Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423657 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: SARS Harder
« Reply #690 on: March 11, 2020, 08:14:33 am »

Remember that it is acceptable to wipe down most phones with hand sani/high proof alcohol.

Forget the phone, and just give me the high-proof. I'll entertain myself.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 11, 2020, 10:18:26 am »

They were gonna hold a Coronavirus conference in the city today.
It got cancelled because of Coronavirus
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 11, 2020, 10:44:58 am »

Apparently Youtube is demonitizing videos that mention "Virus" or "Corona Virus" or "Covid" or "outbreak."

I get it. Advertisers don't want their ads associated with those videos, and Youtube doesn't want to reward people who are getting views based on fear and possibly spreading misinformation. But man is it a bad look.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 11, 2020, 10:52:56 am »

I don't suppose it's possible that some of the increase in cases could be due to recently expanded testing?

We just tested this 1 person who probably only came in after carrying/spreading the virus around for a few days cause they got the short stick and the virus hit them badly.
How many others around this 1 person who got it, but can still function normally or were just facing 'mild flu-like symptoms' and suffered through it the True Murrican Way.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 11, 2020, 10:53:52 am »

Apparently Youtube is demonitizing videos that mention "Virus" or "Corona Virus" or "Covid" or "outbreak."

I get it. Advertisers don't want their ads associated with those videos, and Youtube doesn't want to reward people who are getting views based on fear and possibly spreading misinformation. But man is it a bad look.
Finally, my Resident Evil: Outbreak File 1 speedruns are free of capitalist scum
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2020, 11:38:15 am »

How many others around this 1 person who got it, but can still function normally or were just facing 'mild flu-like symptoms' and suffered through it the True Murrican Way.

Depends on the income level in the area. Bad-paying jobs usually also have shit insurance, so anything not immediately life-threatening is easier to just ignore.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 11, 2020, 11:56:51 am »

WHO says we pandemic now

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 11, 2020, 12:36:43 pm »

WHO says we pandemic now

Did they have Dr. Jimmy Break the News?

I Can Explain the bad joke; I've Been Away. Fine, I just like jokes that are Pure and Easy.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

First death in Ireland. I’m going to start the self isolation at the end of the week, and several others in the village have already locked themselves up. My Uncle has started coming to me for food because he doesn’t think that the Village Deli has high enoughh hygene standards. Discussing the merits of roll20 with my D&D group. Regretting not going to Limerick to buy a gas mask.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Discussing the merits of roll20 with my D&D group.

It's fine as long as you don't try to use the die roller. Unless you like extremely streaky dice. Just rolling the same number literally half the time.

I think IRC with a dice bot is still better, but Discord is a more modern (both good and bad) version of that.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Denmark (my country) is closing down.  :(
We are now at 514 infected (of 6 millions), but that is doubled from just yesterday.
So the prime minister (and top officials) were on short notice TV activating restrictions in place, closing most public work, asking everyone that can work from home to do so, and closing all schools and education from Monday.
2 weeks for now, but with the expectation that updates will follow, so I hear it as effectively 'until further notice'.

The somewhat scary fact (but good, that the fact is acknowledged and reacted upon) is that we have effectively already lost the fight. I.e. it is officially no longer the policy to 'contain and isolate', but to slow down the spread rate, so the medical logistic has a chance of keeping up. We have entered the war of attrition.

Personally I not in any particular danger if/when Corona comes to me, so don't worry for me.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Sweden had their first death today, and the government officially forbade gatherings of groups of more than 500 people. Which is a pretty huge deal, Sweden has extensive rights of assembly.  But I think most people will understand that it's not exactly your average day.

Still not many cases where I'm from, so I'm not gonna start hamstring toilet paper yet.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Still not many cases where I'm from, so I'm not gonna start hamstring toilet paper yet.

Meanwhile I went to buy toilet paper yesterday and the shelves at the grocery store near my place were almost completely bare.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

What is it with toilet paper specifically, why not food or water?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I think it's toilet paper specifically because of what happened in Hong Kong.
Earlier on, when Hong Kong was dealing with the outbreak a rumor went around about a possible shortage of toilet paper. This lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy as everyone there bought up supplies en-masse. This subsequently made world news and seeded itself in public conscious. Then when the virus turned up locally, people thought "I gotta buy toilet paper before it runs out like in Hong Kong!". This then becomes self sustaining as people not in the know sees lots of other people buying toilet paper and join it as to not miss out.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 459