Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 149669 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #525 on: October 08, 2018, 10:40:48 pm »

((I thought you had picked the other name (Gwyneria? Gwyn?) because of what you said before about how Prisca didn't really fit. Also, I was mostly referencing plot armor and how named characters tend to have better survivability.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 08, 2018, 10:46:42 pm »

((Her name is what her wielder calls her. the only one her wielder has put forward is Prisca. Therefore that's her name unless he picks something different.))
((She'd like Gwyneria, and shortened it to Gwyn because it has fewer syllables.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 09, 2018, 07:20:48 am »

just barely manages to not be baffled Umm...okay. Since you seem to like “Gwyn” so much I guess you can have that for a name. Thanks Bruford...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 09, 2018, 08:03:15 am »

"Okay. Treat weapon with care, because weapons never betray you."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:53 pm »

"Yay!"
I then wait patiently for my wielder to decide what he wants to do, it's not my place to make decisions for him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:19 pm »

Nope. Thanks for the information. I guess I better get practicing then
Go to a spot where I can’t really break anything useful and practice using my new “weapon”

You and 'Gwyn' Go to one of the arenas and request some targets to be set up. A dozen straw=stuffed target dummies are set up in a small ring at a melee practice post, and a series of larger wooden targets are arranged around the arena facing a second post for ranged practice. Some of the targets are suspended from teh ceiling, and several, in both the melee and ranged sets, are moving as if they have minds of their own.

More talking and that rune soul idea sounds fun
"It seems she's used to having one's soul in her body, at least from what I garnered speaking with her and the incident that lead to her having to be brough back. I am sure that such a possibility would not be necessarily bad. How much would such a thing cost?"
"Cost? Can you handle the inscriptions? If you want Runes etched into your body, that's a permanent thing, and powerful, but comes at a cost - you need the skill and fortitude to hold them or else they will either burn you, break you, or fail to take hold. Something you can afford, on the other hand, would be painted on rather than etched in."

Bruford gives a passing glance at the strange gorilla-living weapon duo as they walk towards the arena.

"Bruford doesn't understand why the weapon has to look so alive when it's made to kill. Whatever, Bruford prefer axes."

Talking about weapons, I'm kinda hoping I manage to collect enough coins for one before the next mission starts. Does anyone else at Omega needs a job done? Do small jobs, I just need a few more for something decent.
Not a lot going on at Omega Base at the moment. gonna have to earn those coins on mission, or beg, borrow, or steal them.

Wander around looking for something that smells tasty until I get tried or someone rounds me up for the mission.

(Well, you could always go with hitting people with other people.)
Soon as Kongor gets his weapon tested out, we'll shove you guys out into the cold.

Nibble uncertainly on my snacks as I wander off in search of the requisitions office.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
I think you already know where requisitions is. been at omega long enough. what do you need?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 09, 2018, 11:41:39 pm »

Is there a pool here?  I don't think I've gone for a swim with these metal bits.  Better make sure they're okay with getting wet.

((RGU, you've got unnatural ranged at +1, and a specialization for throwing stuff.  Why not see if you can gather up a sack and some big rocks or chunks of rubble for throwing boulders?  It's not as good as an axe sized for your golem, but it should be cheap and not leave you barehanded.  Plus you should be able to refill your ammo without much difficulty.  Yeah, your range is weak, but the specialization should limit friendly fire.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:44:52 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 10, 2018, 07:30:31 am »

((If the mission is on a natural place (mountains, caves, etc.), I could just grab some large rocks from the ground. I'm not too worried about having no throwing ammunition since I can pretty much throw anything, even enemies. I have decent unarmed fighting specs and the only way to improve my melee combat would be to get an axe.))

Search around Omega and pick up any coins I find on the ground while waiting for the mission to start.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 10, 2018, 07:41:27 am »

Get  one shot painted sigil for absorbing a single human sized target Learn as much as I can about how to use it and what can be done with it
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:42:06 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 10, 2018, 12:19:58 pm »

Have Gwyn launch one of each kind of shell at pretty much any cluster of dummies, different cluster for each shell

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 10, 2018, 12:48:16 pm »

uh...
"Are you sure you want me to fire autonomously?"

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 10, 2018, 01:25:47 pm »

uh...
"Are you sure you want me to fire autonomously?"

I’m actually not sure, but there’s so many dummies around I’m having trouble deciding where exactly to aim. Besides I only want to see how effective each shell is so when we actually get in a fight, I—sorry, we will have some kind of results to base effective strategies off of. Also I don’t know what autonomously means.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 10, 2018, 01:31:19 pm »

He didn't say no?! he didn't say no! Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.
I check behind me, making sure there's nothing back there that would hurt me, shift my arm into my barrel, wince, and fire an HEI shell at as far away of a target as I can pick.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:55:06 pm by Lenglon »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 10, 2018, 09:26:27 pm »

He didn't say no?! he didn't say no! Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.
I check behind me, making sure there's nothing back there that would hurt me, shift my arm into my barrel, wince, and fire an HEI shell at as far away of a target as I can pick.

Good choice. Evidently I still have much to learn. (Note to self: when firing rounds, Gwyn should be far enough away from target to avoid also taking damage)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 10, 2018, 09:29:06 pm »

((Dangit guys I’m a complete idiot. Sorry if I mess up again and accidentally get your character killed, Lenglon))
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 85