Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423761 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm fully vaxxed - the Chinese "vero-vax"  I think? Second shot definitely had some aches, headaches, and exhaustion, but glad to be done until a booster comes out. Blessed ease of mind.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Since I was double-dosed way back in Feb, I have been wondering when the appropriate time for the booster is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I had my two shots in May

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

My wife grandma survived covid, despite having a blood pressure and cardiac conditions and a lot of other things against, we are really happy.

We could not have the shots before they rolled the Cuban thing. We'll wait till we can get the Russian or Chinese ones and be sure is the thing.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Went to Texas last week to implement a new business. Was supposed to go back next week to actually take them live.

Within that time frame, two of the primary people at the business came down with covid so the go-live was pushed back two weeks.

At least one of these guys was in a conference room with 8 other people from another business for hours and hours.

Goddamn am I glad I got vaccinated. Curious to see what everyone's reactions are when we're back on site. Half tempted to go get tested even then.

Wondering if the "Polo and slacks" crowd got vaccinated while the "jeans and work boots" people did not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:13:13 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

We could not have the shots before they rolled the Cuban thing.

I don't think tobacco products are an effective protection against COVID.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's maybe more politics than Covid, but honestly you could hardly make up the current situation with the mess the top UK government bods got themselves in...

The satirists are doubtless apoplectically happy.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Went to Texas last week to implement a new business.

Yeah, Texas isn't a good place for being healthy. Last I saw, they had counties who managed 2% infection in 2 weeks, and I don't think you can get tested outside of a hospital (and nobody would do it outside of a hospital anyway, as they believe it's either ended or was never real).

Wondering if the "Polo and slacks" crowd got vaccinated while the "jeans and work boots" people did not.

I've seen more opposition from office workers. People who have gotten it and know people who got it (people who had to stay at work and work with the public; so lower-paid workers) were more likely to get the vax if they were given the opportunity. There's also been a lot of effort to keep service workers from getting the vaccine, because they're considered less important.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

It's maybe more politics than Covid, but honestly you could hardly make up the current situation with the mess the top UK government bods got themselves in...

The satirists are doubtless apoplectically happy.
They've seemed almost depressed over the last few years, actually. Reality's been one upping them :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A thought just occurred to me, it might be slightly random but it’s about viruses so maybe it goes here? I wonder if it would be possible to genetically engineer a protein that attaches to a virus so it can’t finish making itself before leaving, then putting the genes used in s cell so it makes said enzyme…of course such proteins would be different for different viruses. It might help because if enough viral proteins are replaced with the “false” one, its surface proteins might not be able to attach, so even if the cell bursts, the viruses won’t be able to enter other cells since their shell has no surface proteins (not sure if shell  is the proper word, capsule, that’s it, not shell)
Surface proteins wouldn’t be able to connect to this new protein. While this wouldn’t prevent the cell from breaking, it would make it harder for the virus to infect new cells. If the viruses are super unlucky, they could get all of the capsule replaced with the new protein and get no surface proteins. Maybe I should put this in the Random Thoughts thread too

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

That sort of thing has been seriously discussed. It is almost certainly beyond our capability to engineer, and would have a very high risk of shifting toward infecting living cells. You'd probably wind up creating a new super-plague.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-
what happened? You don’t have to post it again but why did you delete this?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frequently when I delete my posts, it's just because I think I've rashly posted something stupid and I don't want to be criticized for it.

Basically, I was posting my own idea, but then after thinking it through I thought "Oh wait, my idea is just worse and more complicated vaccination..."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m curious what that is. You won’t know what people will think of an idea until you post it. I have many posts on the forum with spelling g errors either by autocorrupt or my own errors because of fast typing or nit checking before pressing post
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 459