Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 32805 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2019, 12:04:00 am »

Proposal name: Citizens
Proposal: Guests may register to the game as Citizens by posting to the thread "I, [Username], register to the thread as a citizen and understand that my position is below the Global Directors.".

Proposal name: Divisions
Proposal: There exist in-game organizations called "Divisions". Each Division is ruled over by a Global Director who may structure it as they see fit, within the rule set. Each Citizen must choose a Division to be a part of. Divisions are numbered in accordance with the GD who runs it.

GD-1, D-1, for example.

(The idea behind these is to get guests in the game and establish a hierarchy of sorts to keep things from getting too confusing.)

I would like to call for proposals in the vein of ensuring Citizens have rights that ensure proper dignity and such for them.

I don't want a Division leader to structure its Division in a way that is unfair to its people. E.g. Chief of Idiocy, Assistant Dumb person, etc.
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2019, 12:23:08 am »

I think I tend towards creating bureaucracies.

If Divisions get passed then I'll probably structure mine as a kind of benevolent dictatorship/company focused on creating new bureaucracy of a hopefully streamlined nature.

The Divisions wouldn't just end up being mini-games of "Dictator Nomic" because they would be subsidiaries of the main game and would be under its jurisdiction.

The setup would probably be something like:

GD-1 (Me)
Various assistants (who form a kind of advisory council beneath me and would get specific titles based on their roles)
[There would be a kind of constitution in place so that I couldn't change its rules in unpredictable ways.]
Undecided.

Again, this Division would focus on trying to present better rule proposals for the bureaucracy of the game. Other Divisions could focus on game design, Citizen rights, and/or whatever they are interested in doing.

I very much want this game of Nomic to be fair and allow for people to have fun.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2019, 01:21:10 am »

There should be a thread for players to discuss the game without cluttering up this thread.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2019, 04:01:41 am »

I have read this entire thread and I don't know which rules got passed, seems like there should be a list somewhere, like in the OP.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2019, 05:19:21 am »

Now that it’s Thursday
Proposal:Back up characters
Global Directors can create multiple characters, but only one character can be active at a time. When the active character dies, GD can choose which of their backup characters takes the Acive character’s place upon death. Backup characters do not start with what the Active character had upon death

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2019, 09:20:46 am »

So I just want to be clear. I consider Colluseum Maximus my domain to do as I please. Firstly, it is at this point a demo. Second, each Gladiator Duel host can run duels however they want, as there is no rules to say otherwise.

I may be fine with other hosts using the thread, especially early on. Feel free to make suggestions and what have you, but I am not slowing down to ask permission on anything.
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:44 am »

So I just want to be clear. I consider Colluseum Maximus my domain to do as I please. Firstly, it is at this point a demo. Second, each Gladiator Duel host can run duels however they want, as there is no rules to say otherwise.

I may be fine with other hosts using the thread, especially early on. Feel free to make suggestions and what have you, but I am not slowing down to ask permission on anything.
That makes sense. I can change the proposal to something else. Sorry about that

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2019, 10:06:35 am »

I haven't looked over the new proposals yet, so it wasn't a response to anything like that. I just wish to clearly communicate my intentions.
Awesome With Autism

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2019, 10:50:41 am »

That is fine.

I would probably do rhetoric duels where the goal is to convince someone of something.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2019, 11:02:38 am »

That is fine.

I would probably do rhetoric duels where the goal is to convince someone of something.
Sounds interesting

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2019, 11:58:02 am »

I have read this entire thread and I don't know which rules got passed, seems like there should be a list somewhere, like in the OP.

That's true. For everyone's voting (and editing) convenience, here is a list of the current rules.

Quote from: Passed/failed proposals
6 Player Limit Removal(1-1): KittyTac | roseheart: FAILED
Mandatory Character Sheet(3): Naturegirl1999, roseheart, TTE: PASSED
3D Inactive OP Law(1-2): Liberonscien | TTE, roseheart: FAILED
Anti OP Slavery Law(4): roseheart, Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE: PASSED
Alpha/Beta Tiers(3): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE: PASSED
Resolve Disputes by Gladiator Duels(3): roseheart, Eschar, Naturegirl1999: PASSED
3D Auto-Kick(1-2): Liberonscien | TTE, roseheart: FAILED
3D Kill Enabled(3): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, TTE: PASSED
3D Inactive OP Law V2(3): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, TTE: PASSED
Alignment CS Expansion(4): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE, roseheart: PASSED
Rule 3 Clarification(1-1): TTE | roseheart: FAILED
Anti OP Slavery/Inactivity Law(1-3): TTE | roseheart, Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999: FAILED
RTD Guest Boost(3-1): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE | roseheart: FAILED
Point System(4): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE, roseheart: PASSED
Points for Proposing(2-2): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999 | TTE, roseheart: FAILED
Points for Voting(2-2): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999 | TTE, roseheart: FAILED

The new list of rules is in this spoiler, so all one has to do is copy and paste.
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Polished the phrasing a little, but only when neccesary, and I tried not to change the meaning.

Quote from: Ongoing votes
No Proposal Wednesdays(4): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, Eschar, TTE
Game Setting(2-1): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999 | TTE
RTD Guest Boost V2(3): Liberonscien, Naturgirl1999, TTE
Global Directors(3): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE
Global Director Rulership(3): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE
Backup Characters(1): Naturegirl1999
Proposal Titles(2): Liberonscien, TTE
Citizens(2): Liberonscien, TTE
Divisions(2): Liberonscien, TTE

Huh. Looks like No Proposal Wednesdays really worked. (Despite not having passed yet.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:53 am »

Thank you for giving the proposals some down time. I think it was for the best. OP Liberonscien may use this to update the OP if they wish. Example below.

Code: [Select]
[b]ALPHA RULES:[/b][list type=decimal][li]
All players must agree to changes to the game.
[/li][li]
Player limit of 6.
[/li][li]
After 48 hours all rules with at least one non-proposer yes vote are automatically accepted if unopposed.
[/li][li]
The OP must update the original post.
[/li][li]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174557.0]Character Creation[/url]
[quote]Name:
Appearance:
Goal:
Aligned Entity:
(Add more if desired)[/quote]
[/li][li]
Any new rule that requires the OP to do something, must have OP consent. And can be removed by them later.
[/li][li]
There are two classes of rules: Alpha rules, which govern the Nomic; and Beta rules, which govern any in-game games. Alpha rules are to be listed under an Alpha header. Beta rules are to be listed under a Beta header. Alpha rules are to be referred to as Alpha-1, Alpha-2, and so on. Beta rules are to be referred to in a similar way. Alpha rules overrule Beta rules.
[/li][li]
Disputes can be resolved with RTD Gladiator battles, hosted by a referee. The competitors would agree on one, or one would be chosen randomly if they couldn't. Anyone that volunteered to do it.
[/li][li]
If a player does not post to the thread for three days than they can be killed by any player, and if killed are no longer signed up. They may resign/respawn at any time. If there is an open slot still.
[/li][li]
In the case of the OP being unavailable for three days then all active players can vote on a replacement OP and make a new thread. When this happens the new OP must link to the previous thread in their OP and to the next thread in their last post in the old thread. OP is assumed to have left the game.
[/li][li]
All characters must be aligned with an entity of their choice. This entity may be an individual (see clause B), a specimen of flora or fauna, an organization, or a deity (see clause C).
Clause B: The individual may be the character itself.
Clause C: The deity must be from a pre-existing (see clause C.A) religion or fictional work.
Clause C.A: Pre-existing, for the sake of this rule, means before the character was made.
[/li][li]
Players may earn points in a manner determined by the rule set. The purpose of said points shall be determined by the rule set.
[/li][/list]

[b]BETA RULES:[/b]
[list type=lower-roman][li]
(Rules not yet officially classified.)
[/li][li]
(Rules not yet officially classified.)
[/li][/list]

[b]PLAYERS:[/b][list type=decimal][li]
Liberonscien
[/li][li]
roseheart
[/li][li]
The_Two_Eternities
[/li][li]
KittyTac
[/li][li]
Naturegirl1999
[/li][li]
Eschar
[/li][/list]

ALPHA RULES:
  • All players must agree to changes to the game.
  • Player limit of 6.
  • After 48 hours all rules with at least one non-proposer yes vote are automatically accepted if unopposed.
  • The OP must update the original post.
  • Character Creation
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Goal:
    Aligned Entity:
    (Add more if desired)
  • Any new rule that requires the OP to do something, must have OP consent. And can be removed by them later.
  • There are two classes of rules: Alpha rules, which govern the Nomic; and Beta rules, which govern any in-game games. Alpha rules are to be listed under an Alpha header. Beta rules are to be listed under a Beta header. Alpha rules are to be referred to as Alpha-1, Alpha-2, and so on. Beta rules are to be referred to in a similar way. Alpha rules overrule Beta rules.
  • Disputes can be resolved with RTD Gladiator battles, hosted by a referee. The competitors would agree on one, or one would be chosen randomly if they couldn't. Anyone that volunteered to do it.
  • If a player does not post to the thread for three days than they can be killed by any player, and if killed are no longer signed up. They may resign/respawn at any time. If there is an open slot still.
  • In the case of the OP being unavailable for three days then all active players can vote on a replacement OP and make a new thread. When this happens the new OP must link to the previous thread in their OP and to the next thread in their last post in the old thread. OP is assumed to have left the game.
  • All characters must be aligned with an entity of their choice. This entity may be an individual (see clause B), a specimen of flora or fauna, an organization, or a deity (see clause C).
    Clause B: The individual may be the character itself.
    Clause C: The deity must be from a pre-existing (see clause C.A) religion or fictional work.
    Clause C.A: Pre-existing, for the sake of this rule, means before the character was made.
  • Players may earn points in a manner determined by the rule set. The purpose of said points shall be determined by the rule set.

BETA RULES:
  • (Rules not yet officially classified.)
  • (Rules not yet officially classified.)

PLAYERS:
  • Liberonscien
  • roseheart
  • The_Two_Eternities
  • KittyTac
  • Naturegirl1999
  • Eschar
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:27:51 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2019, 12:03:06 pm »

Ninja'd! I might vote for your bookkeeping TTE, but I firmly believe every rule added, should be done exactly as proposed. When possible.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2019, 06:27:09 pm »

(Thank you TTE for your harrowing efforts to keep the Votebox updated, let's make sure to use it everyone.)

Here's the rest, now that I finished.

Ending Later Today

RTD Guest Boost V2
I support this. It's a backbone for more. If points are tied into it for example.

Game Setting
I oppose this. The way it is worded would require new rules to allow any roleplaying at all. Something that is already a part of the game.

Aside: If this was worded as a "default" which can be contradicted when desired, then it would be a fine benchmark to help visualize/roleplay. Though I sense fantasy is the group preference, going by Colosseum Maximus character sheets and item suggestions(even despite instructions to the contrary).

Global Directors
I oppose this. This rule is a landmine. You cannot even refer to someone as "they" or "them" throughout a sentence or paragraph, because they "are to be referred" only this way.

Global Director Rulership
I remain neutral on this. I sense this could cause some problems, but also open up opportunities. We must be vigilant if and when it passes.

Ending Tomorrow

Backup Characters
I support this. Options are good.

Proposal Titles
I give conditional support to this. I oppose the example being included in the rule, but support the rule itself. See below for what I believe is a little more clear(easier to spot) and less like a copy paste form.

Citizens
I support this. This is a backbone for more.

Divisions
I support this. This is a backbone for more. (Though it is a little unclear where the rule ends and the explanation begins.)

New

3 Proposal Limit A Day
New Rule: You may only make 3 proposals a day. A proposal may contain multiple new rules and or rule revisions, but players vote for or against an entire proposal. You may edit a proposal if it doesn't have any non-proposer votes. You may spend X-2 points to make an additional proposal, where X equals your total number of proposals today before your next one.
New Rule: If you posted in the thread between the last two Wednesdays, you gain 10 Points.

Reason: This really is to reduce spam.

Underline Proposal Titles
New Rule: Proposal titles must be underlined.

REASON: :,3 I can't find your proposals people.

Global Directors V2
New Rule/Revisions: Excluding this one, instances in rules(past and future) of the word "player" and "players" are to be replaced with the title "Global Director" and "Global Directors". All Global Directors are assigned the number of the player slot they fill. They may change number if that slot is open. They have the option to take a concise nickname. (GD-1 "Clockwork", for example.)

Wishes For The Future

Mafia-like Abilities
Like night actions. Just seems cool.

Bookkeeping.
So much bookkeeping.

No Proposal Wednesdays(4): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, Eschar, TTE: PASSED

RTD Guest Boost V2(4): Liberonscien, Naturgirl1999, TTE, roseheart
Game Setting(2-2): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999 | TTE, roseheart
Global Directors(3-1): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE | roseheart
Global Director Rulership(3): Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999, TTE
Backup Characters(2): Naturegirl1999, roseheart
Proposal Titles(3*): Liberonscien, TTE, roseheart*