Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 459987 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Homecoming
« Reply #2310 on: June 12, 2020, 08:02:24 pm »

"Can't we just ignore the obvious trap and and move on towards our objective? No? We have to kill everyone? Okay then."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: June 13, 2020, 08:40:43 pm »

Keep moving with group.
Spoiler: TOOT TOOT (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: June 14, 2020, 08:50:35 am »

"Can't we just ignore the obvious trap and and move on towards our objective? No? We have to kill everyone? Okay then."

"While I'm not usually one to just ignore someone in major distress, this does all sound waaaay to fishy for me, so I agree with spiderbot. I think it is best if we don't disturb any of these corpses and just move on carefully, and weld the sector door shut so that if any of these are alive and under control they can't attack us. Now that the jammer is on, any victim that had one of those earpieces to remain controlled should be coming out of it in about an hour or so anyway."

Carefully try to find the way to the next sector, but don't go alone in case shit hits the fan. If that does happen, goop of course, and try to move into a more defensible position where their numbers advantage is mitigated. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2313 on: June 14, 2020, 10:56:18 am »

Carfully search the bodies gun first to shoot them if the spring on me. Try to find cause of death, as well as any valuables. Do they seem to all be actual humans, or could they be clones or otherwise synthetic?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"I'm glad we're not here to clean this shit."
Carefully search the area for loot, and try not to disturb any traps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'Oooh, teeth! Kenneth has been meaning to get himself some of those, but first, Kenneth needs dat loot.'

Kenneth will loot the corpses of everything. Weapons, armor, loose fillings, organs that are still fresh, anything goes! With all that money Kenneth will finally be able to buy that Auditor Body and join the Board of Shareholders and get the paternal validation he deserves from the CEO!

[4,4][1,2,5v6][4]
Ji searches the bodies for a cause of death first, before attempting to loot them. A quick examination reveals that they seem to have been poisoned by a gas of some kind. There are signs of suffocation, internal bleeding, and other less obvious injuries.  From the bodies she loots 2 OMNI cards worth a combined 68 Omni.  Kenneth returns moments after, carrying an Anti-bio razor and looking extremely pleased with himself. Well, as pleased as can be with a face that looks like a few pounds of hamburger meat wrapped in gauze. Billy Bob returns slightly singed and covered in small cuts and bruises.

"I can confirm there are in fact grenade traps around here." He says, rubbing soot and bits of corpse off his face.

I don't recall if anyone managed to get a Sensory Deprivation Suit on Bob or not. How is the screaming and other sensory stimuli affecting Bob? Bob will react accordingly in the following manners:

1) if traumatized, bite something nearby and do a death roll until screaming stops.
2) if annoyed, irritated, nauseated, or otherwise discomfitted, but not freaked-the-everloving-fuck-out, Bob will Tinker with the stimui input systems (speakers, video screens, etc.) until their settings are more comfortable (usually, this means "off," but Bob is flexible)
3) if intrigued, interested, aroused, or enticed, Bob will attempt to increase the stimulus, either through smashing the control panel until the settings are "loud," or by locating the entrance to the screamroom, and entering through it.

If Bob is, on the other hand, stimulus deprived, He'll lurk, like a log in the water. Silent, serene, toothy.

Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Bob's entire anatomy really isn't set up for those suits, so even if place on him, they won't help him. As such, he is suited only in his scaley birthday suit.

Bob's reaction to the screaming over the speakers is...well it can be best described as "Alligator". He notices it, notices it doesn't seem attached to anything, and promptly goes back to nibbling a corpse. He stops after a few bites though, because these bodies taste bad. Blech.

Retroactively don one of the isolation suits before entering the sector.  Set its video feed to the one-image-every-five-seconds view mode that our robots have suffered enjoyed for most of this mission.  Can the riot armor be worn under or over the isolation suit?  If not, what life level does the suit grant?

Also, considering most of us are using earplugs that convert audio into text and then read it back with voice translation... what are we hearing for these screams?  "Screaming.  Screaming.  Screaming."?

...And you know what, start putting a bullet in the head of each body, starting with the least-injured looking ones.  Preferably from some distance, and while not surrounded by corpses.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
(Assume riot suit armor, isolation suit provides no armor. )

The translation of the screaming that everyone is hearing is generally some combination between the text of [Screaming], [Screaming Continues], or occasional  [HELP!], [AHHHH!] or [Groan].

Wilfred wanders around, headshotting corpses just in case. None of them do anything that a corpse shouldn't do. They generally just lay there...decompose...cause existential dread as one contemplates their own mortality and the fleeting existence that is there life, book ended with infinite non-existence on either side....You know. Corpse stuff.

Find a corpse with the stomach exposed, throw the stomach at the metal containment with the screaming, hopefully upon impact it will break, and the hydrochloride acid within will corrode holes through the metal
I have an idea on how to get through
Code: (Sense Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
[4]

Tara finds a human stomach and proceeds to hurl it straight into the metal wall. Unfortunately the stomach is stronger than a water balloon and thus sort of just hits the wall with a wet splat and falls to the ground in a heap.

Keep moving with group.
Spoiler: TOOT TOOT (click to show/hide)

"While I'm not usually one to just ignore someone in major distress, this does all sound waaaay to fishy for me, so I agree with spiderbot. I think it is best if we don't disturb any of these corpses and just move on carefully, and weld the sector door shut so that if any of these are alive and under control they can't attack us. Now that the jammer is on, any victim that had one of those earpieces to remain controlled should be coming out of it in about an hour or so anyway."

Carefully try to find the way to the next sector, but don't go alone in case shit hits the fan. If that does happen, goop of course, and try to move into a more defensible position where their numbers advantage is mitigated. 

The way to the next sector is easily found, though the door has been sealed in quite a big way. Not just welded shut but a fitted metal plate has been bolted onto it to secure it. There are corpses here, but far fewer...this way was probably sealed AFTER whatever happened here happened.

Kenneth, Bob the biter, Wilfred, and Tara all begin to feel ill. They feel nauseous and light headed, as though anemic.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Too early to breathe easy.
« Reply #2314 on: June 14, 2020, 11:51:28 am »

"Oh! Finally! Something begging for a nice big kaboom!"

Apply thermite cutting charge to barrier! Edit: unless somebody wants to try a non-explody method of entry first, of course.

Also, if anyone lets me know of the nausea problems their inferior fleshy bodies are suffering from, see if I can find a terminal with access to the ventilation system or something and fix that.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:56:11 am by Parisbre56 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 14, 2020, 02:30:47 pm »

Kenneth gives a few test swings of his new Biorazor before attempting to slice through the door like one of those Space Samurai Templers from those movies Kenneth watched, Sun Conflits or something.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:33:13 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 14, 2020, 02:41:08 pm »

I feel nauseous and lightheaded
Hwas Head towards the door and try to assist with removing the metal
Edit: Fixing autocorrupt

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:08:12 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2317 on: June 14, 2020, 02:51:22 pm »

Make sick alligator noises. (things like "you know it," *finger guns,* "where's my Monster?" "broooooooo~")

Decline to find a less violent method of opening the bolted door. Bob's a mechanic, not a pacisifist. He's a problem solver, and if thermite can cut through a door, that door is not a problem for Bob to solve.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:53:01 pm by Ozarck »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 15, 2020, 02:15:13 am »

Aid in the opening of the door.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 16, 2020, 02:39:13 am »

Laugh at my inferior biological companions try to find some emergency oxygen masks or something While pointing out that being a robot has already saved my ass three times and counting.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 16, 2020, 06:47:40 am »

Check the air with my scanner to see what is causing that effect on my teammates.

Then, consider whether it seems likely/check if I see any signs that this door has traps on it on the other side in addition to being barricaded (eg. and explosive set so it blows up when we try to cut through the door).
If yes: we blow it up and keep good distance from the 'splosion.
If not: cut it open carefully with the torch and the help of my teammates.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 16, 2020, 11:17:49 pm »

"Ohhh, no, no no no.  I feel sick, fucking isolation suit isn't good enough for this place.  Shit.  Fuck Derp, fuck this, my brain better not be too fucked up to revive, or I'm gonna find Derp and I'm gonna eat his soul.  As a necromancer ghost."

Hang around the people breaking into the next sector.  As soon as an entrance is made, shoot through and start advancing inward, adjusting fire to target anything on the other side.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 17, 2020, 10:21:45 am »

You didn't confirm last turn, but I've got the isolation suit on, right?

Follow along with Yagyu. Check the corpses while he checks the door.
Don't loot the corpses unless I'mreasonably sure they're not booby trapped in some way

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2323 on: June 17, 2020, 01:28:11 pm »

"Ohhh, no, no no no.  I feel sick, fucking isolation suit isn't good enough for this place.  Shit.  Fuck Derp, fuck this, my brain better not be too fucked up to revive, or I'm gonna find Derp and I'm gonna eat his soul.  As a necromancer ghost."

Hang around the people breaking into the next sector.  As soon as an entrance is made, shoot through and start advancing inward, adjusting fire to target anything on the other side.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
Aid in the opening of the door.

Check the air with my scanner to see what is causing that effect on my teammates.

Then, consider whether it seems likely/check if I see any signs that this door has traps on it on the other side in addition to being barricaded (eg. and explosive set so it blows up when we try to cut through the door).
If yes: we blow it up and keep good distance from the 'splosion.
If not: cut it open carefully with the torch and the help of my teammates.

Yagyu's scanner picks up a biotoxic chemical agent that has no listed name. Analysis shows it to be fatal to normal humans if inhaled at specific concentrations over time. The concentration in the air here is relatively small so the effects will take a while to really kick in hard, but would be fatal over time. 

[3] Yagyu considers the situation with that door. He decides that the likelihood of it being trapped in the sort of "Explode when opened" way that he's worried about is...minimal enough. So he begins cutting. The plate is thick and resistant to heat so the process is quite slow. Its going to take at least 15 or so minutes to cut the plate and then another minute or two to cut the door, maybe another minute to pry it open. A good 20 or so minutes total. Billy bob offers some aid, prying at the newly cut areas and wrenching the gap open a bit more at a time. It will save a few minutes.

I feel nauseous and lightheaded
Hwas Head towards the door and try to assist with removing the metal
Edit: Fixing autocorrupt

[1]
Tara attempts to help pry the door along with Billybob but ends up getting in the way more than helping.

Kenneth gives a few test swings of his new Biorazor before attempting to slice through the door like one of those Space Samurai Templers from those movies Kenneth watched, Sun Conflits or something.

The Anti-bio razor clangs off the solid metal of the door despite Kenneth's best swing. Almost as though its a weapon designed for killing organic targets not a lightsaber Royalty free laser sword.

You didn't confirm last turn, but I've got the isolation suit on, right?

Follow along with Yagyu. Check the corpses while he checks the door.
Don't loot the corpses unless I'mreasonably sure they're not booby trapped in some way

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

(you do)
[1][4]
Richter discovers a grenade trapped corpse. Instead of leaving it alone, he instead just takes the grenade. Sure the pin is pulled and he has to hold the lever to prevent it from arming and then detonating, but whatever. Free grenade!

Laugh at my inferior biological companions try to find some emergency oxygen masks or something While pointing out that being a robot has already saved my ass three times and counting.
[6]
Ji returns to where the door is being cut open rolling a whole rack of industrial oxygen tanks. She dumps them near the door and shouts something about "Filthy flesh beings helping themselves to their precious oxygen" before proceeding to loudly tell them about how great it is to be a cyborg.

Make sick alligator noises. (things like "you know it," *finger guns,* "where's my Monster?" "broooooooo~")

Decline to find a less violent method of opening the bolted door. Bob's a mechanic, not a pacisifist. He's a problem solver, and if thermite can cut through a door, that door is not a problem for Bob to solve.

"Oh! Finally! Something begging for a nice big kaboom!"

Apply thermite cutting charge to barrier! Edit: unless somebody wants to try a non-explody method of entry first, of course.

Also, if anyone lets me know of the nausea problems their inferior fleshy bodies are suffering from, see if I can find a terminal with access to the ventilation system or something and fix that.

Pathos decides...not to try to cut the door.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 04:53:31 pm by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: 4th of July came early
« Reply #2324 on: June 17, 2020, 02:01:04 pm »

((Welp, that happened :v))

"Fuuuuuck!"

Fuuuuuck. Check if there are any more tanks waiting to explode or that could otherwise pose a threat. If not and the coast seems clear, go spray some goop on Tara so that hopefully she at least won't bleed out.

Then, if no immediate threats are forthcoming from the hall that just opened, grab the stuff of the people that died (so we can give it back to them where applicable).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 02:43:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 334