Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421433 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:Son of the Mask edition
« Reply #5835 on: September 07, 2021, 04:17:38 pm »

meh it's the tale hunters like to tell,meanwhile many places feed the deer in winter so they have something to shootey shootey
I think there's truth to it, anectodaly I've seen some pretty intense deer overpopulation on the suburban edge of a city.  On the other hand, even though I haven't heard of feeding, local hunting schedules are obviously designed to keep the populations reasonably high for continued sport (particularly by restricting doe-shooting to certain days).

I'm okay with it as long as the meat gets eaten (I used to help certain family members with that part) but the populations are kept artificially high purely to keep the sport fun.  So eh, it's vastly more humane than factory farming.

I guess somewhat more on topic, I'm still kinda upset about the Primus concert that visited recently.  My dad and I almost got tickets, but I'm glad we didn't.  I assumed the ampitheater would be like... half capacity for social distancing, or something.  Very much not the case.  I managed to sneak a couple pictures through a hole in the curtain wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was already in a pretty weird sad-nostalgic mood going through the downtown nightlife, seeing all the restaurants with their packed "outdoor" seating enclosed by plastic sheets and such.  I can certainly understand people taking such a risk occasionally to preserve their sanity... guilty... but everything seemed as busy as it ever had been. 

*sigh*

It was depressing, my dad helped me feel better somehow, the music was nice, and it isn't the fault of the people having fun any more than it's my fault.  There are people at fault, very deliberately spreading information they know is false, and... like, as a baseline thing, we should probably get them to stop actively doing it?  Can we at least do that?  They deserve the Hague, but maybe we could remove the profit motive for shilling for a respiratory virus.

Literal.  Fucking.  Death cult.  But also they're just following the money, agh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: September 07, 2021, 07:33:14 pm »

hihi I snuck into a paid event with my dad too recently (ಠ_ಠ) ノ\(ಠ_ಠ)
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: September 07, 2021, 07:54:03 pm »

Heh yeah on a more positive note, we used to do that a lot.  Whether just loitering/walking near live music, or him showing me good spots to observe from the tops of parking decks or whatnot.  My favorite was up in the mountains, we snuck into an empty football stadium and watched a baseball game from the top of the fully dark stands - to see a baseball game from reverse.  We were like, right behind the floodlights.  And despite being an inherently bad game, this particularly match was really close with a final inning upset, and I unironically enjoyed it.

Hanging out with him can be awkward sometimes, there's a *lot* of stuff and... stuff, but I feel like we both recovered some willpower points from that whole evening.  I mean- well both the one years ago and the one a few days ago.

Anyway yeah offering deadly medical advice IS actually a crime and the people doing it should be put in jail (or simply issued C&D) so they stop hurting people, and people should be afraid to platform them uncritically (AKA be complicit in the very real death and suffering they cause).  Maybe you can't prove they're lying, so let's just go for deadly criminal incompetence and shut them down.
(A couple more family members with Covid recently, probably caught it from their kids.  I'm not feeling particularly both-sidesy about this.  Stop fucking killing people you shills Stop the shills from killing people, NOW)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: September 08, 2021, 04:17:21 am »

I got that shot thing everybody else has been posting that they've gotten.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: September 08, 2021, 05:59:31 am »

Yay!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:28 am »

Yay!!!!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: September 08, 2021, 10:16:56 am »

¿¡Yay!?

(While I'm here adding more noise to signal, just gonna say I'm glad I was injected into my left arm, both times, or else I'd have felt a right prick.)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: September 08, 2021, 10:29:53 am »

hehe i was all prepared in my head "im going to be a smartass and give them my left arm" before learning that's merely standard procedure  ::)
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: September 08, 2021, 10:31:34 am »

You should be asked and get it on your not dominant arm.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: September 08, 2021, 12:40:54 pm »

More important is whether you sleep on that arm, at least in my experience.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: September 08, 2021, 01:25:10 pm »

Yeah I got them on the arm I sleep on, my non-dominant arm, because the pain means its working I figured it'd be like massaging it.
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: September 08, 2021, 09:31:30 pm »

My favorite was up in the mountains, we snuck into an empty football stadium and watched a baseball game from the top of the fully dark stands - to see a baseball game from reverse.  We were like, right behind the floodlights.  And despite being an inherently bad game, this particularly match was really close with a final inning upset, and I unironically enjoyed it.

he he, I know that spot.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: September 09, 2021, 01:37:06 am »

They asked when I got it, and I had it in the right as it's not my dominant.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: September 09, 2021, 10:02:41 am »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:23:29 am by Starver »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:49 pm »

Some passively dangerous idiots branch out into actively dangerous idiocy...

Could be a hoax. Someone on twitter did some digging: https://twitter.com/troonpilled/status/1436001194627960835

Source is definitely biased, but the info dug up is enough to be suspicious of the one who reported it.

Evidence wasn't preserved, but the authorities have CCTV footage, so I guess we'll find out one way or another.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:36:33 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 459