Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64498 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2020, 10:45:12 am »

Yes. And the God of Heavens doesn't seem to care about those. Not to mention they were the ones who accused first. Do not poke the sleeping dragon.

The God of Heavens could have deescalated. Instead they went to define the term Old Testament. Tiamat typically shows her power when dealing with threats, and lets her children govern themselves during other times.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2020, 11:14:31 am »

Neither side is truly innocent in the matter, regardless of what either would claim, but the punishment doled out here still outweighs the chosen crime.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2020, 11:42:01 am »

(( Just to make some Things clear, when i Said preparing for war i didnt mean going to war. IT happened i am fine with IT. The Thing is i am Starting to Take grudge at tricmagic AS He seems to believe He is controlling a Nation god. This Game ist communal and of we all wanted to WE could make tiamat commit suicide... You want to somehow Control this world with your dragons make passive aggressive Roll calls and such. Really its a Game we had a war both Sides lost some but now you want to destroy Something entirely and try to Bend the Rolls so your little faction remains OP.
Only Combat is rolled Not deity with non deity Interactions, also i Made several Points to avoid complete destruction but you did Not even Address them.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2020, 11:58:30 am »

(It was my understanding there was a dungeon in the way for a trade caravan, and things spiraled from there. Demanding reparations from dragons and assuming the dragons did it did not help matters.)
(hwat ever happened to the peaceful split-away faction anyway? The Dragons did send some Worshipers to help with the earth and fields and crops.)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2020, 12:34:49 pm »

The slugs were evidently unaware of the dungeon’s dangers, and demanded repirations for what they believed to be the work of the Dragons. The first attacks were likely a misinterpretation of the gm, since the Slugs were mentioned to have been preparing for war rather than actually marching out. With a bit more diplomacy and a bit less aggression, this would have been avoided, but ultinately and integrally, neither side is innocent.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2020, 01:45:53 pm »

Year 90.4
Amidst the Chaos of war three archdevils are Born.
Cursus the master of Unholy Vengeance, Gracfall the Consul of Unholy Pride, and Chaos the Dark Shadow of Chaos and Barbarism.

Cursus is a giant scaled snail with ninetynine heads, many thousands of eyes, and corrosive spit. IT can Transform itself Into any shape. IT knows dark magic and inspires those in its vicinity to exaggerate violence and Vengeance.
Upon its creation IT travels to all settlements and sows Mistrust and Anger.

Gracfall Looks like a Unholy beautiful Dragon with seventy three heads, millions of eyes all over its Body. It can breathe a Gas that can invoke dementia, weird passion, and hyperbolic Pride. IT can Turn Into any Form at will. IT knows dark magic and inspires those in bis vicinity to be unnaturally prideful to a Point where they become so proud that they Begin fighting at the slightest negative remark about them.  Upon its creation IT travels to all settlements and sows unnatural Pride and lust.

Chaos is a Vortex of everchanging shape. IT can Produce Fumes that makes people revolt against civilization. IT knows dark magic and can possess any living being.
Upon creation IT travels to the lokhunds the nomads and all other tribes that are savage and barbaric to sow the need to destroy civilizations. IT grants wach Tribe one of the Many Barbaric Weapons.

The Many Barbaric Weapons are black unbreakable Weapons that Grant its wielder great strength and great bloodlust. The Weapons Take the shape with which its wielder can Most aptly Fight.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2020, 02:26:16 pm »

Let's keep it civil, guys. This is just a game meant to have fun. I'd like to refer y'all to the third rule. I'll process the rolls for the other conflicts in this post, and address the Hrilithian x Dragolia stuff in the next post.

Slugman Duchies vs. Elder Council of Dragolia
Code: [Select]
Slugman Duchies: 3d20=1+15+16
Elder Council of Dragolia=1+11+9
As the Dukes ready their magics, spells and armies, the Dragons regroup and lick their wounds. Their first conflict has gone into history as the bloodiest to date. For seven weeks, entrenched Slugmen and their magical beasts battle the onslaught from the air as thunderbolts and firestorms raze everything in the area to ash and bones. Both Vivi Icescale and Archduke Gloombus, leaders of their respective nations, find an honorable death on the battlefield.

As the Elder Council starts discussing Vivi's successor, Archduke Bolger is crowned and swiftly reorganizes his armies. In two following battles, the Ducal Army retakes all formerly Hrilithian holdings of the Elder Council, expelling the Dragons to their home continent.

Sandstone Qhanganate vs. Gharlor's Folk
Qhangan: 1d20+2= 18
Tribe: 1d20 = 20!

Sandstone Qhanganate vs. Red Dunewalkers
Qhangan: 1d20+2=19
Tribe: 1d20=5

The Red Dunewalkers are swiftly subjugated, but using clever tactics, Gharlor's Folk has managed to stave off the yoke of conquest

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2020, 02:28:51 pm »

((By any means, my opinion about tricmagic did Not deter at all. I was only a bit angry at his actions thats all. This Game is quite fun so sorry for disrupting this.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:48:25 pm by Detoxicated »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2020, 02:33:07 pm »

((Me as well..))

As the war winds down, both sides have been bloodied, and both leaders killed. Tiamat and the Dragons recede from the war and preparations are made to block off the Crossing as a border between the two continents. Rasa Greenscale has this to say"if one wishes trade, first show your power to survive. You survived, so we may one day allow transport between us, but it won't be by land but water or air." Terms for a peace treaty are in the works.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2020, 02:37:44 pm »

I apologise for my part in the disruption.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2020, 03:01:44 pm »

Alright, now let's address the drama.

This game is meant to be a fun little project. Being creative is fun, making your own stuff and sharing it with the world is fun. The freedom this game gives people is bound to result in "pet projects", the main focus of players. And there's nothing wrong with pet projects. I prefer working together to develop an entire world together as opposed to each taking a chunk of the world and developing that, but to some people that is more interesting, and I'm totally fine with that.

As for the curse, it seems to be in a bit of a grey area rule-wise. On one side it's fine, since everyone is allowed to edit anything. The rules state: "Things such as combat between gods or kingdoms will need to be rolled for.". I see a case both for arguing this curse would fall under that umbrella, but also a case for it not specifically being listed. The punishment also seems very harsh considering the circumstances, and as it would utterly handicap the Dragon civilization and could possibly fall under the fourth rule for undoing the additions of others.

Since this makes it a grey area, I've come up with the following solution: Donkebab will roll for the severity of her curse on dragonkind. I'll roll a d20, and based on that result I'll come up with a fitting curse. I'd love for y'all to share your opinions on this solution before I roll, since we're all creating this stuff together.

As on the war, I'll add a rule that people need to clearly ask for a roll. I interpreted "preparing for war" as IC asking for a roll, but I turned out to be wrong, so from now on, I'm asking for Bolded OOC roll requests if you want to start conflicts or otherwise roll for things. I'll add this rule to the OP.

I have been quietly hoping that Lord_Lemonpie would roll for the outcomes of rituals, but I failed to communicate that, so I might as well mention it now.
I've added the magic and rituals of the slugmen as a flat bonus in the last conflict, which is why both factions rolled flat d20s as opposed to Dragolia having a bonus for their magic. If you want something rolled next time, I'll be more than glad to do that!

Additionally, I've seen a lot of posts changing a brazillion different things at once. The first rule is not to prevent many posts, but to prevent too much from being changed in a single instant. I'm not going to retcon anything, but please keep this in mind for the next few posts! Spread those changes out over a few posts, it keeps the world active and dynamic. It's fine to post one or two actions with some lore and/or consequences in one post, but keep stuff in a single post related.

I also see I missed some other rolls hidden within the little ooc conflict, so I'll address those in the next post too.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2020, 03:22:18 pm »

I agree that the curse should be rolled for, actually, how about magic in general getting rolls?

Year 90.5
Year 93.1
The island circled in green in the following image
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
is filled with a mysterious green gas. This gas causes many plants to grow much larger and faster than normal. The waters around the island are filled with algae.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:58:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2020, 03:34:16 pm »

Probably need a map update too.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2020, 03:35:04 pm »

Wasn't that island an erupting volcano?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2020, 03:42:18 pm »

Wasn't that island an erupting volcano?
don’t know, maybe? I can change it, I’m only using the most recent version
Probably need a map update too.
why is this struck out? I didn’t update the map, just used the most recent version to denote the island, a map update will be needed
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76