Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23347 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2020, 12:57:30 am »

Launch investigations into the source of the diseases with the help of that PMC, as well as any other available contacts that might be able to assist.
[rolls: 3, 1, 2 +1 = 4]You and Sydney Discover the source of the diseases(read Glass's update).

Morph into a bear and attack one of the wolves, hopefully getting them and the fixes to retreat
[1]As you morph into a bear you and the mayor are jumped upon by the wolves and foxes. The mayor died and you get significantly wounded(you are at 1 hp, good luck getting out of this).

Go get a job in west tek military weapons research company 
[3]That company does not exist outside of the Fallout universe. Tho the PMC informs you that they will let you work for them  instead of them killing you for releasing the Zombie virus.

Add some more growth hormones to the werewolves, then try to teach the grown werewolves some stuff so they could help in my experiments.
[2]You try to inject even more growth hormones into the werewoves and end up canceling out the previous injections. In your frustration you ignore the grown werewolves.

Launch investigations into the source of the diseases with the help of that PMC, as well as any other available contacts that might be able to assist.
I’ll just be helping out here.
[rolls: 6, 2 +1 = 7]Between you, the PMC, and Dr. Adderson the culprit of the Zombie virus was found; the PMC is trying to cut a deal with him. You all also found the culprit of the Darius virus, turns out it was Dr. Darius, considering he is currently trying to develop the cure the PMC is willing to let him go with a warning.

continue working on the cure

assistants try to see if they can force any mutations in our patients

remove more negative effects from DA-2

create a gas bomb version of the Darius virus
[rolls: 5, 4]81 more progress to the cure. No mutations were gotten. Cannibalism dropped by 10% in the DA-2 virus. You create a gas bomb that has the Darius virus. The PMC, Dr. Addereson, and Dr Hertz have discovered that you caused the Darius virus(I wonder what tipped them odd).

Quote from: news
The mayor of Clovis has gone missing, witnesses report that a strange scientist was last seen with the mayor.
Quote from: events
nothing new

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 36/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 1025(658 telepaths; 187 telekinetics; and 180 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 21 humans(contained)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Well now, 1 of you are about to die(unless you can pull something out of your hat), another is going to be forced to work with the PMC(or die), and the rest well we will see.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:25:12 am by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2020, 01:03:57 am »

Dr.Adderson demands that Dr Darius cease any and all experimentation outside of curing the Darius Virus, and release vaccine/cure information to the public the moment it becomes available. I will not have him threatening humanity while he tries to play god!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:30:04 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2020, 01:24:03 am »

assistants continue trying to cause mutations in the patients

reply to Dr.adderson about how i can't stop for reasons of figuring out how the virus works to improve progress for the cure

added another mutation to DA-2 to increase intelligence

create two triggers to set off the bomb, keep one on me

see if anyone is will to buy the gas bomb i made on the weapons market, label it as gas bomb and not say anything about it containing the Darius virus, use the name Atlas for who is selling it

send a message to the PMC that i am almost finished a cure for the darius virus but if anything goes wrong then all progress will be lost, so i am thankful for the warning

send a considerably large bribe to the PMC to stop anyone from interfering with my work, i recently got a message from dr.adderson demanding i stop trying to understand how the Darius virus works and focus on the cure only which i could not comply to since i need to understand it better to create a cure faster

if someone tries to break in to the lab delete all data in the lab, and infect self with DA-2

if infected patients go berserk warn PMC and release them to the out side
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:47:59 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2020, 01:48:39 am »

Sydney, not really knowing what to do with all of the recent events, and realizing that medicine really is not her area of expertise, returns to her work on CPU cores, and also trawls through Thoth's code again for more patentable code pieces.
She also asks Thoth what they think of everything that's been happening.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:02:55 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2020, 02:01:31 am »

Pay/offer to train the PMC's personnel in psionics in exchange for them shutting down and confiscating any and all research by Dr Darius for me to examine and destroy.if they agree to do so, Go with them in hazmat gear and make sure to mind control any infected I come across to ensure they are contained and quarentined properly. I have a strong feeling he has ulterior motives, and that the darius outbreak was merely him testing the waters.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:55:31 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2020, 02:07:54 am »

Uhm, so what does PMC need me to do ?
And by the way this whole zombie thing was done as goverment project of creating supersoldiers, test subjects breaking containment was not part of the plan

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2020, 03:22:23 am »

has been moved
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:47:02 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2020, 06:51:28 am »

send a considerably large bribe to the PMC to stop anyone from interfering with my work, i recently got a message from dr.adderson demanding i stop trying to understand how the Darius virus works and focus on the cure only which i could not comply to since i need to understand it better to create a cure faster

reply to Dr.adderson about how i can't stop for reasons of figuring out how the virus works to improve progress for the cure

see if anyone is will to buy the gas bomb i made on the weapons market, label it as gas bomb and not say anything about it containing the Darius virus, use the name Atlas for who is selling it

send a message to the PMC that i am almost finished a cure for the darius virus but if anything goes wrong then all progress will be lost, so i am thankful for the warning

if someone tries to break in to the lab delete all data in the lab, and infect self with DA-2

which is it?

((If/when I die, can I start as a new character?))
try to damage as many of them as possible before I die. Bite at their necks, heads, legs, scratch at them, whatever I can manage. If possible kill some, but that is unlikely given my injuries

If I manage to escape, turn into a human then into cardinal, and fly back to my lab
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:42:45 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2020, 09:08:20 am »

Keep trying to train the grown werewolves to be my lab assistants, then figure out something to make the werewolves grow faster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:58 am »

Sure, tho no 'morphing cube' stuff, also remember you can do multiple actions a turn.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:58 am »

Sure, tho no 'morphing cube' stuff, also remember you can do multiple actions a turn.
(Understood. Thank you)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2020, 05:41:44 pm »

[rolls: 3, 6]45 progress made toward the cure. Your assistants cause the strength mutation to activate. Darius virus gains Mutation(intelligence): 23(chance someone will get this(intelligence) everyday). The bomb has the triggers and one is one you person. You get lots of potential buyers, they are none the wiser. Dr. Adderson gave them(the PMC) a slightly better offer, see quote: The Battle of 2 Crazies

Sydney, not really knowing what to do with all of the recent events, and realizing that medicine really is not her area of expertise, returns to her work on CPU cores, and also trawls through Thoth's code again for more patentable code pieces.
She also asks Thoth what they think of everything that's been happening.

[rolls: 4 ,5 + 1 = 6]You get close to finishing your work on CPU cores, doing 60 progress. You want patent-able code, well here you go: AI base code, Advanced AI code, Auto Duplication code. Congratulations you won the game.
"I could have predicted this."

Pay/offer to train the PMC's personnel in psionics in exchange for them shutting down and confiscating any and all research by Dr Darius for me to examine and destroy.if they agree to do so, Go with them in hazmat gear and make sure to mind control any infected I come across to ensure they are contained and quarentined properly. I have a strong feeling he has ulterior motives, and that the darius outbreak was merely him testing the waters.
[rolls: 2, 6, 1 + 1 = 7]They accept your offer see quote: The Battle of 2 Crazies

Uhm, so what does PMC need me to do ?
And by the way this whole zombie thing was done as goverment project of creating supersoldiers, test subjects breaking containment was not part of the plan

[rolls: 2]The PMC has you study the plague you almost started under strict supervision. Also no one believes you.

try to damage as many of them as possible before I die. Bite at their necks, heads, legs, scratch at them, whatever I can manage. If possible kill some, but that is unlikely given my injuries

If I manage to escape, turn into a human then into cardinal, and fly back to my lab

[rolls: 1]You get overwhelmed and die. Don't bother creating a new character as the game is over.

Keep trying to train the grown werewolves to be my lab assistants, then figure out something to make the werewolves grow faster.
[rolls: 1] The werewolves that you started a little bit ago died due to you overdoing it on trying to get them to grow faster. The other, grown werewolves just ignore you.

Quote from: The Battle of 2 Crazies
Dr. Adderson hp: +30
Dr. Darius hp: +15
PMC hp: +15

Hello Dr. Darius I am Dr. Adderson. You should have just accepted my demand.

NEVER, NOW GET OUT OF MY HEAD

The psychic backlash weakened Adderson(-5 hp), but he pushed on, I did not expect you to be so strong mentally

That is not the only thing you underestimate me on

Darius launched another psychic attack on Adderson, who was not able to get his mental shields up(-6 hp). It was at this time that the PMC launched their attack and it went straight into the containment chamber and got attacked by the infected(-8 hp).

The PMC try to fight their way through and get pounded(-4 hp). The PMC decide to retreat, but got stalled on the infected. It was at this time that Darius decided to wipe his lab computer data stores. His assistants were told to find Dr. Adderson and bring him into the lab.
Adderson decide to mind control everyone he could in Darius' lab, when he got to Darius however he got psychic backlash(-3 hp):Stop trying to control me, oh and leave before you can't

Adderson realized that his mental fortitude was really weakened, he decide that Darius could not defeat him. At this time the PMC was on full retreat, or trying to.  They continue to be stalled on the infected. Adderson decided to try to shift things around in the lab and he ended up hitting Darius( - 3 hp). He continued to move stuff and hit Darius again(- 3 hp).

Darius was getting frustrated and told the infected that these people did not want them to get better and they better stop everyone. The infect try to beat up the PMC soldiers, but they both keep about the same. They try one more time and killed all but one of the PMC soldiers(1 hp left).

Adderson mentally attacks Darius again and Darius lost this time(-4 hp). The infected overrun the last soldier and rush Adderson, who realizes too late as he is in another mental battle with Darius. He ends up making Darius a vegetable and gets over ran by the infect.

Once the infect get out and realize their 'savoir' is worthless, they disperse back into the general population. As for the virus bomb, it is lost in the ruins of Darius' lab.

Quote from: news
Battle between scientist levels building and kills dozens.
Quote from: events
End of the Game!

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 36/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 1025(658 telepaths; 187 telekinetics; and 180 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 21 humans(loose)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Glass just won the Game with 10 patents(I didn't bother updating the stats). Just in time as the Darius virus gets loose again. Also good job to Dustan and Darkwarlock on killing each other, I hope you liked my write up of the battle..
My Forum game(s):
None for now

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2020, 05:45:29 pm »

Well this was fun. Thanks everyone for playing.

Ending results:
Glass: 10 patents(winner)
Dustan: dead
Darkwarlock3: vegetable
Naturegirl1999: dead
sprinkled chariot: 0 patents, in forced servitude in the PMC
King Zultan: 2 patents
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 10, 2020, 06:22:05 pm »

To be honest, I kind of forgot there was a win condition

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2020, 10:18:10 am »

I guess getting second place isn't that bad given that everyone else died.

Its was fun while it lasted, but can we disallow physic stuff next time, I didn't try anything big because I figured they'd mindread it and come ruin it before I even got started.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19