00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240363 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4155 on: June 26, 2020, 08:07:33 am »

I say we take the Thortons with us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: June 26, 2020, 08:11:22 am »

No, let’s not risk that. We should probably just bring Cephie and one of the Children of SEED.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:35:03 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: June 26, 2020, 11:42:25 am »

((I've finally finished catching up to the present of this. I'd just like to say that this is an amazing forum game - quite possibly the best I've ever seen. Suggestions are open to everyone, correct?))

I have a lot of different things to say, but I think I'll stick to the issues at hand for now.

A political marriage with the [Khaganate], distasteful though it may sound, seems like a pretty solid decision to me. Outlanders are hardy people, and more people and resources always help. If nobody seems to be able to stomach that, however, then perhaps we could negotiate a more conventional alliance.

Honestly, I'm having a little trouble trusting the Thorntons. They seem to be more interested in preserving the interests of their Family rather than our interests. While this is understandable, to be perfectly honest, we need as many people behind us as we can get. This is also the same reason that I don't really think democracy is viable at this time - we need all the power centralized and controlled by us. While in the long term this will not do good for citizen satisfaction, let alone our budding god complex, we have to remember that the [Plague] is always breathing down our necks.

I think we should bring Celphie and a Null. Celphie is a good bet because A) she's bound to us by oath, B) she seems to genuinely want to be our friend, and C) most importantly, she has next to nothing to gain by betraying us. Plus, she has experience with Outlanders.

Actually, speaking of Celphie, we should probably spend some of our free time trying to befriend her at some point. Not only will this make her like us more, I think we genuinely stand to gain from making another friend.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: June 26, 2020, 11:54:27 am »

((I've finally finished catching up to the present of this. I'd just like to say that this is an amazing forum game - quite possibly the best I've ever seen. Suggestions are open to everyone, correct?))

I have a lot of different things to say, but I think I'll stick to the issues at hand for now.

A political marriage with the [Khaganate], distasteful though it may sound, seems like a pretty solid decision to me. Outlanders are hardy people, and more people and resources always help. If nobody seems to be able to stomach that, however, then perhaps we could negotiate a more conventional alliance.

Honestly, I'm having a little trouble trusting the Thorntons. They seem to be more interested in preserving the interests of their Family rather than our interests. While this is understandable, to be perfectly honest, we need as many people behind us as we can get. This is also the same reason that I don't really think democracy is viable at this time - we need all the power centralized and controlled by us. While in the long term this will not do good for citizen satisfaction, let alone our budding god complex, we have to remember that the [Plague] is always breathing down our necks.

I think we should bring Celphie and a Null. Celphie is a good bet because A) she's bound to us by oath, B) she seems to genuinely want to be our friend, and C) most importantly, she has next to nothing to gain by betraying us. Plus, she has experience with Outlanders.

Actually, speaking of Celphie, we should probably spend some of our free time trying to befriend her at some point. Not only will this make her like us more, I think we genuinely stand to gain from making another friend.
I’m glad someone else also sees that marrying the [Khaganate] is practical.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: June 26, 2020, 12:04:44 pm »

Practical? It is an affront on our freedom. Phoenix was right, to look to it with anger.
Regardless... welcome, Cadet. Have you a name?

"I learned something of their history, in Thornton Villa. They-- predate SEED, and SEED's people. Small wonder, that they distrusted the Holy City so."
"Why do you ask?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: June 26, 2020, 12:14:08 pm »

It is a way to ally with them more directly, the merging of our states will allow for more resources. The fact the Thorntons predate SEED does not mean they won’t try to use us to gain power and try to kill us if we are no longer perceived as useful to them.
I think it would be better to bring Cephie and a Null
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:16:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: June 26, 2020, 03:26:50 pm »

I'd like to hear our grandmother's thoughts on the matter before we make a decision.

Practical? It is an affront on our freedom. Phoenix was right, to look to it with anger.

"I learned something of their history, in Thornton Villa. They-- predate SEED, and SEED's people. Small wonder, that they distrusted the Holy City so."
"Why do you ask?"

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: June 26, 2020, 03:36:09 pm »

I'd like to hear our grandmother's thoughts on the matter before we make a decision.

"Why do you ask?"

+1
Fair, but she asked us if we trust them, it might be rude to not answer that question

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: June 27, 2020, 12:43:58 am »

"I wouldn't be surprised if you predated SEED, my darling." Nicole responds with a twist of a smile, as the two of you walk to the pads. The other questions she doesn't answer. She places a hand on your shoulder, guiding you as you speak into Lucille. Cephie should be waiting for you, in full kit, with supplies and a gun. As well as a Null. Zero informs you, in a quiet monotone, that he will send Eight to assist -- you know her as Jane Morris. She has specialties in combat and could be of good use to whatever venture it is that you are planning.

The two, punctual and precise, however in differing ways, are both waiting for you to arrive. Cephie is wearing a long, black dress over trousers and boots. No part of her outfit is separate. All of it is connected by a patch of cloth or twisting thread. She smiles with sharp teeth, giving a mock bow. "Y'know Pheobe, if I knew I'd be seeing you again so soon, I would have waited on the parting advice-- it's meant to come before a parting, y'feel? It kinda loses teeth when you see me ten minutes later."

"What is that you're wearing? I was expecting armor." You idly question, examining the shifting, shiny, silky black fabric.

"Watch!" Cephie straightens, and with a dramatic gesture, a wave of her hand over her skinny form. Her clothing changes, shimmering as armor suddenly forms from the cloth. It lingers, before reforming into the outfit. "The newest models are the best. No clinking armor, no maintenance. Just a twist of your will and a stunning, modern dress turns into full body armor."

You smirk as you look over Jane Morris. Where Cephie is flamboyant, excited, Eight, or, Jane Morris, is quiet. She's wearing full Heavy Crusader Kit; marching pack and all. No color, no exaggeration, or emotion. A perfect killing machine with a face you can't remember. She straps her gas mask on, hiding even that feature, and leaving her a bulky, organized soldier. "Mother Pheonix." Is her slightly less than monotone greeting. Out of all the Nulls, you decide then and there you hate her less than the rest. There's an attempt at being human. An icy, emotionless one, but a human nonetheless.

A hovercraft sits idling nearby with two pilots standing at attention at its side. The bow when you and your...motley party approach. Comments are held. The only words out of their mouths are their names, their ranks, and 'yes, Mother Pheonix'.

Maybe they're Nulls too.

You begin boarding. A cutter blade finds its way to your belt. A 'sawn-down' las-rifle is slung around your shoulder. Food rations and a water purifier are stowed away, along with a camp tent. Nicole sits across from you, the Null nearby her. Cephie takes a seat to your immediate right. In an instant, she's laying against you with a datapad out, reading a book before the ship can even take off. Nicole raises an eyebrow, but says nothing. Instead, Nicole lays back and shuts her eyes. She's fast asleep before you even pull away from Stormmont.

"[That's a soldier's trick if I ever saw one.]" Cephie points out in low Empyrean, the tongue of pirates, of freelancers, of the 'civilized' rim. "[Being able to fall asleep anywhere, at any time. If we needed that much sleep, it would be the same for us.]"

"Mmh."

"[Ah. Still a little upset about the day before? I probably shouldn't have involved myself in your ex-lover's quarrel. I was only trying to help.]"

"[No. You were not. I know your game, Cephelia, I know what you want from me.]"

"[...and I know your game too, Pheonix. Pretending you're scared of yourself. Of your power? Of your potential? It's adorable. You're a Goddess of Fire. Of Victory. Of Blood. You should act like one instead of acting like a scared little girl playing with matches.]" Cephie's tone has not a hint of harshness in it, even as she invades your personal space and presses against your uncomfortable armor. Your arm still lays between the two of you, "[Now, if you could be so kind, wrap your arm around me. You're messing up my posture.]"

[10 vs 17] It is a little uncomfortable, keeping your arm there...and Cephie smells...like blood. Like burning oil and trees and the warm smell of a plastic las-gun's exterior after it's just been discharged.

"[You always smell like blood and ash.]" Cephie quietly states, scrolling through her book, eyes tracking across the text in a blur.

"[I didn't tell you to sit so close, Cephie.]"

"[Is that why you were staring at me earlier? Or was it just the dress? Too plunging of a neckline?]" She pauses, "[Besides, I didn't say it smelled bad.]" There's another pause, "[And if it was so bad, your heart wouldn't be beating like a drum, your muscles wouldn't be tense, and you wouldn't be trying so damn hard to pretend this doesn't bother you. Now move your arm before I get pissy and we end up killing someone by doing nothing more than arguing. Most likely the emotionless weirdo you decided to bring along despite that if we got serious we could rip this planet in half.]"

You hesitate, then you quietly shift your arm.

"[Good girl. Now, I bet you and your ancestors have questions for me since your brain is still so fucked. According to your...charming grandmother, we've got a few hours to burn and I've got answers.]"

What questions do you ask Cephie?

((Remember, you don't have to +1. I will take any questions. You can even have multiple questions!))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 01:36:00 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: June 27, 2020, 01:46:41 am »

There's some sort of block in my organic programming that is limiting me.  For example, I can't seem to grow an arm, even though I can manifest wings and heal myself.  Why is that block there, and can that block be overcome?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: June 27, 2020, 02:16:18 am »

"[How did you lose it?]"

[19 vs 20+1] You hesitate, but her gentle words stir the story forth, even if you wish you didn't. You didn't even tell Emma, and now here you are, telling Cephie. The woman who backstabbed you. The woman who is bound in service to Magnus. An enemy, but by the grace of eternal pact, a friend for now.

"[...I...I needed strength. I needed something in my stomach...I...I ripped it off. And I ate it.]"

You expect judgment, you expect her to peel away from you in disgust at your admission. Autocannibalism. Surely a sign of mental illness. "[An amaranth of sin. An act of inhumanity, a step away from what connects you to humanity. A step closer to apotheosis. These things leave marks. Permanent ones. Our flesh is shaped by our Will. By our spirit. By our story and our sins. You have no arm because that is now fact. That is now an eternal scar, like the one across your chest.]" She's gentle when she speaks, softly consoling as she offers no judgment. "[Do you know why I have pointed teeth, Pheobe?]"

You shake your head.

"[One year after my Ascension I was trapped on a ship of Pirates. Tortured. Broken over and over again. They had found me out, you see. That I was a skin-changer. They...amused themselves with my suffering. Starving me to make me weak. One day, I shaped my teeth into these wonderful...pearly...whites...and ripped out a Pirate's throat. Then, starving as I was...I ate the corpse.] Cephie's excitable, gleeful voice slips into a more quiet, reflective tone as her eyes glaze over. She stares somewhere into the middle distance. "[Every time I eat meat I can still taste the blood. But I can hide them, oh yes, but they're plain for all to see when I show myself truthfully.]"

[3 vs. 16] You sit quietly, then, you hug Cephie close. She no longer lays against you, focusing instead on her book and sitting up straight. "[Yea-nah. Sorry. That got...that got too heavy. Sorry. That's like twelfth date material -- right there. Not third time we're ever alone together stuff. They say it's to limit us. That the Empress wanted a check on our powers and that was one of them. Some scars don't heal. Some things cannot be forgotten.]"

"[Magnus thinks I'm disgusting. So does my 'brother'. My real family doesn't have a clue. They think that's what I want them to look like. Do you think I am?]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: June 27, 2020, 02:23:55 am »

"[I'm so sorry that you had to go through that.  It sounds awful.  I can't blame you for what you did, because it was an act of desperation against cruel enemies.  With that being said, however, I hope we never have to do anything like that ever again.]"

"[I had another question for you.  Is it possible for us to send out a small bit of our Dust to perform a task far from our bodies?  I'd like to be able to attain unrestrained fusion from a distance, for example.]"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: June 27, 2020, 07:56:53 am »

"[Would it be possible for me to learn how to change our looks around like you can?]"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: June 27, 2020, 08:13:24 am »

"[Would it be possible for me to learn how to change our looks around like you can?]"
We’ve already asked this, unless we can teach her how to move hydrogen too, the answer is very likely no

[How dies Magnus usually deal with planets with the plague? Would the planet remain habitable after his attack? Would he allow some of SEED’s people to come with him until a Plague free planet is found that they can live on, if this one is destroyed?]

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: June 27, 2020, 08:21:07 am »

[How dies Magnus usually deal with planets with the plague? Would the planet remain habitable after his attack? Would he allow some of SEED’s people to come with him until a Plague free planet is found that they can live on, if this one is destroyed?]

+1 Sounds like a good question to know the answer to. Honestly, I don't think I have much to ask of my own.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 381