Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421432 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19:New Year, New Variant Edition
« Reply #6405 on: February 09, 2022, 05:14:10 pm »

They went to the best pharmacy then.
I'll give you a clue

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: February 09, 2022, 05:21:47 pm »

To guess which pharma the rep was from? I'd guess Bedocran then haha
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: February 09, 2022, 05:47:38 pm »

Mask mandates are lifting in my state again in a week. God yes. So excited to never wear these little shits again.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: February 09, 2022, 05:56:37 pm »

Not that I'm going to tell you what to do, if your own leadership has decided to no longer do it, but is there any reason why you wouldn't keep on behaving precautionarily anyway, for at least a month or three. I'm still wearing a mask in the shops I visit, basically for the potential benefit of others, even though not everyone is so inclined so maybe I'm powerless to stop others passing anything on. And I probably will do for a while yet.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: February 09, 2022, 05:59:28 pm »

Because I don't like them, because I don't need them, because they are safety theater with no benefits beyond letting people pretend they're being safe. I'm vaccinated and boosted, if I get sick it'll be a minor case at worst, and I'm willing to accept that minor risk for the benefit of not wearing these cloying little pieces of trash anymore.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: February 09, 2022, 06:04:23 pm »

You don't wear a facemask to protect yourself, you wear it to protect others. It's designed to keep your spittle to yourself.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: February 09, 2022, 06:06:11 pm »

Cool, if people want to avoid that, they can avoid going out to public places then. The moment the mandate is gone, I'm never putting a mask on again except in businesses that require it. And if the last time it was lifted is any indication, no businesses will require it.

I'm very done with safety theater.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: February 09, 2022, 06:12:04 pm »

So because you can't stand wearing a piece of cloth or paper in front of your mouth and nose for a few minutes when you are in public places, other people should just isolate themselves at home?
That sounds rather disproportional don't you think?

It's not like you are being asked to walk around with a dildo in your ass and 220 volt titty clamps. It's just a thin piece of cloth that is in no way bothersome or encumbering.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: February 09, 2022, 06:15:06 pm »

[2] I can roll off the alphanumeric serial#, but the first bit is obvious, the second bit happens to make a nice pattern and the third element (that could be much more random) happens to look meaningful, to me, so much so that I thought it actually meant something when I first received it in the form of a Provisional (i.e. learner's) License, oh so many years ago. It's hard to forget it, not that I expect to be asked for it (license or 'number'). But then my National Insurance number (SSN, for 'Merkins, not sure about you other Yurrupeans) is nowhere near as memorable (nor a photocard) or often actually used for anything, but I still inexicably recall it easily on demand. I thought I knew my youth-hostel membership card number, too, but after a decade or two of non-use (but it being a Lifetime Membership, subscribed to back in the '70s, still valid) they might have changed something in their database, making the one on my card invalid though they could still look me up on their now computerised system.

Random number stuff is weird sometimes. When we have elections you get an invitation for it with some sort of identification number. The voting paper itself does not have an ID on it, but this invitation does. It's not used anywhere else that I'm aware of, but when I moved into the place I now live and elections arrived I was surprised to find out that my number for the election was 0000000000001 (not sure about the number of zeroes there, but it was a lot) It stayed that way for several elections. A while ago it changed to a random number.
I actually liked being citizen 1, and it got some surprised ooh's and ah's from the people that check the invitation and ID at the voting boot.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: February 09, 2022, 06:16:33 pm »

So because you can't stand wearing a piece of cloth or paper in front of your mouth and nose for a few minutes when you are in public places, other people should just isolate themselves at home?
That sounds rather disproportional don't you think?

It's not like you are being asked to walk around with a dildo in your ass and 220 volt titty clamps. It's just a thin piece of cloth that is in no way bothersome or encumbering.

The mask mandates are lifting. Obviously the health officials don't believe it's as big a deal as you do. I'm going to follow the science. :)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: February 09, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »

You're not following science, your following emotions and politicians.

Science still tells us we are not through this pandemic yet, and science still tells us facemasks contribute to reducing the spread significantly.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: February 09, 2022, 06:26:37 pm »

Science tells us that this is an endemic now, and it's never going away.

If the health officials say it's good enough, then it's good enough for me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: February 09, 2022, 06:32:55 pm »

Because I don't like them, because I don't need them, because they are safety theater with no benefits beyond letting people pretend they're being safe. I'm vaccinated and boosted, if I get sick it'll be a minor case at worst, and I'm willing to accept that minor risk for the benefit of not wearing these cloying little pieces of trash anymore.
This is all obviously untrue but I'm not going to bother reposting what has been posted a hundred times here, and clearly the will of the majority is to unlock achievements by repeated covid infection so whats the point. You do you. I'll continue wearing my ffp3. 👍🏻👍🏻
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: February 09, 2022, 06:34:05 pm »

You do you. I'll continue wearing my ffp3. 👍🏻👍🏻

Exactly! I do me, you do you. If you feel the need to continue wearing a mask, go for it. But I'm not gonna, when I no longer am required to.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: February 09, 2022, 07:46:18 pm »

If the health officials say it's good enough, then it's good enough for me.
...though you sound like someone who didn't think that it was good enough for you when the health officials were saying otherwise.

What you have is not a pure health assessment, but what happens when the health assessment is no longer strong enough to overcome the populist opinion. I'll bet ya that the true opinion of the advisors, behind meeting room doors, is that it would be generally better to continue, but they're under pressure to compromise this opinion because less informed opinions want 'normality'.

Which means the recovery curve will stay plateaued (or even blip upwards a bit) compared to how it could have been if everyone could give it another month or so of (frankly) trivial caution.

So little inconvenience, for most people, but it seems to be a hill they want to die on (hopefully not literally, but it still might be for some) just for bravado purposes.

Like I said, I won't tell you what to do, but I think you're overly eager to fricassee your facemask.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 459