Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 193554 times)

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 8: The Obligatory Beach Episode
« Reply #4575 on: December 17, 2021, 11:53:23 pm »

"Good conversation starters? I doubt too many people would constant tales of fighting werewolves all too interesting after the first one." Jade was hesitant to take off her cloak. She hadn't done so in public for a long time but this heat is almost forcing her to at this rate. Giving in she found an unoccupied beach chair and unclipped her cloak before locking it to the chair to prevent it from getting away. She also left her very worn & dirty boots by said chair as well. Getting close to the water's edge and taking her first steps in visible shivers ran up the woman's spine.

"C-cold! Jeeze... I didn't think the ocean would be this freezing. Though, I suppose it does its job of fighting the heat here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: December 18, 2021, 01:08:59 am »

Keith walked forward slowly, letting the cheers and the applause wash over him. God, it felt good to be back in the saddle, so to speak. He reached out and slapped hands with a few fans, stopping once he reached the ring. He grabbed the top rope and stepped up to the apron, but paused before getting in and motioned for quiet with his hands. There was always a little bit of time to cut a promo - and why not talk the guy up a little? It was his duty as an old vet to put a shine on the new generation.

"Midori Mask, I've heard some good things about you. You're tough as nails, and you've retained your title against all comers - hell, you just left a fellow Texan flat on his back. That's pretty impressive stuff, Mr. Intercontinental Champion."

Keith vaulted over the top rope, flaring his coat back as he landed for dramatic purposes. Never let it be said the Wolfhound didn't know how to work a crowd.

"But that means I've got a countryman to avenge, and you've never faced an opponent like me. I'm bigger than anyone you've fought, I'm stronger, I'm faster, more experienced. I'm a Junior Golden Gloves boxer and I trained in the harshest dojos of Japan."

As he spoke, he took a vulnerary from his coat and tossed it to the Mask.

"I've fought barons, demons, and all sorts... but I haven't fought you. Get your strength back with that, and then give me your best. Let's give these folks a show to remember."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: December 18, 2021, 03:59:17 am »

Shoes, meanwhile, was at N3, glaring at the ocean as if it'd offended her. Or perhaps that was just what her face looked like.

". . ."
A cold breeze blows across Shoes's body as Dan steps in to the scene, still dressed in her full regalia, and with a wide and frilly purple and white umbrella held aloft to ward off the heat and sunlight.
: "Not a fan of the beach either huh?"
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: December 18, 2021, 08:26:42 am »

Midori Mask catches the vulnerary, nodding at Keith with respect.
"....I've heard all about you too, Wolfhound. You're a hard man. You've got real achievements under your belt. You've fought demons, you've fought some of the best fighters the world has ever seen, you've fought everything the world can throw at you. You're a strong guy. I'm not sure I can beat you. You're right. You're bigger than anyone else I've fought before."

He approaches Keith, squaring up.

"But that just means I'll have to fight as hard as I can. To give these good people a show, and to give you the fight of your life."

Suddenly, a familiar voice speaks up from the door.
"If ANY MAN thinks they'll best Keith Piper before I will, then I will gladly show them just how mistaken they are."

[Now Playing: Theme of Orobas ~Pledge of Demon~]

Orobas approaches the ring, wearing a tattered old cape, carrying the same mace Orobas did the previous time they'd met, a pair of ornate-looking knuckle dusters on his hands. Muttered whispers follow him in, recognising him from their televised match in Ishim.

"Nobody, not the Demon Lord, not some half-assed Revivian waving around two swords and calling himself Kirito, whoever the hell that is, not some wannabe headless knight with a grudge, not some cruiserweight goblin in a gaudy mask! NOBODY will defeat Keith Piper before I do. I have made that my sole mission. My ambition. As long as I still got breath in in me, I'm going to keep comin'. And I hope you're ready, Piper, because I'm not going to lose to a half-ass who'll run away from a fight!"

The booker runs up ringside, as Midori Mask crouches to whisper to him, clearly mouthing "who the hell is this guy?". The booker just shrugs, whispers something back. Midori Mask's eyes widen, before he looks between Keith and Orobas, and hastily climbs out under the top rope. Orobas eyes him as he leaves, before turning to Keith, dropping the mace to the floor.

"I've fought you in Begnin, in Bastapa and in Midgardia. Each time I've fought you, I've remembered a little more of who the old demon once was. Rebuilt my clan. Licked my wounds. I've learned that only one thing matters. One. Thing."

He points at Keith, squaring up to him as he approaches. Keith towered over Midori Mask, true, but Orobas towered over him.

"The loser is the one who gives up. I haven't. Lost. Yet. Have you?"

~Patriarch of Clan Rhadamanthea~
Orobas Centimani Rhadmanthea
~Unbowed Lord of Tenacity~

Milly seems to be intently studying the goods of a shop tent before noticing Jarvis. She looks at him, before briefly jumping, her cheeks turning red.
"J-Jarvis! I...um...I didn't expect to see you over here. O-or....for you to be so.....well-built. I...um, was just looking up supplies. S-since....we'll be heading to the frontline soon, right?"

Leviathan quietly nods.
"I know all that. Which is....why I'm here."
"....all these years...pointless."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: December 18, 2021, 09:24:04 am »

"You know, I honestly figured you would have been here first waiting for me. When you weren't, I thought maybe I'd have a chance to fight someone new."

"Screw it, let's make the match a double feature. I'll just beat the hell out of you for the... seventh time now, is it? Dukes up, Big Red. Let's go."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: December 18, 2021, 10:05:10 am »

Momo... for fuck's sake, your jokes aren't funny.

"... Once again I tried to be funny in the wrong moment. I apologise."
"You say you've wasted years pursuing an useless cause... not sure if it's any comfort, but this happened very often with humans... a book on history of the world from which we Revivians were reincarnated could be considered a textbook of foolishness, frankly. Your excuse of revenge at least held a bit better - and the list of villains you seek to defeat, if shorter, still has same names on it".

"How do you like Kaisei? You haven't had any trouble with some local idiots?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: December 18, 2021, 12:40:12 pm »

"C-cold! Jeeze... I didn't think the ocean would be this freezing. Though, I suppose it does its job of fighting the heat here."
"Heh. If people wanted nothing but heat, they'd hit a desert, not a beach. The water's a feature after all."
"And if you don't mind me saying that, you overestimated the impact of your scars. Sure, it's highly visible, but you're still a looker under that cloak. Nothing that compares to picture book beauty standards that are promoted everywhere, but nothing beneath it. The best I could describe it is... an acquired taste? Something like that. In any case, keeping these scars visible and not hiding them away will make people think you have a lot of self-confidence. It repels most shady men who only want to hook up for one night and might attract people who are attracted to personality rather than looks straight out of a Clash of Legends ad."

Yliss looks to the sky for a moment, lost in thoughts.

"... Just be wary of people treating your scars like a disability and wanting to show you how selfless and benevolent they are by treating you like a crippled person. Terrible, terrible route..."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:42:11 pm by SirAston »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: December 18, 2021, 12:48:37 pm »

Jarvis took a moment to understand why Milly was shocked in the first place, only to give a dismissive wave in response.
"Really? I MPMH you knew about that. I mean...MPHMH wear a pretty heavy armor."
"I suppose MPMH armor hides my body pretty well then. But you are correct MPMH be doing that soon, probably."
"However at least MPMH now I think taking a little time to rest wouldn't hurt."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4583 on: December 18, 2021, 03:37:00 pm »

"I am not a fan of many things, including mages with inflated heads, but I have no grudge against this particular piece of damp, grainy land."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Aurorix

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: December 22, 2021, 03:48:35 pm »

"An... acquired taste? Ha. Well, I suppose that's one way to put it." Jade forms a smile smile. She wouldn't mind looking more like a Clash of Legends character. Most of them from what she's seen have been pretty cute. She raises an eyebrow and tilts her head at Yilss' last comment.

"Terrible... route? Is that another one of those Revivian terms?" One thing for sure about Revivians is that never cease to come up with strange word combinations.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: December 22, 2021, 03:57:39 pm »

"Seventh, eighth, ninth time! I'll come at you as hard as I can, until I win!"
Orobas dashes backwards, bouncing on the ringside ropes, using them to charge his momentum up and smash into Keith with what looks like a perfectly conditioned spear. Keith, being faster on the ball, manages to duck out of the way, leaving Orobas barrelling into a turnpike. The old demon, however, is tough enough, and simply bounces back, using his momentum to pick up his hammer.

"Come on then, Piper! Give me a fight!"

The crowd begins paying rapt attention, torn between booing Orobas for picking up a weapon, cheering for the sheer amount of combat, and just paying attention. It seems you have them interested.

Duel: Keith vs. Orobas
Keith moves first!

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Leviathan nods.
"You must know by this point why I'm here."

Milly slowly nods.
"Y-yes....some rest would be nice. I'm just....well, concerned."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 04:00:11 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: December 22, 2021, 04:08:39 pm »

Keith took up a stance, shuffling his feet and slowly swaying back and forth as he entered the Hitman stance favored by Thomas Hearns.

"Maybe one of these days you'll tell me why you're obsessed with me."

Keith quickly darted in and launched a pair of jabs with his Bull Breakers.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: December 22, 2021, 04:24:48 pm »

"Ah, right. It is, yes. A good number of Revivians have played so-called Visual Novels back on Earth, the planet we had our former life on. Those are pretty much like novels - as the name implies - but they also feature graphics, animations, sounds, music and voice acting to enhance the experience and make the first-person perspective of these novels more immersive. And artistic capabilities notwithstanding, they're also an easy type of game to create. Heck, I've already thought about creating one for these crystal tablets, if I figure out how one programs and distributes games on these. Given that Clash of Legends is a thing, I definitely know it's possible."
"... Right, the term "terrible route". The proper term would be "bad end" or "dead end", because visual novels often implement choices to make, and depending on the choices made, they can lead to an ending that results in the protagonist's death, or at least what they aimed for based on previous choices, usually starting a romantic relationship with one of the main characters, is no longer avaible because the protagonist screwed up."
"I was actually referencing a specific visual novel when I said that sentence. It's one with a focus on girls that have various disabilities, but it's done really well, highlighting the fact that disabled people are just people too in the end, with dreams, ambitions and fears. One of those girls has scars from severe burning and she's overall timid and introverted for good reasons. But she still has ambitions, and trying to protect her from everything will lead to such a bad end because she does want to be able to stand up for herself."

she stopped herself after realising she was nerding out hard. Hard to blame her for that, aside from Momo and Asuna, she had no peers of similar interests and cultural knowledge in the group and someone being willing to listen for once and asking questions about stuff she cares about, that hasn't been a thing for way too long.

"... Yeah, I guess I just rambled on in the end. The key takeaway here is: Due to a specific work of art that is beloved amongst many from our old world, there's a higher chance that a Revivian will see you as the person you are under those scars. Someone with baggage of her own, but a normal person nonetheless. Well, as far as any of us can be called normal here, that is. More normal than 42-1 and Marcia, that's for sure."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: December 22, 2021, 04:27:15 pm »

"I get it, hex removal."

"Just a word of warning, dunno if you know that already - when we dispel that hex, the head bitch in charge will know it, and will know that it just happened here, and will most probably storm in here to throw a tantrum."

"Serena and the others are in the bar or somewhere around. Do you want to go there now?"

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: December 22, 2021, 11:41:20 pm »

"I am not a fan of many things, including mages with inflated heads, but I have no grudge against this particular piece of damp, grainy land."
: "Humph, and here I thought I'd get to watch you try to challenge the ocean to a fight."
: "But I guess not even you would do something so foolish."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 328