Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead  (Read 116172 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2020, 02:05:09 am »

Soon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2020, 02:13:09 am »

Clap.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2020, 09:19:58 am »

Is it just me or did someone nerf the makeshift crowbar MASSIVELY?
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2020, 09:23:43 am »

lacking block was what made the crowbar ungood, imo.  I 100% prefered nailboard or even just holding a 2x4 and fleeing to using the makeshift crowbar.

did it have a tag.removed.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:57 am »

Is it just me or did someone nerf the makeshift crowbar MASSIVELY?

Devs did a 'nerf an option into being completely useless vs giving it drawbacks relative to the item's value in the progression of a character.'

Instead of say, I don't know, making the makeshift crowbar likely to be damaged or be louder than a normal one, they decided to make it only usable on crates and manholes now.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2020, 11:00:06 am »

Which seems kinda silly, because a crate is going to be nailed together and will most likely have a tighter fit than the gap between a door and its frame...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2020, 04:53:48 pm »

Which seems kinda silly, because a crate is going to be nailed together and will most likely have a tighter fit than the gap between a door and its frame...
Ah, but game balance comes before realism! ;P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2020, 05:09:16 pm »

Devs should camp out in the inner city for one night.  The ones who survive will do a much better job with balancing realism vs. game balance.  :P

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2020, 05:26:38 pm »

Didn't someone mention the same thing recently but with a  camping trip.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2020, 05:55:29 pm »

Meanwhile...

The magitech update is now up, self-PR'd here so I can get feedback: https://github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod/pull/148

A lot of content spoilers abound in that PR's OP, basic summary is:

1. Various recipes involving combining science with the arcane to produce exotic weapons, tools, even vehicleparts.
2. Expanded use of essence as a power solution for various processes. Conversion into CBM power, vehicle power, creating essence from other power sources, etc.
3. Bionics content as well, most aiming to do things that should make them reasonably interesting and useful.
4. Further fleshing out of mapgen variant stuff to add a few scattered signs of this cutting-edge science intersecting with the Beyond in some locations, with more planned.

This will also help set things up for a planned mission chain fleshing out the Arcane Purifiers, as they're closely tied to magitech stuff.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 01, 2020, 04:57:34 pm »

It looks like the pry value on the makeshift crowbar was dropped sometime back in December or so, if that's what you mean. Prying open modern exterior doors with a crowbar is a difficult to impossible task; in general I think we'd prefer a more robust b&e system in the long run.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 01, 2020, 06:35:09 pm »

Also in today's news, MST Extra now fixes the butchering issues caused by https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/42372

1. Quick butchering has now been set to not require a surface, because being able to butcher a carcass in its own skin is something humans have been doing since prehistoric times, and the tedium this added was a bit much.
2. Toned down the surface requirements for dissection. Large creatures now only need a surface quality of 2, allowing basically any usable flat surface, while small creatures don't need a surface requirement at all. You're not trying to yank out delicious meat, you're poking around for dirty organs and CBMs.
3. As a side effect, this also fixes dismembering zombies. I'm guessing based on this that dissection uses the same qualities as quick butchering, but needless to say you don't need a fancy tarp if all you're going to do is messily hack apart a zed so it won't get back up.
4. Speaking of fancy tarps, added an override for tarpaulins adding surface quality, because the PR that added it to other sheet/tarp items overlooked it.

Commit is here: https://github.com/chaosvolt/MST_Extra_Mod/commit/3454eeb4754833cba216229e21b148750ff16656
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 01, 2020, 07:40:11 pm »

Well, then I guess makeshift lockpicks are the way to go now.
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 01, 2020, 07:49:45 pm »

Well, then I guess makeshift lockpicks are the way to go now.

Those require a proper hacksaw to make now.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2020, 09:11:37 pm »

I guess its the good ole' smashy smashy?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57