Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423715 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: SARS-Cov-2: Coronavirus World Tour 2020
« Reply #1455 on: March 22, 2020, 01:20:44 pm »

Germany will survive this crisis handily, as there is nothing they love more than obnoxiously following rules.

They do like rules, but they also don't like to be told what to do. German is a land of contrasts.

Edit: MFer just said mental viruses.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1241415953994268673

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 22, 2020, 01:23:33 pm »

Broken link.'violation of network protocols'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 22, 2020, 01:27:09 pm »

In Spain a 77 year old was arrested for being outside playing pokemon go. There are a lot of brainless people  around.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:06 pm »

Greece is going in complete lockdown. Starting tommorow we are going into curfew and anyone going outside their home will have to have a permit.

:(
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 22, 2020, 02:29:44 pm »

Already one week of curfew. So far, it's fine for me. I have quite a lot of work, but you have to be organized if you want to live it well !

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 22, 2020, 03:17:49 pm »

I take back what I said about my fellow countrymen mostly keeping to the voluntary social isolation.
Mayors and government officials had to close down roads today to stop people from flocking to the beach, and our national nature preservation organistation, Natuurmonumenten, had to beg people to stop going to our nature parks and preserves, because they were overcrowding.
Has to be said that most of these activities took place in the northern provinces, where the virus has not, or barely appeared yet. Over here in the south the streets are mostly empty.
Thanks, idiots, if you keep this up we will have mandatory curfews soon.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Hydrocyanide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 22, 2020, 03:24:07 pm »

Today I found myself thinking that the sky looked bigger than usual, and the reason for that just hit me: Due to nearly all flights being cancelled, there are no contrails anymore.

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 22, 2020, 03:28:34 pm »

School suspension in Poland extended till Easter.

----

I wonder whatever it would be useful to send official request (just from me, via officially signed letter) to the government to request lowering allowed gathering size from 50 to something lower.

I did it multiple times with local government and with things where just reporting/requesting fix was likely to result in effects. But maybe in this case it would be a good idea to try it with something larger.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 22, 2020, 03:29:21 pm »

Greece is going in complete lockdown. Starting tommorow we are going into curfew and anyone going outside their home will have to have a permit.

:(
Really, it's for the best. We have to stop this.

A glimmer of hope: in Spain the daily increases have slowed down two days in a row. Maybe we *are* flattening the curve.
There's a risk that qe're actually bursting through the seams and missing cases but I hope we are not as testing is actually increasing in most Spain. I wanr

The global peak is supposed to happen mid to late april. In the region I am is supposed to happen in 8-12 days. We'll see

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 22, 2020, 03:33:54 pm »

Today I found myself thinking that the sky looked bigger than usual, and the reason for that just hit me: Due to nearly all flights being cancelled, there are no contrails anymore.
Over here I can smell the difference. The air has become that much cleaner.

The cynical part of me thinks that I should take advantage and try to catch the virus right now, before we get back to polluting the air YOLO style.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 22, 2020, 03:39:23 pm »

The first corona case has been reported in Syria. If there are 3 more, the country will have run out of respirators, for nationwide there are 4 available in the single remaining hospital that has IC capability.
(Nearly all other hospitals in the country with 18 million inhabitants have been destroyed in 9 years of war).
6.2 million people in Syria are living in refugee camps, where social distancing is impossible.

EDIT: Meanwhile in Italy, the number of dead in 24h yet again increased. In the past 24h, nearly 800 people died, bringing the total death toll up to 5476.
One third of all the corona dead in the world are now in Italy.
60 thousand people have now been tested positive, of whom 7024 have recovered.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 03:50:44 pm by martinuzz »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 22, 2020, 03:50:23 pm »

Over here I can smell the difference. The air has become that much cleaner.

The cynical part of me thinks that I should take advantage and try to catch the virus right now, before we get back to polluting the air YOLO style.
Actually the worst moment these days. If you happen to draw an unlucky card and be one of the porcentually few but in absolute numbers huge number of people with complications and need of medical attention....

I think we all need to be careful overall. Once this is done, weŽll still need to be careful. But these next few weeks will be the worst.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 22, 2020, 03:58:21 pm »

Dutch police has issued a warning to be wary of fake news.
On social media, trolls have spread a fake message stating that tonight, all streets will be locked down for a joint operation between police and air force to 'decontaminate the entire country'.
Because the message is shown with the official police logo, police deemed it nescessary to issue the warning.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 22, 2020, 04:20:22 pm »

I just hope that it will be enough.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 22, 2020, 04:58:09 pm »

I just hope that it will be enough.
Me too.
I cried yesterday when I heard the Italians had to change tracks because their measurrs werent working fast enough
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 459