Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 263

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 409990 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III adventure game
« Reply #645 on: December 13, 2020, 12:46:45 pm »

That makes two places I know of with evil soot. Are you planning to become a soot husk yourself?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 13, 2020, 08:17:00 pm »

Yesterday was busy as shit, here's the last little bit;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I actually lost several nice screenshots due to overwriting them accidentally, so damnit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 16, 2020, 12:07:16 pm »

(Date obscured)

Gopet the Putrid Cyst has given me his final order – one final task, before my comrades and I are freed from his service once and for all. Neither Ketas nor Abhaar have shown any objection; if anything, Ketas seems to be relishing what it has commanded us to do.

In another time, perhaps, I would object to his demands out of ethics and practicality alike. As it stands, this task must be done – I will free the three of us from this service to Death, no matter the cost.

We set out tonight.

(Remaining pages are caked in dried blood or torn out, rendering them completely illegible.)

5th Galena, 754

The thump of heavy boots on stone woke the Goblin from his doze. The door to the Museum was open wide, three figures standing in the opening.

The apparent leader of the group – the towering giant with the mace and book – stalked forward into the room, his armoured and decorated frame easily dwarfing the monk. Accompanied by the massive size of him and his weapons, the lack of the infamous Museum guard, and the sheer number of battle scars he and his companions bore, most people would have been intimidated.

The monk simply crossed his arms, bit back a sigh at the interruption of his nap, and looked up.

“Welcome to Boltspumpkin, may Uquud the Bones of Drool guide you. I presume you came here to donate something to our ever-growing Museum?”

The human stared at him for several seconds before abruptly reaching to his back and drawing a bag and thick quire from the pack upon his shoulders. He thrust both his items into the monk’s arms before turning on his heel, giving an irritable little motion of a hand as he went. The other two promptly turned on their heels and followed him off into the night without a second word.

The goblin shook his head to himself, already looking for a place to put the bag.

Just another night at Boltspumpkin.

OOC: My official contribution to the Museum is the Stacks O’ Immortality Liquid (™),  several barrels, backpacks, and bags filled with the blood of Orid Xem’s last curse-born Vampire. Just remember to disregard the ‘Do NOT drink’ sign on the pedestal, and take only one sip. What could possibly go wrong? Side effects may include bloodthirst, insanity, a compulsion to commit murder, and rashes.

My unofficial contributions are as follows: the skulls of Quenir Puzzelarm the Abyssal Whispers and Ashro Scufflegrowls the Slick Bends of Ivy, the bones of The Murky Filths, the return of Dwarf Dark One Bralbaard Hammerfishes, and the artefact copper short sword Daze Asthi. Since I’ll probably be busy IRL for the foreseeable future, I leave it to the thread as to whether I should try and write up the last bits of Urus’ adventures (skipped over here, for the sake of getting to the conclusion and getting the save up) or leave it to the Historians Guild.

My original plans for this turn unfortunately went awry due to the Knowing Deceiver’s population being crammed into a Dark Pit, rather than a Dark Fortress (the difference being that ~4000+ Goblins were spread on top of six-ish towers, rather than several dozen). The FPS soon hit similar levels to that at Swordgleamed even without raising undead, rendering the game borderline unplayable; coupled with the low population of other DPs, I am forced to conclude that there is no way for me to exterminate The Knowing Deceiver to the last in adventure mode alone, even with continuous 9AM to Midnight playing for 3-4 days.

All credit for the drawings goes to Outcast Games and their artists – besides shamelessly basing my adventurers on them, all I did was cut the images down from a screenshot and apply a filter to the images, for ease of seeing the details properly.

Save is here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15343. And, to end this relatively poorly-done story, how was this for a turn?

EDIT: Also, can I be put back on the turn list?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:39:32 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 16, 2020, 05:41:16 pm »

Library of Whispers updated with two out of four skulls found.  Within are clues to the place where the other two may be hidden, and one of those may have information leading to a great treasure indeed!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 16, 2020, 08:43:11 pm »

Holy shit those arts! I love it!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 17, 2020, 05:19:33 am »

You chose good pictures indeed. And a very good story.

Btw I did want to sign up for another go. Maybe next round will be better
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 19, 2020, 02:18:24 pm »

Great adventures everyone!
I'm not sure if everyone found Timeless Bob's stories, as they were posted only as an update in the original posts.

Here is the  link for his first adventure. Two skulls still need to be found to complete it.

Here is the link to his write up of his second turn

I've updated some of the posts, there is still more work to be done.

If we have not heard from Fakerfangirl before the end of the weekend we will move on.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 02:27:15 pm by Bralbaard »

Lukepop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 22, 2020, 07:12:04 pm »

So has Fakerfangirl gotten back to you Braal, or are we moving onto Th4dwArfY1?
"Eva the artistically incapable swordswoman," my beginner's adventure mode story. "Beginner" in terms writing as well as DF!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177413.0

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 23, 2020, 04:38:12 am »

So has Fakerfangirl gotten back to you Braal, or are we moving onto Th4dwArfY1?

We've moved beyond Th4dwArfY1 actually. There's been a lot of communication through personal messages. LuckyOwl is playing now.
Th4dwArfY1 has been moved down the order a bit because he was busy.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 25, 2020, 03:07:31 pm »

eyy sorry about my absence got distracted by other stuff, did i miss anything?
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #655 on: December 28, 2020, 02:07:13 pm »

I haven't been checking the boards that frequently.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #656 on: December 30, 2020, 09:20:19 pm »

here's the save

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15368

I'll edit this post for the story it will only be one long post. I honestly haven't played this more seriously and sort of just went to one place to another without really thinking about a story. So Imma just make up stuff to fill in my lack of play. My contribute to the museum is a Facak. It's a violin like string from Omon Obin(Realm of Silver).

Good Luck, Flame!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 01, 2021, 01:05:26 am »

Alright, it's me again. Hmm, should I pick up one of my old adventurers or make a new one? Give me a day or two to think of an adventure to embark on.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:24 pm »

How're things going, Flame?
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2021, 05:23:54 pm »

Haven't had a whole lot of free time lately, but I'm about to start. Is it alright if I briefly change the raw files so I can start as a goblin from a goblin settlement?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 263