Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 114810 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2020, 09:14:58 pm »

Are we um, going a bit off-topic?

Right, so, can anyone explain what the melee to-hit bonus actually does?
It's just bonus accuracy and crit chance. You're less likely to miss and more likely to get a critical hit when you do hit something the higher the bonus is.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 13, 2020, 10:46:57 pm »

Are we um, going a bit off-topic?

Right, so, can anyone explain what the melee to-hit bonus actually does?

Game needs a poop mechanic so we can justify hording our sewage to convert into biofuel.  https://www.wired.com/2012/06/trash-biofuel/

And oc poop moats.  And poop-water cannons.  For fertilizing and agricultural means. >.> <.<
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2020, 12:57:34 am »

Right...eh...in any case I've merged that recent arcana update. I wanted to have a chance to add Sofia and Johnathan's next set of missions, but things kinda led to finding a lot of small improvemns, fixes, and stuff to add to the preceding mission and mapgen_update stuff along the way.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2020, 03:18:10 am »

This was merged, seemingly without any testing. If you have more perception than the contributor that merged it, you might know what they neglected.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #364 on: March 14, 2020, 07:25:58 am »

Also, it seems water now fills your hunger. Weird.

I donn't find it weird. Here, do this experiment next time you're hungry: Instead of eating, drink a lot of water (1.5l-2l). You'll soon find that you're not hungry anymore.

Hunger is a function of your nervous system detecting empty stomach, not actual need for nutrition.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2020, 07:44:39 am »

I donn't find it weird. Here, do this experiment next time you're hungry: Instead of eating, drink a lot of water (1.5l-2l). You'll soon find that you're not hungry anymore.

Hunger is a function of your nervous system detecting empty stomach, not actual need for nutrition.

I think I'm started to realize this. It feels like it's taking more food to fill my stomach than it used to. Any way to check more detailed hunger levels? Like calories needed or nutrition needed? I see all these nutrition stats on food now.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2020, 01:31:47 pm »

I think I'm started to realize this. It feels like it's taking more food to fill my stomach than it used to. Any way to check more detailed hunger levels? Like calories needed or nutrition needed? I see all these nutrition stats on food now.
Press '@' to look at your status. As long as your weight there is constantly flipping between Normal and Overweight, you are at roughly the perfect median. If you hit Underweight or Obese, you've gone too far with your diet.

For vitamin needs, you need to do the math so it adds up to roughly 100% every day. If you can't stand that, then you can just go into the mods folder and look for the novitamins mod and change the obsolete status from 'true' to 'false'. Don't expect that to keep working though, since obsoleted mods tend to stop working properly after a while.

anothersimulacrum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:53 pm »

This was merged, seemingly without any testing. If you have more perception than the contributor that merged it, you might know what they neglected.
I just tested, that did not occur. Are you sure there wasn't a mutation modifying your perception?

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 14, 2020, 07:17:01 pm »

I just tested, that did not occur. Are you sure there wasn't a mutation modifying your perception?
Unless Fast Metabolism and Bad Back are perception mutations now, no. It might just be because I used play now to save time and debugged everything in for testing in any case, so it should theoretically be irrelevant to normal gameplay if it only happens when you use debug installation or whatever it was called to magically stuff telescopes into your eyes.

If anyone can actually be bothered with looking into that though, then the culprit is 100% the forced removal of Avian Eyes, or rather the effects of having it.

Edit: Maybe it's been fixed in the last 29 hours since I downloaded my version. Who even knows with all the changes going through. I mean, I didn't even notice that bows had 20+ damage for the last two weeks until I made one just now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:22:31 pm by duckman »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 15, 2020, 08:26:06 am »

So it looks like the Leadworks future guns were removed somewhat recently. What's the easiest way to add them back in for myself? I've been playing in this world for a while, so a whole bunch of them has already been generated, and it's going to be weird to be finding 9mm pistols with 7-round 1911 magazines loaded with 12 rounds of .460 Rowland.

anothersimulacrum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2020, 12:06:05 pm »

The easiest way would be to use git to revert commits 2ade2b02653a991c7457074f6b71689809eb331b, ff95f8057cdb87561e33778669631d91e2cd7d6d, and 79475135812e1e1a85dfa6d1f3585c6898971f64.

The best way to do it would be to look at what changed in 79475135812e1e1a85dfa6d1f3585c6898971f64, then reintroduce the guns, mags, and mods with different ids and insert them back into the itemgroups.

Though for an existing world, you'd need to disable the migrations, so reverting those commits would be easiest, because that's not something a mod can do.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 12:12:12 pm by anothersimulacrum »

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 15, 2020, 01:05:21 pm »

I guess it's time to (re)learn Git then.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 15, 2020, 01:16:27 pm »

Oh man, you have been moving saves into updated versions?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 15, 2020, 01:37:47 pm »

Of course. What, you expect me to start over from a fresh world every time I upgrade?
Save compatibility is honestly pretty good overall. It didn't even break this time, there were just some changes I didn't like.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 15, 2020, 01:39:20 pm »

How often do you update?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57