Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 193566 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 7: Bouncing Blob Bonanza
« Reply #4440 on: November 04, 2021, 05:44:45 pm »

Megara shrugged, circling Keith right back, not betraying one for him to take advantage of.
"Freya promised me heads to bust. She delivered. Nothing personal. I'm a war goddess, you're a warrior. It's what we're about. None of this "small people" shit. It's about the fight for both of us. If you mortals can kick ass, you're good in my book. If you can't, I don't have time for you."

Megara cracks her knuckles.
"But, well, trying to stop Freya, Gaia and Pyra when they want something? I ain't got the strength to fight three of my own sisters like that. Not after what they did to Discordia when she tried. Or Borea. Maybe if Rhea hadn't moved out. So I just mind my own business. Bide my time. Bust heads when I'm asked. Pay attention to the few of you guys worth my time."

She grins.
"Here's hoping to some real shakeups up here. You, that Rio chick, Orobas, that Oni in Ishim....ain't seen the like for a long time."

Dani manages to catch Freya off guard with a blast of power. When the frosty wind dissipates, however, Freya remains standing, a hateful glare in her eyes.

"You WORM. Bow to me!"
Quote from: Dani vs. Freya
(Rhea's Cradle of Jade activates! Freya's Lull of Complacency and Song of Peace, and Megara's Roar of Dominion do not activate!)
(Momo's Discombobulate is active!)
(Jarvis' Charisma activates!)
(Megara's Daunt activates!)
(Mammon's Daunt activates!)
(Jarvis' Shield Wall activates!)
(Serena's Divine Dragon's Protection activates!)
(Serena's Serene Waters activates!)
(Freya's the lean and hungry type!)
(Freya's a beast at heart!)
(Megara's Ball Breaker's effect activates! +15 Crit)
(Dani moves at galeforce speeds!)
(Dani rocks you like a hurricane!)
(Dani huffs and puffs!)

Dani initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
(Flare check: 24, pass!)
Freya takes 38 damage!

(Freya's world will be ripped apart...)

Freya retaliates!
Hit Rate: 24 to hit
Hit: 7, hit!
Critical: 2, crit!
Dani takes 39 damage!

Dani is downed!
Dani follows Shoes and Yliss to the ground, dazzled by blasts of light.

Jade tries to take advantage of the distraction with her stiletto, only for Freya to avoid the strike and slam a burst of light magic into Jade's face.
Quote from: Jade vs. Freya
(Rhea's Cradle of Jade activates! Freya's Lull of Complacency and Song of Peace, and Megara's Roar of Dominion do not activate!)
(Jade's Daunt activates!)
(Jade is the Emerald Scar!)

Jade initiates!
Hit Rate: 83 to hit
Hit: 94, miss!

Freya retaliates!
Hit Rate: 41 to hit
Hit: 37, hit!
Jade takes 21 damage!

Marcia, having set herself ablaze, charges Freya.

Freya, in disbelief, just stares at her.
"....are you quite mad? You won't even last two seconds setting yourself ablaze."

Marcia's swipe barely nicks Freya's skin, setting her clothes on fire instead. The Goddess Dragon screeches, her thin, willowy hand possessing surprising strength and throwing Marcia back.
"My dress, you wretch! I'll destroy you! Burn in everlasting light!"

Two blasts of light smash into Marcia, each holding enough power to down any one of Marcia's companions.....
Quote from: Marcia vs. Freya
(Marcia is on fire...)
(Marcia is protected by a veil of fire!)
(Jarvis' Support activates!)

Marcia initiates!
Hit Rate: 74 to hit
Hit: 51, hit!
Freya takes no damage!
(Freya is set on fire!)

Freya retaliates!
Critical: 10, crit!
(Great Shield check: 16, pass!)
Marcia blocks Freya's attack!

Freya strikes twice!
Critical: 15, crit!
(Great Shield check: 6, pass!)
Marcia blocks Freya's attack!
....and when the light fades, and the dazzling ends, Marcia stands, axe in hand, undisturbed.

"....impossible. How....?"
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Info (click to show/hide)
XP: 95/100
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:10:06 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: November 04, 2021, 06:09:31 pm »

"HAH! That's what MPMH get for underestimating us, you arrogant MPMHMPH!"
"Keep the pressure MPMH, this time she WILL go down."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: November 04, 2021, 06:13:17 pm »

"....impossible. How....?"

"Because... we're... fucking metal... bitch..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: November 04, 2021, 06:34:53 pm »

"Ain't got the strength, huh? Guess we all have our own Everests to conquer. But me? I'd hate it if there wasn't someone who could give me a good fight."

Keith rolled his shoulder.

"Just saying. Any time in the future you get bored with your Goddess stuff, you can come find me and I'll be happy to fight you. Well, assuming you don't go down with those three sisters of yours that caused the whole mess we're cleaning up right now."

He turned at the blasts of holy energy and saw Marcia take both of them directly to the face without flinching.

"Holy shit."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: November 04, 2021, 08:16:24 pm »

Marcia waves off the remarks.
"Stop gawking."
"That was nothing special. Your attack was just too weak."
"I'll admit, I was never the pious sort; a servant's loyalties should never be divided."
"But I would be lying if I said meeting Serena was not a disappointment. 'Could this really be a goddess?' I thought; someone so feeble, so uncharismatic, so fallible."
"And then I met you."
"Of all the beasts and scoundrels I've had the misfortune of meeting. I have never encountered someone so pompous, so arrogant, so utterly deluded."
"So you are stronger than a mortal, heaven knows you've had the time. And I have little doubt that you could duel any adventurer and come out victorious, but this is not a duel, this is not a tournament. There are no rules, no convenient niceties. This is not one on one and your power is far from overwhelming. You should know that by now."
"Serena recognized this. She gathered allies, little people. She compensated for her weakness. You did not. You have not."
"And you have the gall to stand before us demanding our surrender as if somehow things will be different this time, as if somehow we would all be seized by spontaneous lunacy and kneel."
"Spare me this talk of everlasting light. You were better off hiding in the shadows."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:18:01 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: November 07, 2021, 12:09:42 pm »

42 took advantage of everyone else making big speeches to quietly power up in the background.

Test Subject 42-1 uses his Master Seal to promote to Steward!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: November 08, 2021, 11:27:07 pm »

Asuna drew her super special anime sword and, giving it a supposedly lazy twirl through the air (really, just being theatrical), took the opportunity to give her own bigass speech.

Because... well, come on, she was still a Revivian, despite everything.
:"I'm not quite smart enough to keep track of every piece of the politics, here..."
:"But you know what I'm not too stupid for? Math. You've got like, what, one or two Demon Lords? We've got the rest. You've got three gods, we've got three, maybe four - and one of yours is barely even with you. And, like, things aren't looking good for you as is with that math, right?"
:"But then there's us, and then that just tips the odds entirely! All of these divine beings keep dismissing us, and then we keep handing them their asses before... well, usually befriending them, actually, but I sort of doubt you'll get that."
:"And, yeah, maybe a few of us get our asses kicked a little (maybe even me), but how many times has that stopped us? Zero. How many times has getting your ass kicked stopped you? More than zero. And now it's gonna be more than one. The math still just doesn't work."

:"...besides, it's also just clear as day that you're an awful bitch. Image-obsessed, but a sadistic cunt to everybody who you think is below your sight, and a merciless bully to anyone you can get away with calling a failure. Even if they're a lot better at their job than you are at yours, you sad excuse for a goddess. Ugh. Serena... I know I apologized before, but honestly. For the way I acted before... you're somebody who doesn't deserve the treatment, and this bitch here does. So let's do it."

Asuna made to move at Freya, taking up her standard stance at first, but then changing her mind - well, hell, Freya wasn't just a Goddess, right? These were all Goddess Dragons. She might not be as big as those monsters up around that wiggler-village... but she was probably about as tough. And, well, Asuna wanted to make an attack as momentous as this with one of the first attacks she'd practiced with her own effort, rather than just having it granted to her by her wish, if she could. Grasping Lambent Light with both hands, Asuna made an overhead slash at Freya as if using a monster hunting long sword - and then completed the second half of the lunge and slashing arc suddenly much faster than before, taking advantage of her speed and the fact that she was not, in fact, using a big fuckoff monster-hunting sword to be nearly on Freya in an instant.

Asuna uses Lambent Light on Freya!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: November 09, 2021, 09:00:29 pm »

42-1, having seen Asuna do it earlier, decides to take one of the Master Seals and carefully pin it across his lapel.

Well, he certainly feels a little different.
Quote from: 42-1
42-1 uses a Master Seal!
42-1 promotes to Steward!

Freya clenches her fists.
"....you...you're just MORTALS. How dare you?! Small people can't...you...."
The Goddess Dragon, clearly, is rather caught off guard.

Enough so that Asuna actually lands a blow...
Quote from: Asuna vs. Freya
(Asuna is the Lightning Flash!)

Asuna initiates!
Hit Rate: 89 to hit
Hit: 1, hit!
Critical: 4, crit!
Freya takes 42 damage!

Freya is defeated!
....and draws blood from the Goddess Dragon, causing her to recoil, screaming. The cut isn't large, of course, but to such a character as Freya, the wound to her ego is massive.
"No! Tch....a holy weapon?! The Adventuring Gods.....I'll make you pay. I'll make all of you pay!"
She glares, hatefully, at Asuna, then at Serena, before disappearing in a flash of light, abandoning Megara to her fate while she seems to be occupied handling Milly and Rhea.
Quote from: Serena
Serena revives Shoes!
Shoes regains 16 HP!

Quote from: Marta
Marta uses a Vulnerary on Yliss!
Yliss regains 5 HP!

Quote from: Milly vs. Megara
(Rhea's Cradle of Jade activates! Megara's Roar of Dominion does not activate!)
(Megara's Domain of Thunder activates!)
(You should run away if you see Megara!)
(Megara's script is to the letter!)
(Megara will write your final verse!)
(Milly hears the bell of a beginning!)
(Milly's magic might save someone!)

Milly initiates!
Hit Rate: 76 to hit
Hit: 12, hit!
Critical: 18, crit!
(Luna check: 19, pass!)
Megara takes 78 damage!
(Megara's Life Point activates!)

Megara retaliates!
Hit Rate: 32 to hit
Hit: 63, miss!

Megara strikes twice!
Hit Rate: 32 to hit
Hit: 93, miss!
Milly covers her allies trying to pick everyone else up, Megara too engrossed in the fight to notice she'd been abandoned. She wipes her mouth, shaking her head.

"So, that's the power of a Demon General, huh? Damn. Respect. You made me feel that. Just gotta take you more seriously."

Milly barely avoids the lightning-charged one-two punches in return, the air smelling of ozone. She's clearly fatigued.
Quote from: Rosencrantz
Rosencrantz uses a Vulnerary on Dani!
Dani regains 5 HP!

~~Ally Phase~~
"I believe, sister, it is time for you to return home."
Quote from: Rhea vs. Megara
(Rhea's Cradle of Jade activates! Megara's Roar of Dominion does not activate!)
(Rhea's Awareness activates!)
(Rhea knows true strength!)
(Rhea will fight on even if she loses all she has...)
(Rhea's promise still remains!)

Rhea initiates!
Hit Rate: 75 to hit
Hit: 62, hit!
Critical: 4, crit!
Megara takes 57 damage!
The flat of Rhea's spear connects with the back of Megara's head while she's distracted, knocking her out of her battle-induced fugue. She shakes her head, looking around.
"Damn, hit me from the back, you....wait, where's Freya?"
She pauses.
"....damn. She ditched me. Well."
Megara stares at Asuna, still standing there with some of her sister's blood on her sword.
"....you. I'm fighting you sometime. You seem pretty strong. Well, I gotta go. Been fun fighting, but uh....well."
She points a thumb at the skies.
"Maybe when this is all over, I'll get to test you myself without all this....crap-"
Before Megara can continue, she too disappears in a flash of light. You presume Freya has teleported her back up. Mammon angrily sheathes his sword, shaking with rage.
"Once again, the Goddesses escape justice. How typical."

The fight behind you meanwhile, ends at roughly the same time, with Beelzebub regurgitating Pyra in a pile of pink slime.
"Disgusting! Filthy! How dare you eat me, you stupid demon?!"
"fire goddess taste like shit, yis"
"You....when Freya and I are done....we'll be back, and we won't have any mercy!"

She too teleports away as Rena's flail comes swinging at the spot she was a moment before. The Revivian maid looks vaguely disappointed.
"....do Goddesses ever shut up?"

Kazuto runs over to Team F.
"You guys okay? That was....surprisingly easy."

The fight is over. Serena, it seems, is now standing over by the ashes of the demons Pyra burned away, looking down at the remains. The other demons remaining stare at Serena with trepidation and fear. You can understand why, after seeing the disgusting ease with which the Goddesses wiped them away.

~~~~Battle Complete!~~~~
XP: 95/100
Level ups will be administered soon.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: November 09, 2021, 09:10:47 pm »

"MMHPM coward. As always, massive ego MPMH can't fight for MPMH."
Jarvis removed his helmet and gave a groan of frustration.
"This MPMH is beyond frustrating. She talks MPHM then escapes yet again...we really need to MPMH a way to prevent her from doing that."
His moment of frustration however stopped the moment he noticed what Serena was focused on, which reminded him what made him so darn angry in the first place. Jarvis carefully moved closer and stared at Serena.
"...Is it  possible for you MPMH bring them back? I MPMH sorry if this question sounds MPMH, I just don't know how far you can go with your revival magic..."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: November 09, 2021, 09:11:45 pm »

"....do Goddesses ever shut up?"
"No, no they do not."
"We really do need to do something about all this teleportation, it is becoming quite the nuisance."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: November 09, 2021, 10:00:49 pm »

Despite herself, Asuna just stared at the blood glinting on her sword for a few seconds, with her eyebrows raised quite high (and she had quite a lot of forehead on one side of her head, so there was room for that).
:"Hot damn."
:"I guess that's going to be an ego booster. Wow, is that what one of these things can do...? And what I can do. Bitch. Heh."
:"We're making them bleed, now. Wow. I guess these crazy goddesses better start watching their asses whenever they show themselves again."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: November 10, 2021, 02:06:22 am »

Keith spit on the ground Freya had been standing on.

"Cowards. They should have had the decency to finish the fight instead of running away. Hey, Ito, can I see that sword for a second? I'm curious about something."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: November 10, 2021, 02:09:40 am »

Asuna blinked and turned to Keith.
:"Eh? Yeah, sure, Keith, go ahead. I wonder what's got you curious, though."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: November 10, 2021, 02:13:36 am »

Keith took it.

"Thanks. I just wanted to see if this would do anything weird to a vampire."

And with that he held a hand over the blood on the sword. It swirled up from the blade and then into his mouth, and he took a few seconds to swish it around like he was at a wine tasting before swallowing it. He flipped the blade in his hand, holding the hilt toward Asuna as he thought.

"Hmm, weird flavor. Doesn't taste like the magic blood I normally drink or the blood I've been knocking out of our enemies."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: November 10, 2021, 03:15:43 am »

:"Holy shit. That's just a tiny bit horrifying. I dunno, I guess I never thought about the logistics of that before."
"Honestly super intriguing in this case though."

(Also, she took back her sword.)
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 328