Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75823 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: The spirit of Self Sacrifice
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2018, 08:57:02 pm »

Oh yeah. Uh ... hmm. I guess, go on to the next compartment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 11:08:29 am »

The Yetee has a pretty good shirt today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well, that's pretty stupid. Free guns, anyway."

Disconnect all the ammo drums so the guns can't fire. Clear the chamber too, if necessary. Then grab one of the guns as a bludgeoning tool and proceed into the next car.

[9]
You walk around, unhooking ammo and clearing chambers. You quickly disable every gun before posting up next to a random one and trying to tear it out of its fittings.
[5]
Despite your best efforts and great technique, the best you can do is pop a few rivets. This thing weighs a huge amount and is bolted down to deal with an equally huge recoil. Its beyond your strength.

4 Acclaim!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"It seems they left some of there BB guns out of the closet."

Get close to the autocannons and start ripping them off of their emplacements, as many as possible.
[7]
You stride over to the first gun and tear it free from the wall with one hand, its supports all bending or snapping as you do. The entire car groans  from the force and lists slightly to one side. Hmm..Maybe not the best idea to keep doing that.

2 Acclaim.

Oh yeah. Uh ... hmm. I guess, go on to the next compartment.

"The instruments of death lay silent. Curious."

Scout out next car while we disarms the previous.

You both open the door out of this car and stand on the platform between the cars, prying open the door to the next car just enough to peek in.  There are more robots in there, but they're different from the others. Their bodies are like rounded upside down pyramids, all huge broad shoulders and thin waists with long legs. Their arms aren't the same metal tubes either; they're huge hydraulic things ending in metal fists, with buzzing sawblades protruding from each knuckle.  There look to be 6 of them in the next room, standing in a circle around something. Some sort of machine with thick cables running from it to other machines bolted to the walls. You can't tell what those machines are from inside, all you can see is a metal plate with wires running to it connected to the wall. Whatever the things are, you'd have too go outside to see them.

Or tear one out and bring it in here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2018, 12:54:04 pm »

"Hmm, interesting in that we shouldn't activate them, yet we need to get to the top access point, and remove all the wires as possible

Throw the dismantled machine gun and create a hole onto the top of the train-car. If still in tunnel, wait for my allies to think of a plan. If the train is outside, climb/jump onto the top of the train-car to see what this "machine" really is

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2018, 09:19:43 pm »

Any day now you guys~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 09:23:30 pm »

"Are we ready to conduct, fellows?"

If we are out of the tunnel, then wait for machine check, otherwise swing open the door and perform the beautiful opera of THROWING THE ROBOTS INTO EACH OTHER.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2018, 09:26:36 pm »

Apoptosis stands in the car for 30 seconds, lost in thought, planning his next move.
"Ah, whatever. I can be smart in motion, too!"

Run into the next car, jump over the bots, and examine the central machine! If the bots try to hit me, fake them out and make them hit the machine instead. While I'm running in, take a glance at the other machines too.

It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2018, 07:32:08 am »

Wait for my teammates to attract roboattention, then rush in and grapple one. Naturally, target any that are tag-teaming or attempting to flank my allies. Issue the following thesis:

"We come in peace! You'll be leaving in pieces!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2018, 12:21:45 pm »

"Hmm, interesting in that we shouldn't activate them, yet we need to get to the top access point, and remove all the wires as possible

Throw the dismantled machine gun and create a hole onto the top of the train-car. If still in tunnel, wait for my allies to think of a plan. If the train is outside, climb/jump onto the top of the train-car to see what this "machine" really is

[10]
You take the gun and throw it straight up through the roof with one hand. It punches through the metal and slams into the roof of the tunnel beyond it, embedding itself and vanishing in an instant as the train continues forward. You take a peek up through the hole and see  that there's only a few feet between the top of the train car and the roof of the tunnel.

"Are we ready to conduct, fellows?"

If we are out of the tunnel, then wait for machine check, otherwise swing open the door and perform the beautiful opera of THROWING THE ROBOTS INTO EACH OTHER.

The TRANSPACIFIC tunnel is gonna take a while to get out of. Its 8600 km long.  Even on such an advanced maglev bullet train as this one, its gonna take a bit.

[1] (Threnody for best unintentional comedic role)
You shove through the pair of doors and charge into the room, leaping forward to grab one of the bots. You successfully get hold of it. Specifically you get hold of its fist. Even more specifically you shove both hands onto its buzzsaws. [-100 HP]

You recoil, screaming and looking at your badly sliced hands.

"I'LL NEVER PLAY PIANO AGAIN! Admittedly I couldn't play it before...BUT I AM STILL DISTRAUGHT!"

-5 Acclaim!

Apoptosis stands in the car for 30 seconds, lost in thought, planning his next move.
"Ah, whatever. I can be smart in motion, too!"

Run into the next car, jump over the bots, and examine the central machine! If the bots try to hit me, fake them out and make them hit the machine instead. While I'm running in, take a glance at the other machines too.

[4]
You run into the car, past your wailing teammate, and attempt to leap straight over the ring of robots. Instead you land butt first on one of their globe shaped heads and end up sitting on top of it. From there you get a good look at the central machine; it looks like some sort of mini-nuclear reactor. You can tell because of the fact that it has a giant Radioactive symbol on it and is glowing and pulsing in that stereotypical mad science power generator way. Its not floating though and doesn't contain any visible crystals so it must be fairly low power for this sort of thing.

You nod thoughtfully to yourself, crossing your legs where you sit on the robot's head. "Probably something in the Superjoule range."

You look at the various blank metal plates on the walls wired into the reactor and [4] deduce that they're probably, maybe, energy weapons.

3 Acclaim!

Wait for my teammates to attract roboattention, then rush in and grapple one. Naturally, target any that are tag-teaming or attempting to flank my allies. Issue the following thesis:

"We come in peace! You'll be leaving in pieces!"

[2]
You run into the room and...what were you going to do in here again? It seemed really important a second ago...Uh...Hm.

"Hey, Apoptosis, what was I gonna do in here?"

"Dunno" He replies, rubbing his chin and examining the room. "Probably something heroic?"

"Yeah...I wonder what though..."

All the Boxer Bots...remain entirely stationary. Apparently you haven't done anything that would register you as a threat yet. Or maybe their orders were very specific? Hard to tell.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2018, 01:22:21 pm »

"LAAAAAAAAA!"

Calm down, stop bleeding, help hack the bots.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:34:39 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2018, 02:55:23 pm »

"Ooh, this seat is comfy! Anyway... hack the planet!"

From my safe vantage on top of the robot, find a hatch I can open and mess with it's insides. Try to hack the robot so that it will stand down and not attack, and ideally spread those commands to the other bots. Them not attacking is good luck, but I want to mess with that reactor, and they'll probably attack when I do, so I have to take care of the bots first. Performing some friendly maintenance is less likely to aggro them than just attacking. If they do attack, disable the arms of the one I'm riding and use it as higher ground for an advantage.

"Just to clarify, do NOT mess with that reactor just yet. I think these robots will only attack us if we mess with the electronics in this room. Oh yeah, and the things on the walls are energy weapons of some kind, by the way."

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:57:09 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Heroic Misadventures
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2018, 03:10:08 pm »

"Your advice adds harm-OW!-ny to our work."

Action edited.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2018, 07:47:36 am »

"Well, okay then. Nothing particularly heroic to do in here, it seems. have fun with the murderbots though!"

Head on through to the next car. Look for passengers, enemy luchadors, mad sciency types, or an observatory from which to watch the ocean as we travel.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2018, 11:29:23 am »

"This tunnel is blocking so many access points!, my time has come, and this place is getting unvaried in action. The next cart we go!

Go on through to the next car, if there any locked compartments than smash my way into them. While also looking for new enemies that need to be vanquished

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2018, 11:03:58 am »

Oceansoul, have ya given up on this game?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2018, 01:54:46 pm »

"LAAAAAAAAA!"

Calm down, stop bleeding, help hack the bots.

"Ooh, this seat is comfy! Anyway... hack the planet!"

From my safe vantage on top of the robot, find a hatch I can open and mess with it's insides. Try to hack the robot so that it will stand down and not attack, and ideally spread those commands to the other bots. Them not attacking is good luck, but I want to mess with that reactor, and they'll probably attack when I do, so I have to take care of the bots first. Performing some friendly maintenance is less likely to aggro them than just attacking. If they do attack, disable the arms of the one I'm riding and use it as higher ground for an advantage.

"Just to clarify, do NOT mess with that reactor just yet. I think these robots will only attack us if we mess with the electronics in this room. Oh yeah, and the things on the walls are energy weapons of some kind, by the way."

TEAMWORK [1,9=8]
Despite  Threnody's continuing terrible run of luck and his smearing blood all over the robot and its circuitry, Apoptosis manages to unscrew the top of the bot's head and get into its robotic brains. He hacks the bot so that it won't attack but the command doesn't propagate to the others. Hmm.

3 Acclaim for both of you.

"This tunnel is blocking so many access points!, my time has come, and this place is getting unvaried in action. The next cart we go!

Go on through to the next car, if there any locked compartments than smash my way into them. While also looking for new enemies that need to be vanquished
"Well, okay then. Nothing particularly heroic to do in here, it seems. have fun with the murderbots though!"

Head on through to the next car. Look for passengers, enemy luchadors, mad sciency types, or an observatory from which to watch the ocean as we travel.

You both pass on to the next car and find it to be filled with passengers; so many that you're pretty sure they took every passenger from the other cars and brought them here. They're lined up like sardines, packed against the walls and stacked like firewood, their arms bound behind their backs with some sort of plastic coating that almost looks like shrink wrap. They're all unconscious and there's a sort of odd, chemical, sweet smell in the air. It makes your eyes sting.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45