00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240414 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #2385 on: April 16, 2020, 11:21:04 pm »

If we're doing a flyover, we need to have a real good plan as to what we're gonna do from up there. Are we scouting? Hurling fire? (Can we even hurl fire that far in first place?) If we're taking this risk, it needs to be a worthwhile risk.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 16, 2020, 11:22:11 pm »

Horrible fires in the distance drift ash into the sky. The Artillery strikes knock dust and dirt into the air with every explosion. Smoke billows into the sky from a hundred little fires that burn across the lines, all culminating in a horribly unnatural overcast to the sky, blocking out what would be a warm day and making the cold wind that blows all the worse.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 16, 2020, 11:23:50 pm »

True.  Even if we just distract the plague and force it to fire upon its own soldiers rather than our soldiers, that would be helpful by itself.  We may be able to shroud ouself in the dense smoke.

Could we hit targets from our regular flying distance?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:34:59 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 16, 2020, 11:40:10 pm »

[16] You blink, stretching out your willpower into the sky above, trying to get a feel for how far away you can actually reach. About [10 meters or 32 feet] in total, perfect distance to be shot by rifle fire, harder to be hit by artillery. The Warmachines fidget as another round of artillery strikes level more of the camp. You're safely out of reach, you note, glancing down only briefly.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:43:03 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 16, 2020, 11:43:01 pm »

Maybe we could dive and attack and then retreat back into the clouds?  Quick hit and run tactics on the artillery so that they don't have the time to respond to us effectively.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:55:28 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 17, 2020, 12:06:05 am »

Yeah... I can maybe see that working out. Where do we put our mercenaries tho?

On the one hand, I'd feel silly shunting them to the sidelines. On the other... things could go sideways fast out there, and I feel like William would be rightly upset if we spent Thornton life on what was (originally) a spur-of-the-moment excursion. Gotta be careful about this.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:09:40 am by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 17, 2020, 12:10:40 am »

Huh, I'm not sure.  They could keep pulling survivors out of the camp, but that puts them into danger.  If we distract the artillery with our attacks, maybe they'll have a window of opportunity to enact an organized retreat and save survivors.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 17, 2020, 01:05:25 am »

I've the beginnings of a coherent plan, based on the stuff we've been hashing out... gonna sleep on it. Should hopefully have tomorrow a better idea of how we're doing this.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 17, 2020, 01:16:54 am »

Sounds good.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 17, 2020, 07:52:52 am »

Well this whole place seem worse off than it sounded like it was.

As for a plan I have no idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 17, 2020, 11:01:35 am »

Remember this?

"So all the lights in the sky are our enemies now? Let's show them what we can do! We'll wring them from existence!"

And you do, lashing out with your powers into the guns, into the weapons, into the targeting mainframe. The light blinds those who cannot see your glory as you unfurl lashing wings of fire to sweep through those specks of light that dare approach. You burn through the void, a raging inferno of hydrogen fire and electrical storms that threatens to devour anything that approaches.

"Good job, Alphira."

We don't have our predecessor's equipment, but perhaps we can draw inspiration from the way she fought. We hurtle through the ranks of the enemy in a rolling Inferno: lashing out as we plunge, obscuring our position with the fire that surrounds us. In and out, up and down. Maybe we take out a few reactors with Overloads while we're at it.

For now...

"...This fight's bigger than us. We're almost certainly going to lose ground here today-- our job now's to minimize the lives lost in the retreat."

Unfurl our wings-- raw fire, so's not to strain our flesh overmuch. "I'm going to try and draw away some of that artillery fire, maybe wreck a few bugs while I'm at it. You nine will be covering the troops as they pull out: keep the retreat from becoming a rout; gun down any foe that gets too close. Watch for artillery. Exercise your better judgement. Fall back if you must. Your own lives take priority."

"Any objections?"

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 17, 2020, 11:03:53 am »

Remember this?

"So all the lights in the sky are our enemies now? Let's show them what we can do! We'll wring them from existence!"

And you do, lashing out with your powers into the guns, into the weapons, into the targeting mainframe. The light blinds those who cannot see your glory as you unfurl lashing wings of fire to sweep through those specks of light that dare approach. You burn through the void, a raging inferno of hydrogen fire and electrical storms that threatens to devour anything that approaches.

"Good job, Alphira."

We don't have our predecessor's equipment, but perhaps we can draw inspiration from the way she fought. We hurtle through the ranks of the enemy in a rolling Inferno: lashing out as we plunge, obscuring our position with the fire that surrounds us. In and out, up and down. Maybe we take out a few reactors with Overloads while we're at it.

For now...

"...This fight's bigger than us. We're almost certainly going to lose ground here today-- our job now's to minimize the lives lost in the retreat."

Unfurl our wings-- raw fire, so's not to strain our flesh overmuch. "I'm going to try and draw away some of that artillery fire, maybe wreck a few bugs while I'm at it. You nine will be covering the troops as they pull out: keep the retreat from becoming a rout; gun down any foe that gets too close. Watch for artillery. Exercise your better judgement. Fall back if you must. Your own lives take priority."

"Any objections?"

No objections, Let's do the things we are talking about doing

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 17, 2020, 11:05:35 am »

Momentarily! Just hearing from the mercenaries first.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 17, 2020, 11:07:25 am »

Momentarily! Just hearing from the mercenaries first.
The more we wait, the more damage is done

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 17, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »

Doesn't have to be a long wait-- just a pause, so's somebody can tell us "no wait that's stupid" if need be.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 381