Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 114812 times)

anothersimulacrum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #390 on: March 16, 2020, 08:50:07 pm »

You want a hand drill or a cordless drill. A hardware store is probably a good place to go looking for those.
You should also check out this site - it's incredibly useful.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2020, 10:13:55 pm »

Also likely the first game I've ever played where a shopping cart feels like a superpower.
You should look into NEO Scavenger for a place where shopping carts are also a superpower :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2020, 10:24:35 pm »

Can you place constructions under vehicles?
I can't test it because I already walked back. Took a few hours.
Last I checked yea.  I remember filling in deep holes when they spawned and my tires were in it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2020, 02:12:25 am »

So, I just murdered a few animals, and I definitely can't eat it all, because it only have a shelf life of what, one or two days? So does not butchering the corpse preserve it for longer? Also, should I do this "field dress" butchery? Apparently it makes the corpse longer to rot, but I'm not sure if that will really do that.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2020, 11:07:55 am »

Unrefrigerated meat just doesn't last long. You could smoke it. Leaving the corpse without dressing it makes it last even less time, but field dressing only usually buys you time to transport it to your butchery setup, it's not a means of meat preservation for the long term.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2020, 11:27:20 am »

How do you do it though? I can't get an answer from the wiki.

Oh, and while you are at it, can you list all the ways to preserve food?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2020, 12:14:30 pm »

When you butcher something, a menu comes up, right? simple, full, dismember, dissect, etc, right? One of the options is field dressing.

Preserving food... Canning, salting, smoking, freezing, vacuum packing... Any others? Turning it into a food that lasts seasons(jerky, pemmican) is an option
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2020, 12:16:38 pm »

I looked up a guide to field dressing.  oof tying intestines
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2020, 07:26:36 pm »

When you butcher something, a menu comes up, right? simple, full, dismember, dissect, etc, right? One of the options is field dressing.
Yes, I know that. I was asking about smoking meat.
Preserving food... Canning, salting, smoking, freezing, vacuum packing... Any others? Turning it into a food that lasts seasons(jerky, pemmican) is an option
Well, I was asking for specific instructions. Which one is most accessible early game?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2020, 08:00:02 pm »

Well, I was asking for specific instructions. Which one is most accessible early game?

I'd probably say salting.  Cooking 3 lets you turn meat chunks into Meat jerky with just a fire next to some salt water, so it is by far the easiest to set up I would say.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2020, 08:20:31 pm »

I'd probably say salting.  Cooking 3 lets you turn meat chunks into Meat jerky with just a fire next to some salt water, so it is by far the easiest to set up I would say.
You can find salt water tiles in swamp squares.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2020, 11:36:38 pm »

Otherwise, smokers. The portable ones are an option, if a bit of a pain. You can find the built ones in butcher shops and some derilict barns, the main problem is finding charcoal fer them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2020, 07:15:31 am »

I'm thinking about getting into this game again. Anyone have any suggestions where's a good guide? All the stuff I search is a little outdated.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2020, 10:46:27 am »

I'm thinking about getting into this game again. Anyone have any suggestions where's a good guide? All the stuff I search is a little outdated.

Look up stuff as you find it. That's the second bit of advice I can give. The first is to learn the keys, as always with ascii games.
https://cdda-trunk.chezzo.com/

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 20, 2020, 07:12:11 pm »

I’d say Vormithrax’s videos (Cataclysm University and Cataclysm Quick Tips) are pretty helpful as well.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57