00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240372 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #825 on: March 19, 2020, 07:59:44 am »

attempt to train matter manipulation, this time get a liquid and try messing with that, similar to how we messed with metsl
+1

In addition, if not completely spent by that test, attempt to create a self-propelling bolt of fire.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 19, 2020, 11:24:25 am »

[9] You hold a cup of water in your hand and try to focus your will towards it. You try to shift it-- hey it moved-- no, wait, that was just your hand moving a little. Nothing happens. Something about it is too...heavy.

[15]On a whim, and in a well ventilated area, you separate out the hydrogen from it, and try to push it forward while igniting it.

[7]It's hard to control once it leaves a certain radius of your body, but it ignites in a small ball of fire and water droplets. It's a possibility, you realize, but it's difficult to keep your focus as it moves further away from.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:51:22 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 19, 2020, 12:40:41 pm »

Water has a lot of hydrogen in it... we might be well served to practice this further. Think of the power we could hold over a proper body of water!

Let's wait a bit, take a minute to touch base with Emma. Do we still have that folder the Pontifex gave us to look over?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 19, 2020, 02:04:53 pm »

Water has a lot of hydrogen in it... we might be well served to practice this further. Think of the power we could hold over a proper body of water!

Let's wait a bit, take a minute to touch base with Emma. Do we still have that folder the Pontifex gave us to look over?
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 19, 2020, 03:04:29 pm »

[-] Stifling a yawn, you leave the training room and head towards Emma's room, only to find it empty. You return to your own room, and despite never having been given it, you find the folder securely beneath a spare uniform in your closet. You don't know who might have put it there, but it isn't a surprise that someone has given it to you. You pop it open and skim through it.

[12 vs 9] A rush of anger consumes you, and you feel your powers react instinctively, violently. You focus on breathing, on repeating your mantra to yourself to reaffirm just who you are and what you're doing. Your blood boils with barely contained rage.

Quote from: Angel of Fire Containment Procedures

...primary containment agent of Project Angel of Fire, also known as Alphira, Pheobe Gainer, is two-fold. Emma Thornton of the Thornton Family is a high-value emotional connection to the target. Primary containment is to secure and hold Emma Thornton in the event of Alphira losing control, destroying vital property with ill intent, possession of weapons not signed off on, and any hostile action or words directed at SEED. Should Alphira violate these procedures, its is to be made clear to her that Emma Thornton's future survival will be in jeopardy should such actions persist. Further action will be taken as needed, up to termination of both Emma and the Project...

...Secondary containment is the holding of myself, Nicole Gainer, as a hostage to ensure her good intentions should Primary Containment methods fail...see appendix section eight for further details as to my relationship with the subject...Emma Thornton has a higher emotional connection to the subject, so great caution should go into retaining her and keeping her close to the Holy City.

[-]Somebody knocks at your door, and you stow the folder away back beneath your folded uniform, your hands falling into tightly balled fists at your side, your knuckles pale from the force. Emma steps in, looking bedraggled and tired, but happy to see you. "I've brought the armor down, and I've got a great armorsmith looking at it. Captain Zachary also reports that several of our previous classmates have been selected to be in your personal guard-- he's waiting for you outsi-- is everything okay, Pheobe?" Her smile drops, concern appearing on her features, "Is your arm okay-- I swear, if Silas made you sick, I'll shoot him myself!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:09:21 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 19, 2020, 03:08:07 pm »

At this point, I'm tempted to join the demons.

Wordlessly show her the folder.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 19, 2020, 03:09:48 pm »

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 19, 2020, 03:14:47 pm »

+1
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:27:44 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 19, 2020, 03:23:17 pm »

[-] Emma takes the file-- and stares at it blankly, she looks to you in askance, before realization dawns, "I...I can't read this, Pheobe. It's not a script I was taught at the Academy."

"Wh-what does it say?" She steps closer, setting the folder back down for you and wrapping you in a tight hug, "It isn't good, is it?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 19, 2020, 03:26:14 pm »

Write it out for her in a script that she's familiar with.

"Speak softly and don't react.  They can't be allowed to know that we're onto them."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 19, 2020, 03:26:50 pm »

"Speak softly and don't react.  They can't be allowed to know that we're onto them."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 19, 2020, 03:27:57 pm »

+1

Another +1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 19, 2020, 03:40:51 pm »

[-]When you write it out for her, Emma's fair face curls into something dispassionate and icy. You've seen her like this before, with William; a fit of sudden cold anger. "Fuck her." Is her whispered verbal response for a long time as she wrestles with her fury. Then its contained.

Emma wraps you in a sudden tight hug, breathing in and out hard, before carefully and quickly whispering, right in your ear, something that sends chills up your spine, "Did it come from a trustworthy source? It matches why the guard tried to grab me, and the Pontifex intervened. Black Nicky is a brutal pragmatist, and the script is a higher level." She kisses your cheek and pulls away, taking a seat on your bed, trying to speak more casually.

"Time for love later, Pheobe." She gives a forced giggle, smiling through her teeth as she carefully twists the conversation towards the soldiers under your direct command. "We have to prepare for war. William...William wants to advertise something, and promises soldiers good enough to take on a fully grown [insect] on their lonesome. It would be well within your powers to approve them as part of your command."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:42:29 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 19, 2020, 03:44:21 pm »

"That sounds promising.  I will be sure to discuss the matter in depth with him"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 19, 2020, 03:51:19 pm »

"Hm? Oh. Yeah--"

"That sounds promising.  I will be sure to discuss the matter in depth with him"

(say this.)

Closer now: "The file-- it came direct from the Pontifex. More on that later... but don't kill grandma on my behalf, hey? She's gone through a lot lately." (Smile thin.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:53:22 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 381