Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 54035 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #690 on: March 16, 2020, 11:33:49 am »

"...oh dear. I didn't think this would upset him."

Remembering what he had overheard from the last experiment Alec had been performing before they had left the cave, Julius leaned over to him and muttered perhaps a bit too loudly unintentionally.

"Did you mention to him about that matter of... dialects? That you had found with Gregor and Alex as well?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 16, 2020, 11:38:52 am »

Perhaps it was a bit unprofessional, but Alec nonetheless cracked a small smile as he muttered back, also perhaps too loudly.
: "I did. Apparently there's an uncountable number worlds, and yet somehow five of us here share similar languages."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 16, 2020, 11:43:27 am »

Friedhelm rounded on Julius, one finger outstretched. "No! No. You do not understand the significance of the absolute level of statistical anomaly we are seeing here. You don't get it. Hundreds, thousands of languages are lost to a single world at the date of development from which yours come. And your world is a droplet of water in an ocean the size of which you wouldn't be able to fathom, let alone traverse. I could roll three dice, with the same result, every waking moment for the rest of my life, aside from the danger of being put to death by the fucking War Breaker, and it still would be likelier than this!" The guardian punctuated the last word with a sweeping gesture to indicate the two other men,and leaned against the transmutation table. "Ooooh... I need to lie down. I think I'm going to be sick."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 16, 2020, 11:47:11 am »

"Hmm hmm. he suppressed a chuckle. "First Otiro's... condition, and now this. Our little group certainly is full of surprises. The next thing you know a pair of us will turn out to be related. Or oh, maybe someone will be discovered to be a zombie or somesuch. Wouldn't that be ironic." he quipped to Alec.

Then the guardian pointed at him and Julius taken a bit aback.

"Oh. Well, I do not know what higher power your people may believe in, but perhaps in the end it is but destiny. Take it as a sign that fate has its sights set on our success. he said, trying his best to sound comforting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:52:33 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 16, 2020, 02:59:31 pm »

"I take it you do remember some good, along with the bad?"

He meant her referring to memories of sunlight and joy.

Iris can only shrug.

"I can see a map of the place I lived, but no detail. As a view from the tower. Distantly, mine recollections are not complete. I remember what I was up to a point, and how I felt-I was a professional who did a job, but also an artist who enjoyed what she did, more often than not. I sense I was happy, but also...unfulfilled. I was never quite satisfied-never good enough. But, I felt content I had all the time in the world with which to better myself and help others learn the truth of themselves...even though, it was a world in twilight.

We surely must have known what was going to happen, but I don't feel it was despair that moved my people. We continued to honor our Gods and our kin until the very end...and, I sense duty continued afterwards, in some fashion.

I suppose to be brought here, I must have done something..why didn't I fade with the rest of my world? It is an intriguing mystery..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 16, 2020, 06:12:30 pm »

"That is good. It somewhat feels odd to interact with the others. I feel somewhat....left out."
"I certainly can understand that feeling. This appearance...really doesn't help either, considering none of you look like that."
Send the ring to the storage, get a brand new silver crossbow and heavy steel crossbow (Replacing the used ones).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:17:25 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 16, 2020, 08:25:35 pm »

"Certainly understandable, but nothing to be conceited about-"
"I meant "concerned". It seems, despite these rings, I still make these slips of the tongue. Perhaps it was a habit of mine back home."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 16, 2020, 08:56:44 pm »

"...Conceited?"
Otiros tilted his head in confusion before she clarified herself.
"I suppose the ring just tries to translate what you say, so if you do a slip on your own language it still translate the slip. And while it might not be something to be concerned about I think it is still something that should be dealt with."
"I mean...we probably will be working together for a while yet, so getting to know each other better might make things less awkward. I can't imagine a group being able to be completely organized if we are feeling unsure about interacting with each other."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 16, 2020, 08:59:41 pm »

"For certain. Perhaps though....there is some sort of kinship between the others? Something that ties them together but not the rest of us. It might explain why they were drawn together."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 16, 2020, 09:37:24 pm »

"I suppose it is possible, I feel like that this 'guardian' is either hiding important information from us or just...doesn't know the consequences of dragging people from different places here. Perhaps some of them have some sort of odd connection even if they aren't from the same realm, I am not sure."
"And if they end up figuring out something important, hopefully they will share with the group. I am sure we are all trying to investigate this situation instead of just following orders without questioning...but I am not sure how many of us managed to get results yet."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 16, 2020, 09:57:20 pm »

"I suppose. I wish I remembered more though. It feels like so many of us have a bigger sense of who they are now and I'm just left with my head empty of all but my fighting styles... And how to ride a pegasus I suppose. It's a good thing I remembered that! Can you imagine if I tried to ride one into battle and just fell off because I forgot how to ride?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:23 pm »

"I can see a map of the place I lived, but no detail. As a view from the tower. Distantly, mine recollections are not complete. I remember what I was up to a point, and how I felt-I was a professional who did a job, but also an artist who enjoyed what she did, more often than not. I sense I was happy, but also...unfulfilled. I was never quite satisfied-never good enough. But, I felt content I had all the time in the world with which to better myself and help others learn the truth of themselves...even though, it was a world in twilight.

We surely must have known what was going to happen, but I don't feel it was despair that moved my people. We continued to honor our Gods and our kin until the very end...and, I sense duty continued afterwards, in some fashion.

I suppose to be brought here, I must have done something..why didn't I fade with the rest of my world? It is an intriguing mystery..."

"Perhaps there was still a faint hope left - a hope that you carried. This Guardian called for 'heroes' and if a man like me qualified, then surely you deserve the title too. Sooner or later, you'll remember what made you one."

Vahn finished off the last skewer as he thought.

"Perhaps our being here means our role as a hero in our own worlds have ended. I know I'm old enough that my time is done. And if you feel alive now - if you don't suffer this undeath you spoke of any longer, and you are a hero... perhaps in the end you brought life back to your world... like your siegbrau as made by someone else. Perhaps it's not the same as it used to be but there is something there now, where before there was nothing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 17, 2020, 10:33:16 am »

The summoned heroes had a chance to eat and rest, as well as repair their equipment. The rooms they had been shown to by Friedhelm were simple, and empty of any personal touches that would betray a previous occupant. A simple wall control had allowed them each to turn down the lights so that they could sleep. As conversation and preparation gave way to sleep, the building became deathly quiet. No sound came from beyond the barrier. The sleep did little to aid the group's collective memory problem.

Later, when everyone had woken once more, Friedhelm had gathered them all in the portal room again. He spoke to them with his back turned, manipulating the control table for the portal. "I hope you're all rested and ready to make another retrieval. We may be able to do a few today, in fact. There won't be any monsters to fight through, this time." There was a grinding of stone upon stone as Friedhelm worked. The green pool of the portal wavered and changed, but did not resolve into any landscape just yet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 17, 2020, 10:42:36 am »

Vahn had slept well enough. Talking with Iris had settled him a lot; knowing there was someone in this group with experiences similar to his own, who understood him... it was reassuring. He had still taken several minutes after waking to force his old bones to move; his body ached with the weight of aged wounds and injuries that had never properly been tended to. He had, again, found himself looking for things he didn't possess; herbs to dull the pain, a belled rosary - he couldn't remember why it was so important to him, but he knew if he had it, it would be a mental comfort.

"Perhaps not monsters, but if there were no fighting to be done you would have gotten these while we slept. So, what forces are arrayed against us?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 17, 2020, 10:56:45 am »

"I can't go through the portal without lowering the shield that keeps the forces of the War Breaker outside. It's not an option for me to go. But I don't think there should be anything, in this instance. Maybe some traps, or treacherous terrain, but that should be it, as best I can tell."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73