Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38468 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 7
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2020, 03:05:04 pm »

"...Very well, ma'am. And what about this?" Place the gemstone we found on the counter.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:26 pm »

The weapons shopkeeper is wholly uninterested in changing the subject.

"Look, you never answered my question.  How did you get Shun Ziji's blade?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2020, 04:25:20 pm »

Sigh. Speak low. "Have you somewhere we could speak... out of earshot?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2020, 04:43:54 pm »

He already said he "[doesn't] know" if the blade has any special properties.  I think we're done here.

How would we investigate the other items?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:46:09 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2020, 06:07:19 pm »

He already said he "[doesn't] know" if the blade has any special properties.  I think we're done here.

How would we investigate the other items?
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2020, 07:22:34 pm »

The other items will be done later, just this one needs to go first.  Still all one action.

Also, the 'I don't know' is very much not an 'I know it has no special properties.'  More of a "I don't know exactly what special properties the Black Blade of Shun Ziji has."

The guy is extremely enthusiastic about the weapon.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:17 pm »

Well, if he doesn't know, his usefulness for this matter has come to an end.  I suppose we will have to experiment with it to determine its capabilities, which may be potent.

"If it really belongs to such a dangerous individual, it's probably better that I don't say how I came by it.  I mean, would you?  Thanks for your help, I guess I've got to get out of town."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:34:58 pm by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 08, 2020, 11:19:24 pm »

It might help him identify what it can do if he were to be allowed more than two seconds of looking at the object.  In order to do that, though, you'll need to answer that question.  If not answering that question is more important than having this person try to identify it, then that's fine.

I mean, he isn't Deckard Cain.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:22:59 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 08, 2020, 11:24:32 pm »

Ah I see, thanks.

"In self-defense, while cornered on the street, I fought desperately to protect myself from an assassin.  In the ensuing struggle, I somehow managed to score a hit on him, and he dropped this blade."

"Can you appraise this blade and tell me what its capabilities are?  I do have time to stay awhile and listen."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:49:53 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2020, 02:29:49 am »

Are we sure we want to blatantly admit to killing that guy, to some shop keep we don't know?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2020, 02:33:27 am »

The proposed dialogue would indicate we hurt him, in self-defense, but didn't kill him.  That we fought an assassin is pretty well known at the moment, as we did gain prestige from it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2020, 03:35:27 am »

Oh okay didn't catch that the first time.

Ah I see, thanks.

"In self-defense, while cornered on the street, I fought desperately to protect myself from an assassin.  In the ensuing struggle, I somehow managed to score a hit on him, and he dropped this blade."

"Can you appraise this blade and tell me what its capabilities are?  I do have time to stay awhile and listen."

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2020, 05:29:19 am »

Oh okay didn't catch that the first time.

Ah I see, thanks.

+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2020, 03:24:05 am »

As you speak, all of a sudden his excitement turns to nervousness.

"He dropped the blade?"  "..You mean, you took his blade, and he's still alive?"

He then describes Shun Ziji, (as a quite handsome man with certain facial features and a tendacy to ponce about in battle) and you confirm that the man you saw is the same as the man this person knows as Shun Ziji.

"No, no noo, I'm not crossing Shun Ziji.  You should run.  Run and hide, because he won't forget about his Black Blade."

"Maybe.. Maybe.. maybe you can leave it here and then run.  I'll spread the word that you gave it to me, and hang it on the wall, and he'll take it back.  If you give him his weapon back, he might let you get away."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2020, 04:00:39 am »

"Wellll... Okay, maybe I did a little more than score a hit. You know, I don't think he'll be needing this any more..."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47