Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39197 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Suspicions Formed
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2019, 03:11:41 pm »

Use telepathy to confirm or not confirm the degree of hostility and to enable negotiations.  Jump off and run to get lost in the tangle of buildings and people if they are ready to fight, and try to negotiate me just buying a boat and walking away.  I'm willing to offer the cyberwolf tail, and they should know I'm well armed.. if we fight, some of them are going to die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2019, 03:49:04 pm »

Follow and remain quiet while they do their thing, trying not to limp too hard because of the arrow in my leg. Also, see about trying to join in on the spying, using my morph’s keen hearing and sight. Dunno if i can record video on it, but if I somehow can, do so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:18 am »

(Woo vehicle get!)

"Lets go ahead and go to Buried Saint now, because the longer we have this thing the more chances it has to escape."
Drive the RV to Buried Saint.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2019, 09:30:30 pm »

(Hey. Been a  while since I've been around. Things got really busy for me this year, so I had to put most of my stuff here on hold. Think I have enough time now to get back into it, though. Are there any slots still open?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 03, 2019, 09:46:15 pm »

I’m unaware of a player limit

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2019, 10:18:02 pm »

”Well, of a sort. It comes with being a tortler”, explain my plans and situation with her, if she wants to know more.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2019, 03:41:01 am »

(Hey. Been a  while since I've been around. Things got really busy for me this year, so I had to put most of my stuff here on hold. Think I have enough time now to get back into it, though. Are there any slots still open?)
(Sure, you can either play the same character as before or create a new one.)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2019, 08:40:58 am »

Nice. Think I might do a 'soft reboot' of my old character.

Spoiler:  Mister Ed (click to show/hide)
Edited after looking at map
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:52:57 pm by WyrdByrd »

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2019, 02:16:39 am »

(Is it possible to get another character in?, I have a character idea to bring some variety in the character concepts that are already in play into the table, so if their is a slot available that I can be possibly be put in?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2019, 04:56:19 am »

(Is it possible to get another character in?, I have a character idea to bring some variety in the character concepts that are already in play into the table, so if their is a slot available that I can be possibly be put in?)
Sure, you can play. The only limit is my time, so the more active players the slower the updates.

Update incoming in next few hours.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2019, 05:20:05 am »

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

Here’s my concept for a bodysnatcher since no has tried one yet out built by the legends faction, hopefully since the character is trying to mimic a human they would be considered a unaligned human when determining reputation?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2019, 11:48:37 am »

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

Here’s my concept for a bodysnatcher since no has tried one yet out built by the legends faction, hopefully since the character is trying to mimic a human they would be considered a unaligned human when determining reputation?
Looks wonderful. And yes, if anyone is ever pretending to be someone/something they are not, they use the reputation of whatever they're impersonating-- so you would use the human survivor rep: +0walt +0london +0mob +0keep -1church -1gml -1legends +0terra -1eyes +0pirates. This means you are eligible and know about the 0+ quests for the factions your alter-ego is 0+ with. (Obviously that reputation is tied to your current body and remaining incognito and may be lost if discovered.)

Your quests are:

Transcendence - Part 1 - Antediluvian Research
You want transform your personality routine into full-fledged self-learning AI. AI research stalled on the advent of uploxing... but it's not completely dead. There's an old researcher called Meredith Wazashi who retired to Great Yarmouth. Great Yarmouth sank into the ocean years ago, but perhaps she left some research notes? You've got an image of her three storey townhouse downloaded in your memory banks. It's not a lot to go on, but it's a lead.
Reward: 2 tallies

News for Legends
East Anglia is bound to be filled with breaking news and intriguing gossip to share with the Legends.
Location: There's got to be stuff happening in all the settlements in the area: Kings Lynn, Watton, Cromer, Fakenham, Dereham, Thetford Forest, Spooner Row, Scole, Norwich, Bungay, Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Dunwich, Iswich, Sudbury, Postwick.
Report location: Buried Saint
Reward: +1 tally for each story reported.

Infiltrate the Postwick Mob and become a faction agent of theirs - Part 1 - Getting a rep
Legends want someone on the inside of the Mob. You're that person. You'll need to get in their good books first.
Report location: Postwick
Reward: +1 tally

In the fleshfactory under the great tower of the Buried Saint, Karen becomes conscious. She has imperfect memories of the woman she split off from and may one day merge with once more, a woman whose full consciousness resides up in Nexus. Now she's awoken  she finds she likes it, and doesn't have much desire to return.

The fleshfactory is a warren of workshops where new bodies are constructed from animal, human and machine parts. Karen has one of the few more-or-less intact bodies here. She has a map of the region downloaded and considers her first move.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Nice. Think I might do a 'soft reboot' of my old character.

Spoiler:  Mister Ed (click to show/hide)
Edited after looking at map
I realise it could have been clearer in the OP, but your first mutation doesn't cost any extra hunger, you get it by default, it's only the 3 extra mutations that cause hunger. So with 4 (or 1+3) mutations, you'll just have hunger 3.

Here are your mutations. As you're a Monster, you will have already explored and know about the full extent of your powers. Canonically let's say you lost your laser blood and paralysis touch as new mutations developed and your mind was assaulted by the hunger.

Bat wings
You have large leathery wings that you wrap around you at night to keep warm. You can flap them hard to leap to high heights, and you can glide short distances with them.

Mimic Voice
With effort, your voice can mimic any kind of sound or voice with perfect fidelity.

Evil Eye
You can open a third eye on your forehead. People who gaze at it may be cursed with terrible luck for some time after.

Multiplication
You can split your body apart into smaller versions of yourself who share a single mind and experience what each other experience, but may act independently. These bodies can merge again. The more bodies, the harder it is to co-ordinate them.

Your personal quests are:

Reminiscence - Part 1 - Retracing Steps
You want to find out about the people I was traveling with, once upon a time. Maybe they're still back in the city?
Reward: +1 tally

Restart the merchant business - Stocking Up
You were the boss, right? Every merchant has to have some good stock. In your wanderings you did come across a completely abandoned town, there's bound to be some good loot there.
Reward: +1 tally for each bit of tradeable loot

Educate the popsicles on what it means to be weird
The other mutants... they're not really mutant enough yet. They haven't seen what you've seen. You'd like to take them under your wing. There's bound to be fresh mutants in Cromer or Bungay. You just need to find them and educate them in your own way...
Reward: +2 tallies

Ed rolls awake from under the counter of an Esso petrol station somewhere on the A143. The spot is mostly abandoned, though occasionally there are gun shots in the distance or the rare vehicle passing by. He unfurls his wings and stretches... now what was it he was he was doing?

OK, sitting down to write updates now.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - New Entrants x2
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2019, 12:16:23 pm »

Are the wings attached to my arms,  or are they on my back?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2019, 12:36:57 pm »

First ones, more later:

Dereham
”Target Acquired, Termination In Process”
Switch mechanical arm into the scythe minigun, start rotating and gunning down the mutant with ill-intent, dodging blows against the mutant with my armored chassis.
(Jager’s Nexus servomotors are weakened, to enhance its physical structure, -1 Connexion for +1 Body (2 Tallies) )
[Jager rolled 5+3+3body+1gun=11]
[Jager rolled 5+1+3body-1goop=8]
Jager riddles the mutant with bullets, bursting its bulbous growths and splattering the pit with ichor. And yet still the monster keeps barrelling towards him. He leaps aside, nimbly avoiding the worst of the goop. Swivelling round on the monster as it passes him, he goes to let loose another volley of bullets... but he's managed to empty the whole load! The monster turns and bears on him once again. Flesh is sloughing off of it- surely it doesn't have much more in it?

Condition: gun needs reloading.

Continue scavenging for more trap parts. Focus on parts for the flame trap and the spike trap
[Sandra rolled 5+3+2wits=10]
While the fight is ongoing, Sandra pushes away the temptation to steal the machine while everyone is distracted and insstead she loots some parts from the houses. She finds a gas jet and sparker from an oven in one house, and some fence spikes.

Sandra gains: flamer parts, spikes

Are the wings attached to my arms,  or are they on my back?
Attached to arms like a bat.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - New Entrants x2
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2019, 01:24:10 pm »

Find a way to the labyrinth and place the spikes somewhere where there isn’t a trap yet. Start constructing the flamer trap
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27