Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423646 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19: Super Stay Home Edition
« Reply #2145 on: April 06, 2020, 01:26:01 pm »

One more county in Florida with a confirmed case. Four more to go to have officially hit every single county in the state!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 06, 2020, 01:33:41 pm »

Playing infection bingo are we?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 06, 2020, 01:37:47 pm »

Yeah, more or less. Not sure what the plan is when the counter hits 0, other than be mildly sad. It's kinda meaningless -- there's no chance in hell the last four counties don't have infected, so this is just an official numbers thing -- but it's something to do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 06, 2020, 03:06:42 pm »

He had tweeted on Monday that he was in "good spirits" after moving to the Hospital on Sunday, allegedly for "testing". Gotta say it's looking rough for him, he's following the trendline of cases which go poorly.

Yet still Foreign Minister Raab is not leading the government in his absence, and they claim he is in control enough to work from bed. Just comes off looking like denial.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 06, 2020, 03:15:53 pm »

maybe he can take out a small business loan
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 06, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »

He had tweeted on Monday that he was in "good spirits" after moving to the Hospital on Sunday, allegedly for "testing". Gotta say it's looking rough for him, he's following the trendline of cases which go poorly.

Yet still Foreign Minister Raab is not leading the government in his absence, and they claim he is in control enough to work from bed. Just comes off looking like denial.
Just wanted to point out that any semi-important politician has a community manager..

I was suspecting it from the start.... this while thing about going to the hospital "for tests". It doesnt compute. I also thought if he was half OK he'd have done a photo op by now.

My guess? He's already intubated
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 06, 2020, 03:46:35 pm »

Turns out this whole thing was a ploy to get him out of the whole Brexit situation, who'd have thunk it :V
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 06, 2020, 03:51:35 pm »

In all honesty, the post-COVID economic crisis will make Brexit look like small potatoes.

I'm not even sure either the EU or the UK *can* afford any sort of Brexit at present. It was going to be economically bad for everyone by default, and right now it looks like both problems might compound each other.

I'd not be surprised if they decided to leave everything on standby for a few years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 06, 2020, 03:52:39 pm »

Turns out this whole thing was a ploy to get him out of the whole Brexit situation, who'd have thunk it :V
I would have thought that David "It's 2020 and I'm still reminding you that David Cameron fucked a dead pig in his fraternity" Cameron would forever be the PM who most completely avoided the consequences of his government, but here comes BORIS with the steel chair his ventilator is sitting on.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 06, 2020, 03:59:52 pm »

I would have thought that David "It's 2020 and I'm still reminding you that David Cameron fucked a dead pig in his fraternity" Cameron would forever be the PM who most completely avoided the consequences of his government, but here comes BORIS with the steel chair his ventilator is sitting on.
YTF would anyone F a pig carcass?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 06, 2020, 04:06:11 pm »

Because they could?
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 06, 2020, 04:27:23 pm »

Hey don't kinkshame people

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 06, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »

I don't think he fucked it, he just put his penis in it.

Where the distinction lies, I do not know.

Also, what else is he supposed to do while at university?

Also also, maybe Boris Johnson bragging about shaking hands with covid-19 patients and then getting sick with it will help people realise quite how stupid he is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 06, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »

The basic idea of such things when done by fraternities is to peer pressure people into doing something to force group bonding, for the sick amusement of the older fraternity members, to ensure everyone has dirt on each other to enforce lifelong cooperation with each other and other terrible reasons.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 459