00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240330 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #885 on: March 19, 2020, 11:29:35 pm »

I think we should investigate this further with the VOID while we can.  In the past, we weren't able to communicate with it any time at will. Getting the armor back to 100% could be lifesaving.
ok, what should we say?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 19, 2020, 11:31:28 pm »

H̵o̶w̴ ̴c̵a̴n̴ ̶t̴h̵i̸s̴ ̷a̷r̶m̸o̴r̴ ̸b̸e̶ ̸r̴e̴p̵a̵i̸r̶e̴d̶?̴

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 19, 2020, 11:34:52 pm »

H̵o̶w̴ ̴c̵a̴n̴ ̶t̴h̵i̸s̴ ̷a̷r̶m̸o̴r̴ ̸b̸e̶ ̸r̴e̴p̵a̵i̸r̶e̴d̶?̴
+1 how is Zalgo text done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 19, 2020, 11:36:11 pm »

I use this thing: https://zalgo.org

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 19, 2020, 11:40:11 pm »

S̷̢̡̙̙̰͙͇͕̰̪̜͆͂̏̅̾̃̓͗̑̎͌́́͘̚ö̵̫͕͔͉̳̦͓̭̦͈̥̝̦͙̫́̾͌̆̎͂͊͘,̶̩̿̎͒̓̍̽̕̚ ̶̡̧̧̜̝͚͍͌͗͂̀̈͗͂͑̀̍̀͑́̀ļ̴̹̘̳̈̀͒̿͐̏͛̀͂̋͊͋́̿̕͝î̸̧̛͇̀͊͆̃̇́̈̓͝͝k̴̛͙̖̮͙̫̹̥̪̭͒͐̈́̃̄̓̂̑̂͊͂̓̏͛͌͘e̵̻̘͓̻̋̒͘ ̸̛͕̞̟͑̂͂̏̕t̸͚̝̖͕̖̤̮͍̟͙̭̥̰̦͉̣̅h̵̡̰͐̓̀̏̋͘͠i̸̼̥̹̯͙̓̽͗̊̉͊̓̕s̷̨̯͙̹͙̯̫̠̱͇͉͕̦͉̺̣͆̂̑̇͗̚͜͠?̸̱̲̖̻͉̙̿̔͆͂̒̂͂͘̕͜ ̴̳̹̌͋̊̆̊̓͛͋͐̿͂̒̑̅͒̅̚C̵̡̡̛͖̦̭̥̖͆́͋̓̾̿͛̑͠ͅǫ̵̤͔̫̹͚̩̖͙͈͎͇̂̆͜͝ò̵̱̤̮̱̖̠͇͎̟͙̺͉͔͉̗̘̻̍͑̈́̓̉̇̓̅͛̒̉͆̿̈́̂̔l̷̞̙̱͚̜̯̭̙̗͉̜̐̑̀̄͜

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 19, 2020, 11:53:42 pm »

No response and Emma raises an eyebrow, offering pithily, "My brother gave me advice for this exact situation, and I didn't listen." She mocks sighs, shaking her head. "If you have a headache bad enough to mention, you should probably go lie down. I'll have Silas come and make sure you're just regular crazy, not infection crazy."

She shrugs a shoulder, leaning over the table to give you a chaste peck on the lips, retreating out the cafeteria and towards her office. You watch her leave, before rising, clearing away your dishes and thinking about what your next move is. You have an entire day, with only a little bit of tutoring from Brother Hop in the evening.

What would you like to do?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 19, 2020, 11:55:37 pm »

You know... SEED would probably know how the armor was repaired.

Try to get an audience with SEED.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:01:11 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 20, 2020, 12:00:57 am »

You know... SEED would probably know how the armor was repaired.
sure, but I think SEED is the enemy?

Maybe we should rest

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 20, 2020, 07:56:59 am »

Lets just go to sleep for a bit.

Also I doubt the SEED would talk to us again so soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 20, 2020, 10:14:10 am »

You know who might know about this? The Pontifex.

For now, a lie-down sounds nice. Just gotta make sure we don't miss our tutoring-- maybe set an alarm.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 20, 2020, 11:18:39 am »

[-]  After charging a guard with waking you fifteen minutes before Brother Hop is to arrive, you collapse into bed.

[-] Midway through your nap, there's a knock at your door. Silas steps in, performing a small physical and taking notes on your arm. He doesn't offer much by way of conversation, besides useless pleasantries. With his job done, he leaves you, reading over his notes with a detached air.

[-] After five hours, you're fully rested, and your headache has subsided some.

You have six hours before your lesson with Brother Hop.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:16:18 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 20, 2020, 12:05:44 pm »

Lunch. After that let's hit the books, see if we can't find anything on McCreary's equipment.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 20, 2020, 12:06:10 pm »

Lunch. After that let's hit the books, see if we can't find anything on McCreary's equipment.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 20, 2020, 02:15:57 pm »

[-] The cafeteria is about as busy as expected, your warm nutrient gruel sitting in its usual place. You snatch up your plates and set to eating, trying not to look too hard at the off-gray, starchy slime that tastes vaguely of vegetables and oil. You wash it down with copious amounts of water and diluted wine, trying to avoid the bitter, woody aftertaste.

You, with two guards in tow, walk to one of the libraries nearby in the Inner City, through a beautiful plaza, with carefully manicured gardens. A thin young man with a brand for SEED on his face trims down an overgrowing patch of flowers as children kick a rubber ball back and forth. You notice a small group of Crusaders drift through. They catch sight of you, confused by your guards and your under-ornamented self, but don't comment, passing by with a dipped nod given your way. The walk itself is pleasant and a short, gentle ride on one of the slow-moving hover-crafts rounds out the experience. In all, it took you thirty minutes to get to the Library.

The Library is another one of those buildings with a high domed ceiling, and a librarian greets you at the door. They serve as living indexes, and you ask him for books, treatises, or manuscripts involving McCreary's armor. They look at a reference book, and begin to guide you into the depths of the library. He points at a shelf of books, and bows his head as he explains, "This shelf contains what books we have on McCreary, as for a specific topic, we lack McCreary's Armor."

With a nod, he turns away to attend to other duties. You enlist the help of your guards and clear out the entire shelf, bringing it to one of the desks in the center of the library.The Effect of McCreary on Morale, Armaments of the Angel, McCreary's Sacrifice, Strength of Soul: Or how to Emulate the Angel, How The Tide Turned, and Stories to tell Children of the Angel.

The first one interests you, so you set it aside for later, the second one is more pressing, so you pile it away. The rest are hymn books, scripture, a quasi-historical document that you know is false, and the other is tall tale-- but a passage in the children's book hints at the truths of your memory, so you set it aside to keep. You have your guards put the rest away, and begin to read the first.

Quote from: Effects of McCreary on Morale
...And lo', when the war was at its worst, and all hoped seemed lost, when the King of the Dead and his armies approached the gates of the Holy City, man did despair... It goes on to list all the losses, the cities you've never heard of that no doubt are ruins by now.

Then McCreary emerged from the Citadel of Seed, clad in resplendent gold. SEED spoke, issuing a benediction to its holy angel of war, It lists a great edict from SEED that you gloss over, yadda yadda, retribution and revenge shall be delivered, demons stand no chance now, etc. However, one line catches your eye, "I shall see retribution done on all my enemies, they shall be starved and beaten, destroyed in their entirety. So I will it."

It goes into great detail about how the morale of all troops improved, especially by his speeches delivered on the battlefield, full of rage and fire, and how during each of his consecutive victories the people cheered his name in the streets. In some benedictions, he was listed first. You wonder if he was more relatable for the humans of this world than the Machine God they worship...

Quote from: Armaments of McCreary
This manuscript is a list of his armor and weapons in flowery terms, recorded directly after his death. It mentions no damage upon the breastplate or any of the other armor. It does list damage done to the underpinning, his synth-leather jumpsuit is mentioned as being ripped across the chest, and stained with dried blood. His firearm was empty-- and you note that he had expended nearly two thousand las-pulses during the time he fought, if not more.

Quote from: Children's Book
...McCreary's armor was mighty indeed, burnished in gold and black, but pure, and filled with the flame of righteousness, and he spoke of it as one speaks of a friend, one that was very close to his heart...some say it even spoke back! So great is the power of SEED, that even the inanimate is made living through his grace...

You have three hours and thirty minutes left before Brother Hop arrives at your room for your lesson.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2020, 03:00:23 pm »

McCreary was on his way to becoming a god-emperor-- on his way to usurping SEED entirely. SEED cut him short.

Perhaps we might find something here on the origins of SEED and of [demons]. Be sure to leave ourselves time to head back and meet Brother Hop.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 381