Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 39054 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 13
« Reply #615 on: June 21, 2020, 10:45:06 am »

(important note: not too familiar with how exactly this works) We should try to help out with miscellany jobs in the Merchant Quarter, perhaps. Things like accounting (that is, transaction recording, that kind o' thing) for busy merchants, or bookkeeping, or perhaps just cleaning for merchants who can't spare the time to do it themselves.
+1

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 13
« Reply #616 on: June 21, 2020, 12:35:47 pm »

We tried doing odd jobs in the past, and we only made a few copper. I think we should look for more substantial work.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14
« Reply #617 on: June 21, 2020, 01:36:39 pm »

Your rest is undisturbed this week.

The fine summer weather continues, with cool breezes and clear days, with soft puffy clouds travelling across the sky.  There are flowers blossoming around the city in window gardens, and everything just seems clean.  A few more dry weeks and things will get stinky, but for now the weather is grand.

The city is also calm, with things being relatively quiet on the streets, and you hear some fireworks most nights, as many people are out enjoying the evening air.

Your training goes quite well.  The live sparring is exciting, and you pick up things that you simply weren't grasping properly before, because you can look your opponent and see things that you weren't able to see on yourself.  You are told that you'll be qualified for the next stage soon, but that any further training will take longer to develop and get more difficult.

Still, with progress like this, you are becoming a competent and effective fighter.

With the fine weather, four actions are available this week.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 01:38:56 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2020, 01:48:24 pm »

Let’s read about the languages of the southern jungle

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2020, 02:10:12 pm »

In my opinion, those languages aren't relevant.  As a planning action, what are our opportunities for making money in the Merchant Quarter?  Make sure to cover the City Watch, theft/robbery, and work for private businesses.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2020, 02:12:37 pm »

Aren’t we going to go there by ship at some point? It would be useful to know the languages before going there

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 21, 2020, 02:15:08 pm »

Yeah, but they aren't the same language.

"It isn't your language, nor is it one of the ones you recognize, such as the script from the southern jungle nations, nor is it the same as the unknown one in your book."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 21, 2020, 02:19:01 pm »

Zbridges is correct.  You have since been able to identify the written language you saw in your dreams as the language of a nation called Mzulft, which is across the sea.

It isn't the unknown one in your book.

That language isn't one you were able to recognize, nor will be able to do so without research.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 02:39:07 pm by Devastator »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2020, 04:50:12 pm »

When we skimmed through the book earlier, did we see enough of the instruction on the apparent southern jungle language to be able to have recognized whether it matched the language from the dream?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 21, 2020, 08:09:35 pm »

You could already recognize those languages because you've seen examples of the script before.  The southern jungle nations use a script mostly based on single-line writing with loops, blocky marks, and a fair amount of added punctuation.  You don't know more than that about the language, but you can recognize its writing.

The dream language you saw on a sign and is based on a limited number of more angular characters, it's quite different from the southern jungle language, or your own, for that matter.

The unknown language is composed of circular marks and smaller angular bits, grouped mostly into characters like your own, but clearly very different.  It's overall much simpler in apperance.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 21, 2020, 08:11:34 pm »

Got it, thanks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 22, 2020, 03:40:55 am »

In my opinion, those languages aren't relevant.  As a planning action, what are our opportunities for making money in the Merchant Quarter?  Make sure to cover the City Watch, theft/robbery, and work for private businesses.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 20, 2020, 09:35:51 pm »

Those all sound like viable plans on their own.  Do you want to just do one of them, or would you like to plan one of those specifically?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 21, 2020, 12:02:20 am »

Maybe start by seeing what the opportunities are at the City Watch.  I doubt they would pay much for guard work, but maybe they have some select positions with greater pay?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 21, 2020, 02:51:34 am »

Maybe start by seeing what the opportunities are at the City Watch.  I doubt they would pay much for guard work, but maybe they have some select positions with greater pay?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47