00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238957 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4140 on: June 25, 2020, 03:45:16 am »

((Gentlemen, you can't fight here.  This is the war room.))

"Whatever personal problems you may have with eachother, keep them out of this room.  We are not here to get into petty squabbles.  I don't want to have to say this again."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: June 25, 2020, 05:42:19 am »

"Whatever personal problems you may have with eachother, keep them out of this room.  We are not here to get into petty squabbles.  I don't want to have to say this again."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: June 25, 2020, 10:15:28 am »

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: June 25, 2020, 04:48:04 pm »

[-] The Ministers and ministry associates all nod, quietly. Silently.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: June 25, 2020, 04:57:42 pm »

Do any Ancestors have anything else to propose?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: June 25, 2020, 08:09:17 pm »

WWhile working on the ship, we could maybe do other attacks on the plague, they’ll continue increasing in number, we cannot stop attacking completely while we build the ship. What are your thoughts? I think we could destroy more Collosi?, Collosuses?
((What names do you prefer calling the plural for Collosus?))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: June 25, 2020, 08:17:47 pm »

Good grief.

Alternative strikes against the [plague] would be worthwhile... still, I can't help but feel we'd be best off closing this council session [ASAP]. This is becoming personal in an ugly way.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: June 25, 2020, 09:38:21 pm »

"I'm calling this session to an end.  The adversities we face threaten to divide us, but now more than ever it is vital that we remain united.  Let us leave this ugliness behind us so that we can focus on building a better future."

Leave.  Check when the hovercraft is scheduled for.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: June 25, 2020, 10:16:08 pm »

The Ministers and associates file out quietly, still silent. William and Emma take great pains to leave at very different times. You remain seated, rubbing at your face. That is until Cephie gets up to leave.

"You stay."

She swivels on a heel, looking back to you with a raised eyebrow. Her face shifts and melts and twists until the real Cephie is looking at you, standing in loose Crusader armor. She gives the most exaggerated of bows to you, before, "What can I do for you, oh Queen of Ash and Dust?"

"Can it. I'm already annoyed enough."

"Aye, aye, Captain."

"Could you help with producing Carbon-fiber in a more mundane way? Like, teaching the principles?"

"If you're willing to wait a few months to build the forges, vacuum chambers and gather the chemicals and compounds needed -- yes, sure. To be honest, its a lot easier to just do it myself than have to teach these primitives. Two or three weeks of work versus twelve. They'll get to it eventually, though, and then they'll be one step closer to superalloys. It's a process, y'know?"

"Ah. Okay...then. I would...also like to apologize for those two's outbursts. I know you're the only one who--"

"Understood them, yes. Piece of advice, Pheonix? Your kindred are months old. They are two siblings. They have what--ten, twelve voices in their head? All telling them different things. The only person who might be able to understand them keeps getting the shit kicked out of her." Cephie lifts a hand, "And you, dear gods in all the heavens, you're a mess yourself. I can see the resemblance. Something to think about, yeah? Might help to keep them on the leash in the future. They might not try to kill each other to impress you."

As Cephie walks out the door -- she pauses again, "And in that fight, I put my money on Emma. She's...she's deep in that mind of hers. We can all use processing powers -- but Oracles are scary. Probability...is a scary thing to control."

You sit quietly until Nicole returns with a bag slung over her shoulder. With a curt nod, she questions, "You ready? It's a bit of a trip -- if you need weapons, we can get them on the way out. I've got plenty of food already. If you want to bring anybody, call them up. We leave in thirty minutes."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: June 25, 2020, 10:22:07 pm »

"What exactly is it?  That will help me determine whether I need to bring guards."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: June 25, 2020, 10:26:52 pm »

"A surprise!" Nicole smiles, darkly, "I think I missed a few of your birthdays..." Then she sobers, "No one you do not trust. William. Emma. That one girl who can change faces. Maybe one of those creepy bastards from SEED special services. Absolutely no one you do not fully trust with your life."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:08 pm »

"In that case, let's bring the Thorntons, Cephie, and one of the Children of SEED.  Maybe I can try to patch things over with the Thorntons on the way there.  I'll take a las-gun and Cutter as well, for safety."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: June 25, 2020, 10:37:52 pm »

"Do you really trust the Thorntons?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: June 25, 2020, 10:40:26 pm »

Hmm... good question.  I'm a bit conflicted on this myself, so I will leave it to the other Ancestors.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: June 26, 2020, 04:38:21 am »

Nicole notices the hesitation and leans on her cane with a crooked smile. "But SEED, it might good for the two to meet their ancestors."

"What do you mean?" You question.

"You noticed it, haven't you? SEED designed a mold for this world. Do they fit it? Ever wonder why?"
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 381