Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78675 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #450 on: November 25, 2018, 01:33:51 am »

Wtf

Flash the paper with elder sign and then dominate the will of beast with eldritch incantation

Try to summon pharaoh back

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 25, 2018, 01:54:30 am »

I only noticed now that there's no location to the teleportation pentacle, non the less, I'm sending my rocket there.
Build the pentacle around the rocket and activate it if possible.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 25, 2018, 03:05:04 am »

Keep unsealing it and move out like said before.

So if I am reading the numbers, I was winning?
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 25, 2018, 04:31:58 am »

"Damn it deer learn something from Bob."
Teach the deer anything, I don't care what just something, then make more teargas grenades.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 25, 2018, 08:05:33 am »

Why,why, WHY is it always explosions?

Check ebay again.

Same test as last time,but use graphite this time instead of aluminium oxide,for demantoids instead of sapphire things. Wear a hard hat for protection,too.
I am a Goober.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 25, 2018, 08:16:43 am »

"Mostly because I need someone specialized in that field. However, it seems you are not quite capable enough. I did say I was capable of paying you. Any other profits, the bonuses if you will, would be based upon the success of such a product."

Message sent. Go about the red tape, power upgrade?

Set about creating a new nanobot.

This one can replicate itself endlessly as well, it's has the shape of a black pillbug, and acts as a data point and relay.

Make sure to put all the usual things in, from the subspace communicator, to the kill-switch. And add it's own Hub Program.

As for what this one does, it measures things such as water content, temperature and radiation, and acts as a telescopic sight due to a nano-crystal acting as a focus/recorder. It's meant to be released on the surface of an atmosphere-less body, and recording information that way through the subspace, all leading into storage on the network.

All in all, a great addition to spacefaring and information research. Though they can also act as somewhat regular cameras if need be.

I should also see about making one that can catch and record sound through a nano-crystal, but that should prove a seperate project later on.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 25, 2018, 12:21:03 pm »

No, the FBI one-shotted the warehouse guard clones.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 25, 2018, 03:14:52 pm »

No, the FBI one-shotted the warehouse guard clones.
Ahh well you might want to make it easier to see who is who.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 25, 2018, 04:01:14 pm »

Check ebay again.

Same test as last time,but use graphite this time instead of aluminium oxide,for demantoids instead of sapphire things. Wear a hard hat for protection,too.

Holic are you sure you don’t want to just come and work for me instead of messing around with this and having to worry about blowing yourself up?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 26, 2018, 09:17:04 am »

Holic are you sure you don’t want to just come and work for me instead of messing around with this and having to worry about blowing yourself up?

It is all intentional you know. I would rather bang bada boom than be someones buttmonkey. Did you not even read my goal?
I am a Goober.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2018, 11:04:32 am »

nobody is gonna claim that you’re a joke if you team up with glass. if anything, he has an aura of success around him most times, meaning that you’re more likely to succeed in your experiments for being near his character. also, co-ordination makes research far easier.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 26, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »

nobody is gonna claim that you’re a joke if you team up with glass. if anything, he has an aura of success around him most times, meaning that you’re more likely to succeed in your experiments for being near his character. also, co-ordination makes research far easier.

The aura of success is, at least partially, Glass's skill bonus to all rolls magic-related. It's handy for preventing critfails and overshoots.

(But mechanically, Glass has no such thing as an "aura of success". The rest of it is just good luck.)

(Also, Dustan, I don't think you've posted.)
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 26, 2018, 01:15:30 pm »

i havent, but thats because I have 3 turns before I can take any meaningful action.
also, his aura of success is in fact real, and i know this from having played multiple RTDs alongside him. it isnt just this game. look up the first undead hunt if you dont believe me.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 26, 2018, 02:01:32 pm »

But mechanically, Glass has no such thing as an "aura of success".
Requesting permission to sig. :3
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:59 pm »

Profesor Oak will create a fire dog (not a pokemon just a normal fire dog) with a bio-emiter (to test them)
Assistant 1 will make so the rattata can evolve into a raticate.
Assistant 2 will study physic powers specifically how to counter them (research into making dark types)

(fire-dog) [1d6 +skill bonus +skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] The fire-dog was designed and created without a hitch. The bio-emitter even allows for a primitive “Flamethrower” move.

(evolve) [1d6 = 4] The assistant sets the Rattata on the path to evolution.

(dark) [1d6 = 2] The only book he’s found on something like that is a disreputable journal from a tabloid.

Y’know what, I think he probably deserves that.

Polar coordinates? I... guess that works? So long as I know what direction θ=0 is that shouldn’t be a problem. I guess send it and the pentacle design to Bastet. They should be able to calculate how to send people to their destination more accurately than I can.

Identify non-Egypt centers of relatively high magic. Are there any trends to it?

Send Bastet the notes that Adderson sent me a while back and ask them if they think they could become psionic.

Also ask them to try simulating the result of my “magic computer” idea.

Make more of the wands of turn undead.

Send out a message to Bonson and Nix to see if they need me to conjure anything for them.

Have my hiree look into what any other scientists may be doing with magic.

You send the relevant information to Bastet.

As far as you can tell, there’s no pattern to the leylines, judging by the paradoxical fact that they are often clumped together. As for human magic usage, it seems to be mostly concentrated into developed cities.

Code: [Select]
I don’t know. Perhaps it requires an organic brain, something which is currently beyond my capabilities. Perhaps not. I have not paid much thought to the matter.

That is an interesting idea. I will have to think at length on the results.

(wands) [1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You cobble together another wand, but nothing substantial.

You send the message to Bonson and Nix.

So far? Not a lot. Perhaps that’s for the best.

Spend approximately 200,000 dollars on new hardware, see if I can get Bastet to help direct me in integrating it into the current systems.

You purchase the new hardware, and Bastet directs you on the proper way to install it.

You also receive a message from Erin, asking you if you need him to conjure anything for you.

Wtf

Flash the paper with elder sign and then dominate the will of beast with eldritch incantation

Try to summon pharaoh back

As you show the paper, the beast stumbles back, wounded…
(1d6 = 5) vs (1d6 = 3)

And yet you too find the glyph repulsive and even damaging…
(1d6 = 5) vs (1d6 = 3)

In a staggering display of your inability to see the world as it is, you attempt to summon the Dark Pharaoh of five thousand years ago …
[1d6 +2(eldritch) = 6+2 = 8] And somehow you do so. There are now two Dark Pharaohs in the pyramid.

Dozens more Hounds of Tindalos arrive, and they aren’t happy with any of you.

“WHAT DID YOU DO-” “YOU ABSOLUTE MORON-” “-WHO ARE YOU-” “YOU’VE ANGERED THE-” “-WHY AM I HERE-” “-COLLECTIVE OF THE HOUNDS-”

And then, in what is quite possibly the worst timing ever, two dozen military cargo planes fly over your head and off into the distance before anyone can react.

I only noticed now that there's no location to the teleportation pentacle, non the less, I'm sending my rocket there.
Build the pentacle around the rocket and activate it if possible.

(building) [1d6 = 6] You build the pentacle, but apparently there was a leyline near your lab, because…

(location) [1d6 = 5] The rocket abruptly teleports ten feet to the left.

You also receive a message from Erin, asking you if you need him to conjure anything for you.

(unsealing) [1d6 +skill bonus(equipment) = 5 skill level 1] Out of fear of being caught, your tunnelers unseal the entrance in record time…

Only to be met by an absolutely gobsmacked team of FBI agents and an explosive breaching charge.

”I, er, um, uh, FBI hands in the air!”

"Damn it deer learn something from Bob."
Teach the deer anything, I don't care what just something, then make more teargas grenades.

The deer still doesn’t seem to care about learning.

[1d6+skill bonus = 2+1 = 3] You try to make grenades, but your hands are too shaky from anger at the deer to really do much.

Check ebay again.

You can’t check Ebay because you’re still being logged out of your account.

(creating silver) [1d6+1 = 2+1 = 3]
(creating bismuth) [1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2]
(creating gold) [1d6+1 = 1+1 = 2]

(backlash) [1d6 +skill bonus = 1+1 = 2] Yet another spherical wave ripples into existence from the chunk of silver, expands to a less dramatic size, and vanishes, leaving nothing behind but another hole in your floor.

Only a tiny demantoid of silver appears, and the bismuth and gold ones don’t appear at all. Maybe you’ve been using the beam too much.

"Mostly because I need someone specialized in that field. However, it seems you are not quite capable enough. I did say I was capable of paying you. Any other profits, the bonuses if you will, would be based upon the success of such a product."

Message sent. Go about the red tape, power upgrade?

Set about creating a new nanobot.

This one can replicate itself endlessly as well, it's has the shape of a black pillbug, and acts as a data point and relay.

Make sure to put all the usual things in, from the subspace communicator, to the kill-switch. And add it's own Hub Program.

As for what this one does, it measures things such as water content, temperature and radiation, and acts as a telescopic sight due to a nano-crystal acting as a focus/recorder. It's meant to be released on the surface of an atmosphere-less body, and recording information that way through the subspace, all leading into storage on the network.

All in all, a great addition to spacefaring and information research. Though they can also act as somewhat regular cameras if need be.

I should also see about making one that can catch and record sound through a nano-crystal, but that should prove a seperate project later on.

Look, I don’t think this idea is going to work. Find another programmer to do your dirty work.

(bureaucracy) [1d6 +skill bonus(machine) = 3+1 = 4] You finally manage to have your electrical power increased at least somewhat.

(pillbot) [1d6+skill bonus +skill bonus(machine) = 5 skill level 2] You create the pillbug-bot, but you haven’t installed any of the measuring equipment yet, focusing instead on the basic features.

But mechanically, Glass has no such thing as an "aura of success".
Requesting permission to sig. :3

Permission granted.

Turn 31 end.
Turn 32 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

Turns until arrival: 3

In this turn: I don’t know what to say anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42