Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38465 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #240 on: February 29, 2020, 11:03:45 pm »

There's not really much besides that sort of thing that we could do... though he may just laugh in our face.  I don't think an accomplished killer would be likely to be intimidated by a servant, but perhaps our prestige may help.

Let's let drama dice level our intimidation for us!

Approach the guy in the open, tell him that, as a servant of Li Yue we've noticed him hanging around in a suspicious and illegal manner, and that if we catch him spying again we will have to resort to more expedient measures, involving institutional violence.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 29, 2020, 11:10:43 pm »

If he laughs in our face, he pretty much reveals that he's not who he appears to be, which isn't something that we've explicitly told him we already know (for all he knows, we're some random servant who decided to be a dick and tell off a beggar). If he doesn't laugh in our face, it will look suspicious if he doesn't adjust his behavior. Either way, it limits his options for just spying on us in plain sight. Making him change his plans is good.

(It also puts us specifically in the crosshairs, but that's fine~)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 29, 2020, 11:11:32 pm »

That makes sense, I'll remove my previous bolded action.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2020, 04:34:11 am »

I vote for option 1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2020, 01:39:24 pm »

There's not really much besides that sort of thing that we could do... though he may just laugh in our face.  I don't think an accomplished killer would be likely to be intimidated by a servant, but perhaps our prestige may help.

Let's let drama dice level our intimidation for us!

Approach the guy in the open, tell him that, as a servant of Li Yue we've noticed him hanging around in a suspicious and illegal manner, and that if we catch him spying again we will have to resort to more expedient measures, involving institutional violence.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2020, 10:25:06 pm »

You go in to the household first, to notify your employer and put people on alert and such.. better to be protected, and if you just run up to him and get stabbed, well, someone might see it, but it might be a few minutes later.

With that, you go out and openly approach the "beggar"  Keeping your gaze on him, you put on your grimmest expression, and confidently march across the street to lay down the law.  About ten feet away, your foot slips on a loose cobblestone and you end up falling face-first onto the cobblestones.  Should have been watching where you were putting your feet.  You then get up, brush yourself off, and try to restablish at least some level of dignity.

The assassin is obviously amused at your ultimatum, and you see him straighten up, shove back his stained cloak, and..  he's not bad looking.  Quite handsome, actually.

"Violence, eh? Violence is but one of my many talents".  He then pulls out a weapon similar to your own, only his is some kind of black-yet-shiny steel, and it catches the light of the setting sun just so, as he reaches out and tries to stab you.

[5+2=7] vs [6+1=7]

You hold off his first flurry of blows, as he dances into range with you, flourishing as he goes about striking at you, still trying to maintain a heroic look as he.. you swear, he's concerned with the aesthetics as he's fighting for life and death?  Seriously?

[6] vs [10+2]

You can't manage to hit him back, as he easily weaves out of the way.  Next, he begins dashing down the street giving you what you think is supposed to be some kind of signature smile as he runs away, showing a set of perfect teeth to go with his face.

[4+8+1] vs [10+2]

You're momentarily bewildered by his whole swashbuckler act, almost forced into inactivity, but you feel a brief burst of fire, and manage to keep centred despite the madness.  Who is this guy, and what's wrong with him?  And he's trying to get away.. but do you want to pursue?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:29:52 pm by Devastator »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2020, 10:44:44 pm »

This guy. We need to learn from this guy. He will teach us the ways of heroic swashbucklery.

Pursue!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2020, 10:47:35 pm »

This guy. We need to learn from this guy. He will teach us the ways of heroic swashbucklery.

Pursue!
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2020, 10:52:08 pm »

Pursue!
+1
+1, the spirits should have chosen that guy instead.  Hopefully he's not leading us to our death.  If possible, try to be extra wary of potential ambushes.  Don't follow him into a maze of back alleys, for example.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:08:13 pm by ZBridges »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2020, 11:33:24 pm »

cly he needs to lead us to a more dramatic dueling place
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2020, 02:34:27 am »

[5 vs 3]

You sprint down the street, chasing after the mysteriously flamboyant assassin.  There's a few turns, left, and right, and left again, as he cuts through the neighborhood.  It works good, until you see the man try a doorhandle.. and it's locked.  Then another one, and that one's locked.  Then turns the other way, into a crowd, which gets bunched up and slows both of you down.  That's good for you, this guy stands out when running and you can't miss him.

A few minutes later, you pin the guy down into a courtyard, where you see him trying to climb a wall up onto a balcony.. a very dramatic place for a showdown, presumably.. except the buildings around it are new, no crumbling walls to climb, no exposed bricks, or vines or other such things.

And the sun isn't right for this.  It's behind you, shining into his face, and it does seem to be a bit disconcerting, seeing him turn to fight, black blade in hand.  But something this dramatic isn't suppose to show him squinting his eyes staring into the light, in a courtyard with nobody watching.

You have him momentarily trapped, with the entrance behind you.  What do you do next?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2020, 02:35:49 am »

"So... why do you want to kill my client?"

Dramatic, life-or-death duels with a significantly superior opponent aren't available in the basic, 2-silver plan.  Li Yue will have to start paying us more if she wants that.

Fine.  Try to put him off-guard using our charm.  If he says anything: ignore him.  Then, close the distance and attempt to kill him immediately, while the sun is in his eyes.  Always keep our back to the sun and resist attempts to turn us around.

We won't get a better opportunity than this, so we should go on the offensive while we still have an advantage.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:38:40 am by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2020, 02:57:50 am »

(If you'd asked for more money, you'd have gotten 3 silver/week instead of one extra action.)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2020, 03:01:45 am »

(That still seems miserly.  Is that considered good value for a dangerous job?)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2020, 03:05:13 am »

Stay on the defensive. Maybe he has something to throw, so be ready to avoid that.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47