi, and have evolved over time to that end. The Rule of Two ensures that only knowledge that lends itself to that specific goal is honed and passed on. The Jedi have simply stagnated. Yoda even says that the Jedi did not change because he did not let them.

The prequel novelizations are way better than the movies.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 28, 2019, 06:04:42 pm »

It's actually the echo of the line from the prequel, "I am the senate"

That way it all ties together.

You know, like poetry.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 28, 2019, 06:29:10 pm »

It rhymes! Oh, hateful sand. Does it rhyme.

In a something of a wtf moment, I've read an article in a local press discussing how the new Disney-managed SW is shit, while unironically presenting the prequels as a high point. E.g. the dialogue was shit on purpose, you see, because it was evocative of the wooden lines in silent movies. Same with direction and plot.
It was all according to the auteur's vision, and it was good. Great, even. But the Disney snake was the cleverest of animals and it tempted the George into taking a bite from the Tree of Even More Money, and this corrupted his fruits. That's why we have Kylo Ren, who is not as great an antagonist as Anakin (I shit you not).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 28, 2019, 06:39:36 pm »

I mean

Ep.3 Anakin was in fact better than all of Kylo Ren, if you ask me. Adam Driver is great and all, but not Kylo Ren.

Still tho, Anakin from Ep.1-2 more than makes up negatively for anything cool he does in 3.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 28, 2019, 06:45:26 pm »

Kylo is like the only good part of the sequel trilogy.  I rank the movies like...

Good
Empire
New Hope
Return of the Jedi

Okay I guess
Force Awakens
Solo

Bad
Rogue One

Real bad
Rise of The Skywalkers
Revenge of the Sith
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

The prequels are all about equally awful, including revenge of the sith, but I think clones is slightly worse than the phantom menace.  I never actually saw the last jedi so not ranking it.
Shoes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 28, 2019, 06:48:05 pm »

You really didn't like Rogue One?

What was it about that one? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 28, 2019, 06:54:12 pm »

It was boring.  I saw it maybe a year ago and I don't remember what any of the characters were named or anything that happened except they all died and darth vader showed up at the end.
Shoes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 28, 2019, 07:21:05 pm »

I... Well...

Well there was Jyn Urso, the heroine. And then the sarcastic robot. Oh and the guy who owned the robot. And Donnie Yen and his machinegun-attached-to-a-human friend... Discount Tarkin who built the death star... hmm. Oh! What's his name! Forest Whitaker. He's in the new EA game too. Saw Breathmask or what have you.

And CGI abomination Actual Tarkin and Leia. See that's three and a half whole character names.

Great movie. I remember enjoying it immensely.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 28, 2019, 07:34:34 pm »

Oh yeah, I remember when forrest whitaker decided he was done running and died for no reason.  He wasn't injured was he?  He wasn't slowing them down.  He was just like "whatever, I'm gonna die now cause that's what happens in war movies"
Shoes...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 28, 2019, 07:42:09 pm »

I kinda dug that dude who was a vague force priest.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 81