Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY  (Read 53765 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: Day Three: Got a Light?
« Reply #345 on: September 04, 2019, 01:55:35 pm »

I can confirm Superdorf did nothing last night.

Let's lynch Naturegirl and go home.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 04, 2019, 02:11:04 pm »

Eh, fine... I'm still curious to see which of us she calls scum tho.

Naturegirl1999
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 04, 2019, 04:00:08 pm »

She had her chance to make an accusation, but she chose not to use it. It's time we all saw the end of the game.

Naturegirl1999
Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 04, 2019, 04:07:06 pm »

Unless the situation changes, Naturegirl1999 will be hammered in 3 hours from now.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 04, 2019, 04:14:16 pm »

So Superdorf, while we're waiting...what did you say after yesterday's hammer before you edited it out? I missed the half-hour window where it was still up.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2019, 04:50:13 pm »

I know your question wasn't addressed to me, but my message was basically that NJW had an uphill battle to convince me that Superdorf fakeclaimed 15 minutes after day started. I could see 4mask trying that though.

Also my GG y'all was totally me messing with you guys.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »

So Superdorf, while we're waiting...what did you say after yesterday's hammer before you edited it out? I missed the half-hour window where it was still up.
Oh! I complimented NJW on the intensity of his arguings. Scum he may have been, but he put up a magnificent fight. :D

klonk
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2019, 05:51:36 pm »

Oh! I complimented NJW on the intensity of his arguings. Scum he may have been, but he put up a magnificent fight. :D
I know, right? I almost believed the ferocity and certainty apparent in his tone would have swayed Persus over my own talking points. Secret Hitler is exciting when you're part of a conflict, and his fight showed me that Mafia is the same in that regard.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Tea Mafia: TOWN VICTORY
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2019, 07:01:55 pm »

Almost immediately, one of the strangers responded to the host’s question:

”No. We must still purify that one.”

”That one? Are you certain that that is all you have to do? Very well. Out with you, spirit.”

The host’s simple command banished the infiltrator with contemptuous ease. Something in the atmosphere shifted, making it clear that it had been the only other one infiltrating the ceremony. Then, the host looked upon the strangers dangerously and spoke:

”But you might recall that there were two parts to today’s hanging scroll. You haven’t reached enlightenment yet. Why might that be?”

Quote from: Final votecount
Naturegirl1999: Persus13, Superdorf, Pooka (3)

No vote: Naturegirl1999

Naturegirl1999 has been lynched!

Quote from: Roleflip
You are a Mafia Loud Doctor!

Once per night, you may choose to protect another player from all kills that night.
Any time you use any ability on another player, including unwillingly, that player will learn that you used an ability on (“visited”) them (but not what ability you used).

You may also choose to use the factional ability to kill a player once per night. You may communicate with other members of your faction here (link removed).

You win when at least one Mafia player is alive and no Town or Serial Killer player is alive.

Quote from: Sample message received by target
You were visited by Naturegirl1999.

You are a terrifying evil spirit in human guise infiltrating the tea ceremony to feast on sin. Your visage can send anyone fleeing, but it is not easily forgotten.

At least one Town player is alive and no Mafia or Serial Killer player is alive. The game is over. The Town has won the game!

Coming soon: a post with player/role roster, action history and links to mafiachat and deadchat. I also have some comments about the setup design and how I moderated and will appreciate feedback.

As the game is over, game rules are no longer in effect.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2019, 07:11:02 pm »

Yes! I knew it!

In retrospect, I should have been okay with lynching Naturegirl on Day 1. But to be honest, I'm not sure if things would have gone just as well as it did now with her being the final scum. I still believe NJW's whole maneuver of implicating Superdorf and I were to avoid Naturegirl being lynched. If she was already lynched, I'm guessing he would have resorted to a more subtle attack vector that would have worked in his favor.

Either way, congratulations to the whole scumteam, and Naturegirl, you'll hopefully have better standing ground next game now that you tried a crash course into Mafia.

Finally, this is my best game as Town. The ones I played on GOG had me either die early or appear too scummy that I deserved the mislynch. But in this one, I am glad I knew what I was doing and that it all paid off in the end.

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2019, 07:14:39 pm »

Also, any thoughts on my play style? I think I did well, but there's certainly areas where I can do better.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:23:49 pm by Pooka »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2019, 07:33:36 pm »

Huh. So Naturegirl did protect me night 1. Nice little town-cred trick, that.

Well played all! This was fun. I do wish I'd not made myself so suspicious with the random erratic whatevers early on (and occasionally later on); that really killed my credibility I think... Pooka saved the day tho! ^-^

klonk
Sigtext

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:54 pm »

Huh. So Naturegirl did protect me night 1. Nice little town-cred trick, that.

Pooka saved the day tho! ^-^

What I don't understand is why she claimed Bodyguard instead of Doctor. If she was found to have PROTECTED someone, she would have to explain how come she's still alive. But while essentially a useless role for Mafia, she had the benefit of being seen by you and you would figure she's a Doctor and then...well, this game has a Mafia Doctor and a Town Roleblocker. Lovely.

Then again, she was the Mafia. She knew who was going to get killed, and when NJW got the boot, she also knew who she was going to kill. Worth noting is that her Loudness would have made her time difficult if she actually got a nightkill through. The remaining two players would ask her "what did you do last night?" and I swear she would have been sweating bullets trying to answer that.

Also, thanks!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 04, 2019, 08:03:17 pm »

GG all! That was good fun, though went downhill a lot sooner than I hoped.

In retrospect, I should have been okay with lynching Naturegirl on Day 1. But to be honest, I'm not sure if things would have gone just as well as it did now with her being the final scum. I still believe NJW's whole maneuver of implicating Superdorf and I were to avoid Naturegirl being lynched. If she was already lynched, I'm guessing he would have resorted to a more subtle attack vector that would have worked in his favor.
The maneuver was something I kind of trapped myself into... it ended up being the most plausible claim I could make to save myself. I wasn't actually too concerned about Naturegirl being lynched, though I would have preferred that it didn't happen. I'll explain why I did it:

Also, any thoughts on my play style? I think I did well, but there's certainly areas where I can do better.
You seemed like a really strong player, I was scared of you. Well done for mentioning the correct scumteam d1!

One thing that I might say about your scumhunting is that I never consciously tried to "pocket" you - I just mentioned your early mechanical speculation to make it seem like I'd done more than skimread it. But my motives there weren't entirely townie in any case, and you picked up on that.

@Superdorf, I think I was a bit hard on you at certain points. This was mostly to help me as scum.

IcyTea, thanks for running this! It felt like quite a balanced setup, though I don't know much about these things. I think the ascetic role blew up in my face slightly, but as I understand it scum had plenty of powerful options in that game.
I liked the flavourtext too.
One wheel short of a wagon

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2019, 08:26:59 pm »

@Superdorf, I think I was a bit hard on you at certain points. This was mostly to help me as scum.
Ahh, don' worry about that-- mafia does what mafia needs to do. Your righteous fury calculated lash-out was grand to behold!

Hm, on that note... I've noticed I tend to just kinda, erm, wither under any sort of pressure. I develop this sort of nervous lazy-apathy-- I become reluctant to say anything at all for fear of saying the wrong thing. Is there anything I can do to change that? Or is it just something I have to get out of my system with practice?

Tips for attacking strong scum-players in general would be nice. I really had no idea how to go about it, even after I knew who the scum-player was. Especially then, really.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27