Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Pure Nomic (Players Needed)  (Read 32155 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Nomic
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2019, 12:00:15 pm »

So we should talk about conditional support since that has come up a few times recently. My understanding is, if 48 hours passes, the rule fails unless all agree on the condition. In the case of "1.1" or updated versions, at 48 hours the "1.0" fails and any votes not for the newer one well those names are removed.

Does that sound about right?
Could you rephrase that?
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2019, 12:09:49 pm »

What do you think should happen for example, if your Divisions (original version) reaches the 48 hr mark?
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2019, 04:29:07 pm »

Some NEW proposals from Marbles. Oh that is my GD-2 nickname btw.

Slayer Roleplayer
Rule Revision: Players may earn points in a manner determined by the rule set. The purpose of said points shall be determined by the rule set. You can trade points. Upon your death you lose all your points.
New Rule: If you kill a player you must describe your character slaying theirs.

Reason: A little more Roleplaying for our Forum Game. Trading points allows for things like, hiring someone else to be the assassin, and bribery. Or like, shopping.

Consequences
New Rule: A Global Director that breaks a rule may be punished. An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting the Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any evidence to support it. The trial will last 48 hours. Any Global Director can support the accusation by suggesting a penalty; this can be a loss of or trading of points of some amount, or death. If 3 or more non-accuser Global Directors support the accusation when the trial has ended, the smallest suggested point loss is to be enforced, or death, if there were none. The first Global Director to suggest death is to be the executioner. Global Directors can change their suggested punishment or withdraw their support as desired throughout the trial.

Reason: Rules don't mean anything if they are not enforced. And my belief is that perhaps this proposal will make it so new rules are more carefully worded, and reviewed.

Ball
There is a ball. If you have it you can pass it to another Global Director. The OP starts with the ball and get's it back after 72 hours without someone passing it.

Reason: None given.
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »

What do you think should happen for example, if your Divisions (original version) reaches the 48 hr mark?
Ah, well, since I no longer support it, I think it should be removed from the vote.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2019, 04:45:39 pm »

Slayer Roleplayer
Rule Revision: Players may earn points in a manner determined by the rule set. The purpose of said points shall be determined by the rule set. You can trade points. Upon your death you lose all your points.

Reason: A little more Roleplaying for our Forum Game. Trading points allows for things like, hiring someone else to be the assassin, and bribery. Or like, shopping.

Consequences
New Rule: A Global Director that breaks a rule may be punished. An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting the Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any evidence to support it. The trial will last 48 hours. Any Global Director can support the accusation by suggesting a penalty; this can be a loss of or trading of points of some amount, or death. If 3 or more non-accuser Global Directors support the accusation when the trial has ended, the smallest suggested point loss is to be enforced, or death, if there were none. The first Global Director to suggest death is to be the executioner. Global Directors can change their suggested punishment or withdraw their support as desired throughout the trial.

Reason: Rules don't mean anything if they are not enforced. And my belief is that perhaps this proposal will make it so new rules are more carefully worded, and reviewed.

Ball
There is a ball. If you have it you can pass it to another Global Director. The OP starts with the ball and get's it back after 72 hours without someone passing it.

+1 to all

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2019, 04:49:14 pm »

Slayer Roleplayer

Consequences

Ball

I support all three.

Heirs
Each member of the game, Global Director, Citizen, or otherwise, may, at their discretion, designate heirs for their points and other possessions in special documents called "Wills". Wills may be as detailed as desired and may be conditional.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2019, 05:00:28 pm »

I am fairly certain that is has been more than three days since Eschar has posted to the thread. Would anyone be opposed to the Cyborg* administering a lethal injection?

*Placeholder name

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2019, 05:13:08 pm »

*Placeholder name

*Gasp* I thought you were Clockwork.

I am fairly certain that is has been more than three days since Eschar has posted to the thread. Would anyone be opposed to the Cyborg* administering a lethal injection?

I defer to you on the matter. I already proposed that. (Did you try to PM them? If they are not reachable...)
Awesome With Autism

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2019, 08:19:37 pm »

Global Directors (version 1.0) received two votes against. As such, due to the current disagreement between Liberonscien and roseheart regarding how conditional support works, no players currently hold the title of Global Director.
Global Director Rulership has PASSED. Do note that it does not currently affect the game. Exact text:
Code: [Select]
The Global Directors rule over willing non-Global Directors. The means for this is to be determined by the rule set.
Backup Characters has PASSED. Exact text:
Code: [Select]
Global Directors can create multiple characters, but only one character can be active at a time. When the active character dies, GD can choose which of their backup characters takes the Acive character’s place upon death. Backup characters do not start with what the Active character had upon death

You know what I'm seriously considering calling myself when some form of the Global Directors idea passes? "Bookkeeper".
Quote from: Rule Votebox
Proposal Titles(4*): Liberonscien, TTE*, roseheart*, Naturegirl1999*
Citizens(4): Liberonscien, TTE, roseheart, Naturegirl1999
Divisions V1.1(4*): Liberonscien*, TTE*, roseheart*, Naturegirl1999
3 Proposal Limit A Day(3): roseheart, Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999
Underline Proposal Titles V1.1(4*): roseheart*, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Global Directors V2(4): roseheart, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Slayer Roleplayer(4): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien, TTE
Consequences(3-1): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien | TTE
Ball(3): roseheart, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien
Heirs(2): Liberonscien, TTE

Just a note for the future: After careful examination of the rules, it is my interpretation that it is not possible to vote for one subsection of a proposal and not another.

I vote for Slayer Roleplayer and Heirs because they add a little more depth to the points system.
I am novoting on Ball because I really don't care.
I vote against Consequences for the following reasons:
5: "A Global Director that breaks a rule may be punished." That seems redundant, and could be removed entirely if the phrasing was changed in a few places.
4: "An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, [...]" It's "who", actually. "Who" replaces "he" and "she", while "whom" replaces "him" and "her". "Him doesn't" is grammatically incorrect.
3: "The trial will last 48 hours." And when will it start? Can there be multiple trials at once?
2: "[...] this can be a loss of or trading of points of some amount, or death." I hesitate to declare this grammatically incorrect, but it's not clear at first glance.
Number One: "An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting the Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any evidence to support it." There is no "the" Global Director. Therefore, any accusation automatically breaks a rule.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2019, 09:03:58 pm »

You know what I'm seriously considering calling myself when some form of the Global Directors idea passes? "Bookkeeper".

Live your truth.

Just a note for the future: After careful examination of the rules, it is my interpretation that it is not possible to vote for one subsection of a proposal and not another.

I think you are right. But I also think we are still able to do it. We are actually voting on two proposals, we are just using a kind of secretary shorthand to display them as one. There is also no rule that two active proposals can't have the same name. When a condition is made, that is the start time of the offshoot "technically new" proposal.

Proposal Titles may effect this situation, as that adds rules about how new proposals are made.

I vote against Consequences for the following reasons:
This is a pretty heavy proposal, so I welcome criticism.

5: "A Global Director that breaks a rule may be punished." That seems redundant, and could be removed entirely if the phrasing was changed in a few places.
Fine. This is pretty touchy though. A rule can be revised later to improve phrasing.

4: "An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, [...]" It's "who", actually. "Who" replaces "he" and "she", while "whom" replaces "him" and "her". "Him doesn't" is grammatically incorrect.
"An accuser, him/her doesn't need to be a Global Director, [...]" still functions for the purpose of a rule. Again this could have been a later revision after the rule passed.

I hope I didn't discourage you from revising rules last time. I would really like to see you make some proposals based on them.

3: "The trial will last 48 hours." And when will it start?
This is fair.

Can there be multiple trials at once?
Why not?

2: "[...] this can be a loss of or trading of points of some amount, or death." I hesitate to declare this grammatically incorrect, but it's not clear at first glance.
Minor.

Number One: "An accuser, whom doesn't need to be a Global Director, must make an accusation by posting the Global Director's nickname in bold red font, and any evidence to support it." There is no "the" Global Director. Therefore, any accusation automatically breaks a rule.
lol

DOES THIS CHANGE MY MIND:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Awesome With Autism

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2019, 09:38:43 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Proposal Titles(4*): Liberonscien, TTE*, Marbles*, Naturegirl1999*
Citizens(4): Liberonscien, TTE, Marbles, Naturegirl1999
Divisions V1.1(4*): Liberonscien*, TTE*, Marbles*, Naturegirl1999
3 Proposal Limit A Day(3): Marbles, Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999
Underline Proposal Titles V1.1(4*): Marbles*, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Global Directors V2(4): Marbles, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Slayer Roleplayer(4): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien, TTE
Consequences(3-1): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien | TTE
Ball(3): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien
Heirs(4): Liberonscien, TTE, Marbles, naturegirl1999
[/quote
@Marbles
What is the condition for underline rule proposals? What is your conditional support?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2019, 09:44:38 pm »

I'm just saying, I don't want to live in fear for my life under an Orwellian justice system until the alteration passes as a result of a grammar mistake of all things.

I think you are right. But I also think we are still able to do it. We are actually voting on two proposals, we are just using a kind of secretary shorthand to display them as one. There is also no rule that two active proposals can't have the same name. When a condition is made, that is the start time of the offshoot "technically new" proposal.

Proposal Titles may effect this situation, as that adds rules about how new proposals are made.

That's... true? I think?

Same for 3 Proposals/Day.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2019, 09:47:04 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Proposal Titles(4*): Liberonscien, TTE*, Marbles*, Naturegirl1999*
Citizens(4): Liberonscien, TTE, Marbles, Naturegirl1999
Divisions V1.1(4*): Liberonscien*, TTE*, Marbles*, Naturegirl1999
3 Proposal Limit A Day(3): Marbles, Liberonscien, Naturegirl1999
Underline Proposal Titles V1.1(4*): Marbles*, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Global Directors V2(4): Marbles, Liberonscien, TTE, Naturegirl1999
Slayer Roleplayer(4): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien, TTE
Consequences(3-1): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien | TTE
Ball(3): Marbles, Naturegirl1999, Liberonscien
Heirs(4): Liberonscien, TTE, Marbles, naturegirl1999
[/quote
@Marbles
What is the condition for underline rule proposals? What is your conditional support?
That’s odd. Apparently quoting the votebox makes everything bold. I can fix it if needed, unless you like it better bolded

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2019, 05:59:43 am »

Sense there's a free slot I could join your counsel, unless you guys are set on reducing the size of the counsel.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2019, 07:35:34 am »

You can join the Counsel
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31