Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112304 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1380 on: July 11, 2020, 06:07:28 pm »

Nature, did you read my post?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 11, 2020, 10:28:34 pm »

Nature, did you read my post?
When I posted, I skimmed it first. I read it now and I support the idea. I won’t skim again. Sorry.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 12, 2020, 03:48:08 am »

+1 to Egan's idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1383 on: July 14, 2020, 09:55:54 am »

Hmm. If we were still alone, I'd make a single puppet and have it look through the lens at us, and then ask it to indicate yes/no if we look any different through it than a human, discounting the visible tether. Probably not a good idea to do that test right this second.
Casually, try not to walk past the viewing side of the lens while he's here. We're not sure if we look weird to close inspection.

Hey, while we're boldtexting, try to think of ways to murder important people using only this body while making the death look like an accident. We could also discard this body and steal theirs, so long as we make this body's death look like an accident.
Also also, estimate how long we have in this body before decay will become obvious.

You tell the man you're off duty, just coming up here because you're bored. He finishes digging a cigarette out of the pack and lights it as he talks to you. He seems to believe you, as far as the explanation of why you're there goes, but also tells you in no uncertain terms that ya shouldn't be up here. If his boss found you here, he'd kick both of your asses and report you to the warden, etc. You apologize in a half hearted "Yeah yeah" sort of fashion and head back down and into the unrestricted areas.

You check yourself over in the bathroom, waiting for it to be empty and then looking yourself over in the mirror. No breathing, no heart beat, cold flesh, but in terms of what can be easily seen, so far you're just pale. No obvious smell, no bloating, no rot, no flies, no rigor, you just look kind of sick, what with the pale and oddly dry looking skin. At this rate you're not really sure when it will become obvious you're a corpse...maybe never? It didn't happen to your other body so maybe it won't happen here? You'll keep an eye on it.

You return to your bed and pretend to be asleep while thinking. You consider the best course of action for killing another man and taking his place while also making this guy's death look accidental. The thing you come up with, and you think its a pretty good idea, is to make it look as though this body was killed by a prisoner in the jail, and that the new body found it. Its not an accident in the classical sense but it wouldn't be out of place as a cause of death in a prison. It would be difficult to wrangle your "killer" and the "Witness" together, but if you could do it then you'd have the perfect explanation of the corpse, a fall guy for them to focus on, and access to the new body.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 15, 2020, 07:14:42 am »

It might be hard to get a prisoner to "kill" us and another guard so we can take him over, it seems like to risky of a move to try.

Also can we make the heart beat if we tell it to?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 15, 2020, 05:47:08 pm »

We don't need to actually have the prisoner kill us, we just have to pin it on them. If the only surviving witnesses are the prisoner and us (in the body of someone high-ranking), then they're going to believe whatever we said happened.
Though it might be best not to do anything super-weird in front of the fallguy, and we'll probably want to select someone powerful to body-steal, like the warden or something.

Well, let's plan on killing and impersonating the warden, then. Search our memories for a good person to frame for the murder of this body. If we don't know of anyone in particular, maybe quietly ask around for information and rumors about prisoners.

(Thinking of taking the warden's body both because they'll have access to everything and lots of information, and also because their death should harm this place a good deal...)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 16, 2020, 03:42:30 am »

How are going to do this if there are cameras, and do we even know were we could get the warden in a place where he could get attacked by a prisoner?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1387 on: July 16, 2020, 04:27:19 pm »

That sounds like a good idea. It would give us a lot of info and a lot of power. Though it would probably attract a lot of attention once it's time to leave, since we'll have to leave a corpse behind. Plus it would probably be hard to get ourselves alone with the warden.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 16, 2020, 04:52:40 pm »

Eh, write a convincing suicide note using the memories absorbed and then jump off the roof. Two or three deaths in a short period is anomalous, sure, but not entirely unexpected in a place like this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 17, 2020, 03:22:57 am »

I mean if we can find a way to do this I say we go for it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1390 on: July 17, 2020, 08:35:14 am »

We don't need to actually have the prisoner kill us, we just have to pin it on them. If the only surviving witnesses are the prisoner and us (in the body of someone high-ranking), then they're going to believe whatever we said happened.
Though it might be best not to do anything super-weird in front of the fallguy, and we'll probably want to select someone powerful to body-steal, like the warden or something.

Well, let's plan on killing and impersonating the warden, then. Search our memories for a good person to frame for the murder of this body. If we don't know of anyone in particular, maybe quietly ask around for information and rumors about prisoners.

(Thinking of taking the warden's body both because they'll have access to everything and lots of information, and also because their death should harm this place a good deal...)

no +1s but we'll think on this for the moment.

Going by the memories you have access to...the best idea would be to frame one of the high value prisoners they keep up in the main building. There are only two in there right now, and those cells are isolated and not directly watched in the same way the normal cells are. They have steel doors instead of the barred doors the other cells have, so the prisoners can't see out if the doors are closed, and the whole section is closed off. If you could get the warden in there, it should be easy enough to kill him, and then frame one of the two prisoners.  The key would be getting him, and only him, in there with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 18, 2020, 06:31:54 am »

Do we have or know where keys to this area and the doors within are, as that will be the first step in this plan is getting keys, then figuring out how to get the warden in there.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1392 on: July 18, 2020, 07:18:08 am »

We don't really need to get the warden in there though, do we? All we need to do is get our current body in there. We can just puppet it there and use the Warden to give it the authority to be there. And with the Warden's knowledge we'll also know when the Anima lens is operated, so we know when we can use our puppets So our biggest issue would be to find a way to kill the warden quickly and without anybody noticing us.

Do we know where the Warden (or perhaps the highest ranking officer of the night shift) sleep? Do we know if he has any windows or any other ways to enter his room (chimney, vents, etc.)? And do we have any leftover poison we can use for a second poisoning? Or something else that could be used by a relatively small creature (e.g. raccoon) to quietly kill someone? Like a scalpel or something poisonous? Do we know if the warden have any habits that would render him susceptible to poisoning, e.g. drinking a glass of alcohol before bed?

I'm thinking, we pretend to go to sleep, we telerot to the bird, we scout the rooms to find our target, we telerot to the snake, we slither out to a window, we telerot to the bird, have the bird pickup the snake and bring it back to the forest to supply it with the rest of the poison, then we fly it back to the target's room. Hmm. Then again it's winter so a window being open is not as likely. Maybe a chimney? I bet officers have fireplaces in their rooms.

Also, now that I think about we don't have to leave the body in a pristine condition. A stab wound through the heart could be bandaged and concealed beneath clothing. We just have to be careful to leave the face unharmed (or no more harmed than something that can be justified as "I cut myself shaving"). Maybe that raccoon could come in handy, what with the ability to wield tools. Maybe we can fly it up to a window, have it quietly open the window and then get in and... I dunno, inject the Warden with some dangerous detergent or something. Or cut an important artery, supposedly one falls unconscious almost immediately and dies within a minute or so of these arteries being severed and we can target one that can be covered by clothes (e.g. the legs). Or just stab him through the heart.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 18, 2020, 07:43:31 am »

+1 To all that and it has the added bonus of us not having to release dangerous criminals.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 18, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »

We're a dangerous criminal. :p
If birb can retrieve a good knife, then raccoon body can wield it and do a perfect order-stab through the heart, I think.
We should try to limit how many telerots we do. They do use mana, and I think if we run all the way out we're, heh, boned.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94