00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240359 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2745 on: April 24, 2020, 08:09:44 am »

Game nuffin'-- this thing's becoming an all-out interactive novel series! I've never seen (much less experienced) anything like it.

Aye. I really wish I had come across it or gotten involved earlier.

When waking, ask the woman where we are, and thank her for taking us in

+1, also! contact! Emma!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 08:11:25 am by Eschar »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 24, 2020, 09:22:11 am »

This thing has a better story than a lot of things I've played, the story is kind of the thing I would expect from a book, I mean you could probably make a book out of this and sell it.

When waking, ask the woman where we are, and thank her for taking us in

+1, also! contact! Emma!
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 24, 2020, 05:44:24 pm »

You awaken at noon to the smell of stew. The young lady from before stands over you, mopping at your brow with a cold, damp cloth. "Mother Alphira. You've a fever." She offers, along with the bowl of food. You smile weakly, sitting up to take the food. You devour it hungrily, much to the worry of the young woman. She reclaims her seat.

"I don't have a normal temperature, my Child." You offer by way of explanation, taking the bottle of wine she has settled beside you. You drain it to sate your thirst, but the taste of iron -- your blood, still fills your mouth. You flinch at the thought but smile reassuringly at her, slowly rising out the bed.

Fear, worry, concern, it all plays over her face and is in her dress wringing hands. "Is-is it true? Mother Alphira? The Holy City is gone?"

You say nothing as you stretch, your shoulders slumping slightly. You give a tense nod. Great heaving sobs suddenly wrack the woman's form, her face finding the comfort of her hands. You sit across from her, feeling her pain, her loss. "M-my husband-d was a Crusader that-- I'm sorry." She apologizes for losing her composure, tears burning down her face, and it tugs at your heartstrings. You wrap your arm around her in a tight hug, feeling her cry into your chest.

You say nothing. What is there to say. The young woman cries like that for a long while, until she recovers, murmuring her apologies again. "You'll be reunited in paradise -- if he has passed on." You offer, gently, lifting her chin to look down at her with a weak smile. "Hold out hope, do not mourn yet."

The young woman, a farmer by the name of Dorothy Youngtown, dips her head in a nod, as she introduces herself to you with a bow. Dorothy continues to sniff on occasion but shows you around her house. A young man sits at the table, polishing a boot of your armor. That's Jonathan, her eldest. He looks just a few years younger than you, rising with a blush to bow to you. You size him up behind a smile -- his clothes would probably fit you. You ask for a set, which they provide without protest, stepping into the empty room and changing into the more comfortable garb.

You pick up Lucille's glove, slipping it on. Her needles sink in. [Good Afternoon, Pheobe.]

You meet her other two children, Whitney and Zachary, who give you bows. You muss Zachary's dark hair, smiling down at him, and offer the same to Whitney, who scurries away with a giggle. "I knew a great man called Zachary." You speak gently, grinning, "I feel you'll be the same type of man, one day. Always be loyal, Child."

You take your leave, stepping into an overcast day, into the muddy courtyard of the farmhouse. You left them many of your ration bars, and give them a benediction. They wave as you lift off -- your smile drops off your face as soon as you slip on your helmet.

Find Emma.

[Most likely at Evacuation Point Alpha, Pheobe, judging by radio history.]

It's two hours as the angel flies.

Its a makeshift camp, set up against a hundred or so, brand new cargo-style hovercraft. A cry goes up from the people when they see you approach. You begin to pick up radio chatter, looking down at the mob that claws over each other to be below you.

["Clear a path for me, Warmachines."]

["...yes Lady Pheobe."]

Warmachines stride into the crowd, breaking it apart and clearing a spot for you to land without lighting some of these hapless refugees on fire. A band of Crusaders assist -- and you settle yourself down onto the muddy, torn ground. Many of the people are injured, with desperate eyes.

"You're a traitor!" A man strides forth from the Crusaders as a heavy silence descends on the crowd. General Hardy marches up, poking you in the chest of your armor, a furious look on his face. "This is all your fault! Where were you?!"

Anger begins to burn within you, tight and hot and burning-- your free hand snakes out, wrapping hard around General Hardy's neck as you lift him into the air to stare into the old man's eyes. He's terrified, no longer able to accuse you of falsehood. Nobody moves, nobody speaks, as he takes choked breaths. He claws frantically at your hand, but he might as well be clawing at steel. You're not choking him, not really. Not yet.

I am going to kill him now. Patches thoughts drip with the icy emotionless tone of the Interface, but sound closer to Alphira's own, somehow burning with a wave of fiery, unquenched anger. Alphira and the Interface do not respond to your queries.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:51:48 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 24, 2020, 05:51:40 pm »

Nope.  Put him down.  I think he's suffered enough for one lifetime, seeing his city destroyed, largely by his own hand.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:54:15 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 24, 2020, 06:02:20 pm »

“I was trying to kill. The Leviathan, I destroyed some of its reactors and burned it before falling into the ocean. The Air Force and I destroyed many plague aircraft before I went inside the Leviathan to destroy its power reactors. I plan to come back to finish it off”
((Replace Leviathan with whatever words the messengers were more likely to use to describe it. )

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 24, 2020, 06:24:00 pm »

Nope.  Put him down.  I think he's suffered enough for one lifetime, seeing his city destroyed, largely by his own hand.

“I was trying to kill. The Leviathan, I destroyed some of its reactors and burned it before falling into the ocean. The Air Force and I destroyed many plague aircraft before I went inside the Leviathan to destroy its power reactors. I plan to come back to finish it off”
((Replace Leviathan with whatever words the messengers were more likely to use to describe it. )

Combine these, and do ZBridges suggestion first.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 24, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »

[7 vs 10] I do not share your sentiment, Good Doctor. But maybe you're right -- I will not kill him. You set him down -- but before you can stop yourself, you grab hold of his right arm with your right, by the wrist. "What is the punishment for lying to SEED on official reports, Crusader officers?" You question the men who stand behind, who have all gone very pale.

"D-death, Mother Alphira." They report back, with a swallow, glancing to General Hardy, who's hope has turned to panic. You nod. The crowd turns on the General, taking out their anger on him with boos, and jeers. Why shouldn't they? He has committed heresy against the last living proof of their god. You shift the blame.

"Apprentice Hardy. I will not kill you for lying to SEED; nor for hindering our war effort to the degree that the City has fallen. That my Mother was forced to take her life to save her people. I will not punish you for that. Consider it a mercy, Child."

[11 vs 17] You rip his limb off with a sudden, brutal twist. He screams, dropping down on his knees as you toss his arm down to him. His blood splatters your facemask as your bloodlust is sated. "But I will take the arm you swore your oaths with, for your failures."

"I fought a great beast, over the western sea. I crippled it as it crippled me in turn. I plan to finish the deed upon insuring that my people are safe." Hardy passes out, and the Crusaders roughly drag him away. The rain dilutes his blood into the mud of the earth. "We would not have time to evacuate the city, had I not fought with this beast."

[14] A man breaks through the Warmachines, and you tense for another attack-- he shows a picture instead to the frightened crowd. Of the Levithan that would have eclipsed the city with darkness. That would have devoured many on its dark path across the world. "Our Holy Mother speaks the truth! Were it not for her, the death toll would be greater than we could reckon." A grin curls your lips -- it's on an official printed document, no doubt distributed by one of your people.

"Hail Alphira!" Somebody calls, "Hail our merciful angel!"

[20] The crowd picks it up, dropping down to their knees in the mud and the rain as they call your name to the dark storm clouds above.

William approaches, passing by the drug body of former general Hardy, a vicious smile curling his lips. You stride through the crowd, letting them feel the warmth of your red-streaked wings. "Emma is in the third ship down. The Thornton one." You nod to him, feeling the weight drop off your chest as-- he grabs your wrist as you pass by him. You bristle in anger. But he produces a napkin, scrubbing at your mask with an almost paternal air. He turns it over, letting you see the blood on it. It makes you nauseous.

"Don't want sweet Emma to see you like that, now do we?" He lets you go, and you rush to your consort.

The Warmachines direct you to a door as you force your wing's reaction to stop-- its harder to keep them contained, you realize. You try the knob, finding it locked. "Emma!" You call.

The door swings open suddenly, and disheveled Emma forces you to the floor with her sudden, desperate hug. She sobs into your chest hysterically. Manic relief pours from her like her tears as she pulls off your helmet, kissing you over and over again messily. She tries to talk, tries to speak, but trips over her own tongue, and just stops, letting her pent up emotions go. When she recovers her composure -- she grabs you by your armor fiercely. "You're a godsdamned bastard, Phebe! I was so worried. I couldn't eat-- I couldn't sleep!"

Emma breaks down into tears again, letting you go to cry into your chest once more."I hate you sometimes!"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 24, 2020, 06:30:09 pm »

I told y'all to contact her!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 24, 2020, 06:32:27 pm »

We were trying! The radio signals were no good...
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 24, 2020, 06:33:03 pm »

We had other things to worry about
I’m not sure what to say now, social things aren’t my strong suit. Others have demonstrated better social interactions than I

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 24, 2020, 06:41:01 pm »

It looks like we're starting to believe in our own propaganda.  I don't like what we've become, but I'm not surprised.  The cost of evil actions is insidious.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: April 24, 2020, 06:47:23 pm »

It looks like we're starting to believe in our own propaganda.  I don't like what we've become, but I'm not surprised.  The cost of evil actions is insidious.
what are you talking about?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 24, 2020, 06:48:42 pm »

Do not patronize me, Good Doctor! You tense mid-stroke of Emma's hair, letting her cry out her emotions. I know as well as you do that nothing awaits them after death. These people need hope now -- would you rather me denounce the Machine and its tools of control? Let them sink into the abyss of hopelessness?

[1] Did you feel it when I ripped off my own arm and devoured it? Do you still taste the blood in your mouth no matter how long ago? You do -not- share my pain, Ancestors, only my triumphs. You do not feel the las-blasts rip apart my flesh, nor the pain of my spine breaking, nor the panic of being helpless. You do not feel the lives lost, the pain in my heart as I am betrayed. Help me find the words to soothe Emma, if you wish to be of help!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:51:28 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 24, 2020, 06:54:35 pm »

Do not patronize me, Good Doctor! You tense mid-stroke of Emma's hair, letting her cry out her emotions. I know as well as you do that nothing awaits them after death. These people need hope now -- would you rather me denounce the Machine and its tools of control? Let them sink into the abyss of hopelessness?

[1] Did you feel it when I ripped off my own arm and devoured it? Do you still taste the blood in your mouth no matter how long ago? You do -not- share my pain, Ancestors, only my triumphs. You do not feel the las-blasts rip apart my flesh, nor the pain of my spine breaking, nor the panic of being helpless. You do not feel the lives lost, the pain in my heart as I am betrayed. Help me find the words to soothe Emma, if you wish to be of help!

+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 24, 2020, 06:55:25 pm »

Uhh, Eschar... that wasn't a player suggestion. :-X
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext