Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 70971 times)

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2019, 09:11:47 pm »

Something I think you'll like, FDB: Baby Zombies can ride pandas.

That is bloody adorable

I left you a cake and a map, Sackhead :) You have built a very nice inn! I think Portsmouth needs a road connection still . . . maybe we can make it go past your inn?
Thanks for that. It will be nice to have a better idea of wear stuff is

Thanks I'll putt a chest up front for excess wool and such that anyone can take from once iv got production going.

And anyones welcome to use the spawnner for whatever they want

Thanks! I sadly don't have the resources or the animals to properly cultivate animals, and the closest place I know that has sheep is sound of Portsmouth, which is a bit of a trek for only a couple of wool. I will have a barrel added to the Heorot port for you! is there any thing you would want in return for the wool?
Nothing in particular but if you come across any black or green dyes  they would be great for colour coding my rooms

I live by the ocean i can get as much inksacks as the spawning rates of squids will allow

Wow you have been doing a bucnh of exploring! have you been mapping them out too or just running around?
if you want polar bear then head south, I started mapping that area and it is full of a tundra/glacier biome where large ice masses are with polar bears!

That really sucks that you haven't found a jumble biome, but I have a weird feeling it is gonna be in the Z directions.
Haven't been mapping. I already checked the Z-axis: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174048.msg8000004#msg8000004

Note that it's not a thorough search. The area I've covered looks like a + over a ◊. There might be a jungle hiding somewhere in the 10,000 block radius.

what exactly would change if they did update it? i am not sure the amount of differences between the version we are currently using and that version.
1.14.3 has Optifine support, which some Bay12'ers said they can't play without.

The lighting bug where torches go dark resulting monsters spawning was fixed. Hostile mobs and despawning in front of you. Wandering traders not spawning, trader llamas not despawning. Beds causing you to wake up inside a wall or on the other side. Illager patrols are changed to longer spawn in areas lit by torches.

Some people are saying random villager despawning still hasn't been fixed, though.

i knew you went some direction of the Z but I didn't know how far, i am assuming once I start mapping i will stumble upon a jungle

Every time I go to log into this server to try it out its offline

yeah a few people have had the problem of it being down, the person who manages it might be busy and haven't gotten around to fixing it, or something else i don't know unfortunately
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2019, 01:18:20 am »

The server started just two months ago and probably the monthly subscription has just expired... The owner has not been seen online for a few weeks I think... The fact that the server wasn't ever updated to newer Minecraft versions is not a good sign either.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:22:36 am by ivanovic »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2019, 03:05:22 am »

"A few weeks" is an exaggeration. He was last online four days ago, the 28th.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2019, 04:45:02 am »

I was getting really bad DC's before the server went down
If it doesn't come back up soon, yall could join me on Mech and Magic modpack's official server
Your standard mod includes + Vampire and PSI(My favorite)
Have a wonderful day

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2019, 10:08:31 pm »

I was getting really bad DC's before the server went down
If it doesn't come back up soon, yall could join me on Mech and Magic modpack's official server
Your standard mod includes + Vampire and PSI(My favorite)

I like no zero a bout Minecraft mods, what does the PSI stuff/do/add?
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2019, 06:09:31 pm »

Server's been down for a week now.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Jejune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2019, 02:05:07 pm »

yeah :( Big shame I was having a lot of fun.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2019, 03:15:24 pm »

Indeed. And Araph hasn't been on since the 28th July.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2019, 09:46:06 pm »

Sorry guys, my bad! The server conked out because I forgot to pay for hosting, but I just set up auto-pay to keep this from happening again. I haven't been online in a while and life has been keeping me running around offline, but I don't plan on taking the server down if anyone else is still having fun.

EDIT: Also, just realized I had a message saying there are additional settlements! If you have a village, town, port, fortress, tower, waypoint, hostel, farm, hamlet, or any other sort of establishment you want listed in the OP, post a little description of it and general directions to it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 10:25:46 pm by Araph »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2019, 04:15:04 am »

@Araph
Can you make a backup of the world and update to 1.14.3? Hostile mobs have now stopped spawning when I'm the only one on. We really need those bug fixes.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2019, 04:47:46 am »

Excellent! Thanks, Araph. Hopefully you'll get some time to play yourself?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2019, 08:26:45 am »

I've installed a system on my zombie spawner that should in theory be able to sort regular zombies from zombie villagers.  I haven't noticed any zombie villagers spawning in it and i don't have the stuff to cure them but it's pretty simple if anyone wants to improve it or mess with it.
Basically it works by dropping all the zombies into a shaft filled with water the normal zombies then turn to drowned and eventually swim up and the zombie villagers should hangout on the bottom and i have a switch that will open a door into another room

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2019, 08:50:19 am »

I haven't noticed any zombie villagers spawning in it [...]
They don't anymore, unfortunately.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2019, 09:50:09 am »

I second the motion to upgrade, purely so I can use mods.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2019, 12:40:02 pm »

@Araph
Can you make a backup of the world and update to 1.14.3? Hostile mobs have now stopped spawning when I'm the only one on. We really need those bug fixes.

Yeah, that's totally doable.

Excellent! Thanks, Araph. Hopefully you'll get some time to play yourself?

Hopefully! I'm moving apartments this weekend, but things should be a lot calmer after that's wrapped up.

I second the motion to upgrade, purely so I can use mods.

Let's get some opinions on settings and mods. From what I've heard over this server's lifetime, it sounds like people would prefer to keep villagers and generate structures on worldgen, as well as update the server to the latest version of the game. If I was to zip up the world data and post it here for posterity (so that everyone still has access and it could theoretically go on another server), would anyone be opposed to updating the server, installing mods, and creating a new world? Or would it be better to keep the same world, install a few mods that are compatible with the existing world, just update the server (assuming the save is compatible, which it should be)?

Also, I would need a mod list. If we keep the same world, what mods would everyone like? If we generate a new world, what mods would everyone like on top of the save-compatible mods?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33