00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239017 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1335 on: March 29, 2020, 10:45:40 pm »

Emma shakes her head, rubbing at her face. "You're a mess, but I love you." She teases, then giggles, gesturing down the hall. "Go. Heal. We have to go shopping later for proper clothes anyway, and I'm sure you have things to do."

With a glance back to her office and the piles of paperwork your sure she still has to wade through, she looks torn, but only briefly. "I'll come to grab you in the afternoon." She graces you with a smile that sets your heart beating faster, probably not helping the bloodstained bandages and reclaims her seat at the desk.

"You're still standing there!" She complains good-naturedly, and you hurry away with a grin.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 29, 2020, 10:52:12 pm »

We might as well get new bandages and get our wounds re-sutured.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 29, 2020, 10:57:34 pm »

We might as well get new bandages and get our wounds re-sutured.
+1
How’s our hunger? If we are satisfied, we can try a healing surge

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 29, 2020, 11:03:09 pm »

Head back to medical wing, pop the Healing Surge, and we'll reevaluate.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 29, 2020, 11:15:54 pm »

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 29, 2020, 11:23:54 pm »

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 29, 2020, 11:24:29 pm »

It's a quick trip down a set of stairs that lay in parallel to a textured ramp that follows the same path, and then you're in your medical room.

[18] You strip down, and with a deep breath, your fingers tight on the blood resistant poly-linen, you bring forth your will. Pain burns through you from your side as your focus is diverted, and you hunch over as stitches push themselves out of the barely healed wounds. They are deep, and you're sure some organs must have been damaged, as evidenced by the sheer length of time it takes for you to heal yourself. Blood still drips from your bandages.

[8] Another flash of pain burns through you, as once again heal yourself. It fades much more quickly this time. You peel away the bandages, revealing your raw and red side, still coated in drying blood. The stitches they put in you fall away with the bandages, and you leave them on the bed. You rise on shaky feet, and step into the shower, feeling the burning hot water ease your cramping core muscles as they reconfigure themselves. You're a bit peckish now, but figure that can wait until you finish cleaning yourself.

You touch the fading scars that score your arm, your side. Your body bears no scar tissue that you can see. It sometimes surprises you, but you wonder how you would look if your body kept a tally of every grievous injury that you have sustained. You let the burning hot water wash over you, feeling relaxed as you watch the dried blood wash down the drain.

When you emerge, drying your long hair, you notice that one of the medical personnel has replaced your bloody uniform with a clean one, as well as disposed of the bandages for you-- Silas sits next to the door, patiently. You don't flinch or bother to cover yourself-- he is your lead doctor, now, after all. "I knew you could regrow limbs, Lady Alphira. Your biology is quite amazing. Not only are you a miracle of...science? Magic? Not only that, but you can infect others with your ability, with your mind." There isn't a smile on his face as he speaks, and he fiddles awkwardly with a folder. Despite his uncomfortable movements, his eyes remind you of a hawk, watching a mouse.

"The Plague seems to be of a similar nature, doesn't it?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:26:07 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 29, 2020, 11:30:47 pm »

“I’m not the Plague. William is still William, just a different body. His mind is still there. He isn’t me, I am not him”
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:38:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:23 pm »

“I’m not the Plague. William is still William, just a different body. His mind is still there. He isn’t;t me, I am not him”
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 29, 2020, 11:38:40 pm »

“I’m not the Plague. William is still William, just a different body. His mind is still there. He isn’t me, I am not him”
+1
just deleted unneeded ;t

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:24 pm »

"And with voices in his head that he says are you. Or some fragment of you." Silas opines as you dress. "I don't think you're the same. I merely said you're similar. But don't you wonder about yourself when you compare yourself to humans? Aren't you curious about your biology, how you work?"

"I am. You're a fascinating subject. Scientifically, of course." Silas adds hastily, reminded of the situation by you raising a brow. To his credit, he doesn't flush or even blink, maintaining a calm demeanor. "I've compiled a file for you, concerning William's changes, but anything you can tell me about yourself or theories about how your body works would be quite helpful."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 30, 2020, 12:13:03 am »

"There appears to be a part of me, the VOID, that is able to interface with 'angelic' technology and effect changes to my body that would normally be unconscious.  For example, it can redirect calories to repair different parts of my body"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:07 am »

"There appears to be a part of me, the VOID, that is able to interface with 'angelic' technology and effect changes to my body that would normally be unconscious.  For example, it can redirect calories to repair different parts of my body"
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 30, 2020, 04:31:21 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 30, 2020, 05:26:14 am »

"Well that explains...next to nothing I didn't already know. Thank you" Silas sighs at your explanation, but seems genuine enough in his appreciation, waving the folder at you. "I'll take this to your desk, Lady Alphira. I documented William's case well, including changes to bone density and muscle mass. Caloric intake did increase as well. His rate of healing increased. Pain tolerance increased...so on. It's all very interesting."

"If you have any questions, or can come up with anything else...I'm sure we can talk on the way to the 'funeral', or you could write a report for me. And of course, if you need anything, please, let me know." And with that and a stiff bow at the hips, he leaves you alone. You smooth out the wrinkles in your outfit and brush your damp hair over your shoulder. You sit on the bed and pull on your socks and boots carefully.

Now what?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 381