Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111706 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #870 on: January 03, 2020, 11:13:33 am »

First, there's an earlier action that we didn't try that I think we should:
Order body to take on a form which could maneuver the ventilation ducts.

...Hey, we don't know that we're not a fleshhorror, worth a try right :v
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 03, 2020, 11:28:52 am »

+1
Mayhsps this is because we can’t?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 03, 2020, 12:39:40 pm »

+1
Mayhsps this is because we can’t?

We didn't try it because it didn't get enough votes, not because we're unable to.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2020, 01:55:21 am »

+1
+1 I don't see why we can't try to do this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #874 on: January 07, 2020, 10:53:01 am »

+1
+1 I don't see why we can't try to do this.
You command your body in this way and brace yourself for something strange. Only after this do you realize that transforming into a fleshhorror like that would likely ruin your clothing and make your life harder...Luckily it doesn't happen. You squish yourself down and lay on the ground, but thats it. You don't transform, you don't change, your body merely tries its best to get into the right position.  Its a lot like when you told the rat to fly and it just kept jumping instead of growing wings.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 08, 2020, 05:26:56 am »

Well it didn't hurt to try, I guess we go with the plan we had earlier.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #876 on: January 08, 2020, 07:49:52 pm »

Hmm... We need a way to open the grate. We could go either quietly or quickly. For quietly we'd need some sort of tool. For quickly, we can use the gun we have or something to bash it with. Alternatively we can just animate it and order it to get out of our way but that costs a lot of mana.

Is there any hint of a storm coming? A storm might make our rats less effective but it would help make us stealthier.

Is there any tool we could use to quietly open the grate? If yes, try to either buy such a tool or have birdwise steal one that is unattended if buying one would draw attention.

Based on our previous experiments with golems, can we gauge if we have the mana necessary to animate the grate long enough for us to order it to open on its own?

We should have dark clothes on for better camouflage and a second outfit stashed nearby so we can wear it if our first outfit becomes too recognizable.

Perhaps a nice backpack to put stuff in and some notepad to copy things to would be useful?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 09, 2020, 08:49:03 am »

Hmm... We need a way to open the grate. We could go either quietly or quickly. For quietly we'd need some sort of tool. For quickly, we can use the gun we have or something to bash it with. Alternatively we can just animate it and order it to get out of our way but that costs a lot of mana.

Is there any hint of a storm coming? A storm might make our rats less effective but it would help make us stealthier.

Is there any tool we could use to quietly open the grate? If yes, try to either buy such a tool or have birdwise steal one that is unattended if buying one would draw attention.

Based on our previous experiments with golems, can we gauge if we have the mana necessary to animate the grate long enough for us to order it to open on its own?

We should have dark clothes on for better camouflage and a second outfit stashed nearby so we can wear it if our first outfit becomes too recognizable.

Perhaps a nice backpack to put stuff in and some notepad to copy things to would be useful?

+1 But I don't think we should go into a storm drain during a storm, because the water going through it could make it impossible to get through and could cause us to get injured or damage out stuff.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 09, 2020, 05:59:38 pm »

+1

What should our 'wises do during infiltration?

But I don't think we should go into a storm drain during a storm, because the water going through it could make it impossible to get through and could cause us to get injured or damage out stuff.

Not to mention an encounter with Pennywise the Clown.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 10, 2020, 05:20:57 am »

I think we should leave most of them at the inn, and take a few of the rats with us to use as scouts.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 10, 2020, 10:15:02 am »

I think we should leave most of them at the inn, and take a few of the rats with us to use as scouts.
The phantoms need to come with, otherwise they will start killing townsfolk,

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 11, 2020, 03:40:10 am »

The phantoms need to come with, otherwise they will start killing townsfolk,
I'm sure the people in the town will be fine, they can handle a few people being eaten.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #882 on: January 11, 2020, 04:56:51 am »

If we could cut them loose to hide their ties with us, they could serve as a great distraction, though I don't know if Esme would approve.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 11, 2020, 04:58:15 am »

If we could cut them loose to hide their ties with us, they could serve as a great distraction, though I don't know if Esme would approve.
If they leave, we won't be able to find these phantoms again

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 11, 2020, 12:18:50 pm »

That reminds me, we should find some way to send a wisebird with a message to Esme about what we're doing, and tell it to return if she attaches a reply. Also we should ask her if anyone we know back there has attracted government suspicion. Also instruct the wisebird to scram if it seems any signs of government suspicion/monitoring of Esme and company.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 94