Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64526 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #600 on: June 27, 2020, 01:28:27 pm »

((The Black Quagnate, look under the South Legends section))
((I am indeed unobservant. Ah well. :())
((It’s ok, I thought there were more Chaos rifts because I assumed that the key had only what was on the map, I did something with a “smallest chaos rift” that turned out to not exist, so good thing the invalid thing was ignored))
((Actually it wasn't.... Since the main rift in the north was the ONLY active rift at the time, the action targeted THAT one, since it was technically the smallest one that matched the conditions :P

I mentioned that in the turn's summary.
Can i get some correspondence here: Does anyone actually read the summaries? Even if nobody does, i'll still keep them around because they're good reference for me.
Should i just start quoting each post to affirm them and explain things when needed? It would be alot more work, but at least then i'd get all the information to people that needs to get to them.))
Yes, keep the summaries, I’ll start reading them more, also, added a thing to my previous post, would you rather I make it in a post to itself?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 27, 2020, 01:35:17 pm »

((It’s ok, I thought there were more Chaos rifts because I assumed that the key had only what was on the map, I did something with a “smallest chaos rift” that turned out to not exist, so good thing the invalid thing was ignored))
((Actually it wasn't.... Since the main rift in the north was the ONLY active rift at the time, the action targeted THAT one, since it was technically the smallest one that matched the conditions :P

Can i get some correspondence here: Does anyone actually read the summaries? Even if nobody does, i'll still keep them around because they're good reference for me.
Should i just start quoting each post to affirm them and explain things when needed? It would be alot more work, but at least then i'd get all the information to people that needs to get to them.))
Yes, keep the summaries, I’ll start reading them more, also, added a thing to my previous post, would you rather I make it in a post to itself?

((Nah that's fine, i read through the stack of posts anyway one at a time when im making the updates, so as long as any edits aren't done while im doing my update, it doesn't matter.
But please, keep the text easy to read))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 27, 2020, 01:38:18 pm »

((1. Yes, I read the summaries.
2. assumes expression communicating indecision))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 27, 2020, 01:41:27 pm »

((Nah that's fine, i read through the stack of posts anyway one at a time when im making the updates, so as long as any edits aren't done while im doing my update, it doesn't matter.
But please, keep the text easy to read))
((The reason why some were italicized vs not, and some were shadowed in different colors is so that italicized is thoughts, non italicized is not thoughts, and the shadows and purple are for when the plant thoughts are there and from which host they’re on, the shadow text on white is so it is known which host is talking/thinking. ”I am Mr. Schoar’s plant,” “I am Mr. Constructor’s plant,”  “and I am Miss Botanist’s plant.” “I am Mr. Scholar,” “I am Mr. Constructor,  And I am Miss Botanist.”
These are our we are making
would this be a better speech/thought purple for the plants?))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 01:55:03 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 27, 2020, 01:49:58 pm »

((I read the summaries too))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 27, 2020, 01:50:41 pm »

Year 292.5
It was not long, a few years at best, before the great spined viper was fat upon the blood of its brethren. Its breadth had grown long indeed, as had its unnatural lust for blood. Yet so too in turn did it come to value introspection, and as the serpents turned inward their esoteric knowledge grew.

They found little bits of olde lore in between the cracks of their growing minds. Piecing together their origin, their mother of slate whom birthed and gave them their thoughts. And it was through this collectively knowledge that the snakes were connected.

The spined viper, far more monsterous in size now knew full well that supping upon the flesh of lesser serpents would do it little, greater prey with greater vitality would be needed. And why? It asked itself this question but could find no answer other than, 'it must!' To grow and ascend was merely its birthright, granted by the dark Monolith. Or so it believed perhaps in delusion.

In this realization, it halted its wanton feasting, coiling about the lake isles with a regal gaze. ' βασιλεύς' ( Basileus ) it named itself, called so by their unmet stone progenitor. And to its kind, the viper granted them the name, ' βασιλίσκος' ( Vasilikos ) after itself. The domiance among the serpents of the lake by βασιλεύς was unchallenged, and so, fearing its venom and fang alike, they bowed their heads in gathering.

Though perhaps one could not call the serpents a 'nation' in the most direct terms, nor were many even aware of their newfound sapience, certainly it could not be argued that the snakes banded together 'neath the shadow of their lord.

The gaze of βασιλεύς now turned elsewhere.

(( I appreciate the summaries, I read every post but they really do help me keep the pure simple facts in my head as I move forward. I think they're very useful! ))

(( Also just wanna say that though I keep messing with these snakes, I dont mind at all if they're meddled with. I wanna leep up the spirit of the game of course, so everyone should feel free reign over anything I do. That probably doesn't need to be said. Either way I'm loving this~))
I've lost control of my life.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 27, 2020, 02:53:48 pm »

(I also find the summaries useful for keeping track of things.)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 27, 2020, 02:58:25 pm »

((The reason why some were italicized vs not, and some were shadowed in different colors is so that italicized is thoughts, non italicized is not thoughts, and the shadows and purple are for when the plant thoughts are there and from which host they’re on, the shadow text on white is so it is known which host is talking/thinking. ”I am Mr. Schoar’s plant,” “I am Mr. Constructor’s plant,”  “and I am Miss Botanist’s plant.” “I am Mr. Scholar,” “I am Mr. Constructor,  And I am Miss Botanist.”
These are our we are making
would this be a better speech/thought purple for the plants?))

((As long as i can at least get the general idea, it doesn't actually matter that much. Truth be told though, im looking forward to having a front-row seat into the Red Leaves' "Mind"... :P))

Year 292.5
It was not long, a few years at best, before the great spined viper was fat upon the blood of its brethren. Its breadth had grown long indeed, as had its unnatural lust for blood. Yet so too in turn did it come to value introspection, and as the serpents turned inward their esoteric knowledge grew.

They found little bits of olde lore in between the cracks of their growing minds. Piecing together their origin, their mother of slate whom birthed and gave them their thoughts. And it was through this collectively knowledge that the snakes were connected.

The spined viper, far more monsterous in size now knew full well that supping upon the flesh of lesser serpents would do it little, greater prey with greater vitality would be needed. And why? It asked itself this question but could find no answer other than, 'it must!' To grow and ascend was merely its birthright, granted by the dark Monolith. Or so it believed perhaps in delusion.

In this realization, it halted its wanton feasting, coiling about the lake isles with a regal gaze. ' βασιλεύς' ( Basileus ) it named itself, called so by their unmet stone progenitor. And to its kind, the viper granted them the name, ' βασιλίσκος' ( Vasilikos ) after itself. The domiance among the serpents of the lake by βασιλεύς was unchallenged, and so, fearing its venom and fang alike, they bowed their heads in gathering.

Though perhaps one could not call the serpents a 'nation' in the most direct terms, nor were many even aware of their newfound sapience, certainly it could not be argued that the snakes banded together 'neath the shadow of their lord.

The gaze of βασιλεύς now turned elsewhere.

(( I appreciate the summaries, I read every post but they really do help me keep the pure simple facts in my head as I move forward. I think they're very useful! ))

(( Also just wanna say that though I keep messing with these snakes, I dont mind at all if they're meddled with. I wanna leep up the spirit of the game of course, so everyone should feel free reign over anything I do. That probably doesn't need to be said. Either way I'm loving this~))

((I'll make the "Vasilikos" a tribe then and give them the two islands as territory since they have a name now. If you want them to move anywhere, you can.))
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 27, 2020, 04:02:43 pm »

((Considering Red Leaves share the host with Purple Leaves instead of using the purple leaves themselves as hosts, and that the Red Leaves can’t grow on Purple Leafless hosts, I’m inclined to think that the Red Leaves also feed on thoughts from the host, filtered through the Purple Leaves, maybe the Red Leaves have roots in the purple leaves’ roots in the host?))
((While the leaves are on the host, maybe the roots need to grow on the roots of Purple Leaves. I’d like to hear thoughts on this))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 27, 2020, 04:14:59 pm »

((Considering Red Leaves share the host with Purple Leaves instead of using the purple leaves themselves as hosts, and that the Red Leaves can’t grow on Purple Leafless hosts, I’m inclined to think that the Red Leaves also feed on thoughts from the host, filtered through the Purple Leaves, maybe the Red Leaves have roots in the purple leaves’ roots in the host?))
((While the leaves are on the host, maybe the roots need to grow on the roots of Purple Leaves. I’d like to hear thoughts on this))

(( I haven't really thought about it that deeply, but however they work, they somehow leech off of the purple leaves and neutralize them at the same time. *shrug*))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 27, 2020, 04:23:10 pm »

(( I haven't really thought about it that deeply, but however they work, they somehow leech off of the purple leaves and neutralize them at the same time. *shrug*))
((Hmm...maybe Red Leaves cause growths of what would normally be Purple Leaves to turn into Red Leaves instead? They would need a mechanism to keep some of the Purple Leaves still alive, not necessarily growing, since they can’t feed on the Purple Leaves’ host directly; maybe they need the Purple Leaves to produce the pollen so the Red Leaves can then modify the pollen into Red Leaf Pollen? Like maybe the purple leaves use a chemical the red leaves need but can’t produce themselves? When you say neutralize, do you mean kill the purple leaves or prevent the purple leaves from growing further?))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 27, 2020, 04:26:35 pm »

When you say neutralize, do you mean kill the purple leaves or prevent the purple leaves from growing further?))

((Merely prevent them from infecting anyone with the purple leaves

EDIT: Maybe the word "Sterilize" would've been the more correct word to use there))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:28:50 pm by Strik3r »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 27, 2020, 05:26:15 pm »

When you say neutralize, do you mean kill the purple leaves or prevent the purple leaves from growing further?))

((Merely prevent them from infecting anyone with the purple leaves))
((So a host could hear thoughts from both the red leaves and the purple leaves. Perhaps the Red Leaves “eat” the purple leaves’ pollen by absorbing it when it hits them, and produce their own pollen as well, which converts purple pollen into red pollen on contact, or the red leaves grow so close to the purple leaves that pollen gets crushed as it’s produced? So many different possibilities, maybe the red leaves make something that just stops the purple leaves from producing pollen in the first place, possibly routing that pollen production to the red leaves instead, or, inserting some genetic code into the purple leaves to cause them to produce a Red Leaf pollen instead of Purple Leaf pollen. Sorry for the ramble, parasites are fascinating and can have various ways of messing with their hosts. Anyway, time to get writing on the Red Leaf mind))
Year 292.6
Need to find a host with purple leaves to spread to. Why can’t I spread? A host is right there! No, that won’t work, I need a host with purple leaves to spread, that non-host has a cutter
After running from the person with a knife, this red leaf host found herself surrounded by other people with purple leaves
What are we doing here? Finding a host. this won’t work, the’re invalid. No, these are valid hosts, stop trying saying otherwise
As they walk, the host bumps into a person with purple leaves, causing the red leaves to make red pollen which lands on the new host.
You like talking, right? Yes, why? ”Hi” ”I thought I got away from you, taking a host we have and stopping us from getting others? Why can’t you be like us and get new hosts yourselves?” ”Same reason you can’t grow on rocks. Is there any food around here?”
She walks in search of food, touching purple leafed hosts along the way.

Meanwhile in the mind of the newly red leafed host...
Perun, why do I now have two types of plants in me, am I a garden now? If you count two plants as a garden, then yes. How long’ve you grown the purple ones? It’s difficult to track time when you’re stuck in your head and can’t use your body. It’s not just yours anymore. Now I can’t control it anymore either. It’s nice here, the lack of the constant screams or the things that have more limbs than they should. It’s good to be calm.
((The idea is that the red leaves have a *somewhat* opposite personality than the purple leaves, while the purple leaves don’t care about the world beyond getting more hosts, the red leaves are fascinated by the world that exists, while knowing that they do need hosts, it’s not their only thought.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:30:11 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 27, 2020, 05:46:17 pm »

((So a host could hear thoughts from both the red leaves and the purple leaves. Perhaps the Red Leaves “eat” the purple leaves’ pollen by absorbing it when it hits them, and produce their own pollen as well, which converts purple pollen into red pollen on contact, or the red leaves grow so close to the purple leaves that pollen gets crushed as it’s produced? So many different possibilities, maybe the red leaves make something that just stops the purple leaves from producing pollen in the first place, possibly routing that pollen production to the red leaves instead, or, inserting some genetic code into the purple leaves to cause them to produce a Red Leaf pollen instead of Purple Leaf pollen. Sorry for the ramble, parasites are fascinating and can have various ways of messing with their hosts. Anyway, time to get writing on the Red Leaf mind))
Year 292.6
Need to find a host with purple leaves to spread to. Why can’t I spread? A host is right there! No, that won’t work, I need a host with purple leaves to spread, that non-host has a cutter
After running from the person with a knife, this red leaf host found herself surrounded by other people with purple leaves
What are we doing here? Finding a host. this won’t work, the’re invalid. No, these are valid hosts, stop trying saying otherwise
As they walk, the host bumps into a person with purple leaves, causing the red leaves to make red pollen which lands on the new host.
You like talking, right? Yes, why? ”Hi” ”I thought I got away from you, taking a host we have and stopping us from getting others? Why can’t you be like us and get new hosts yourselves?” ”Same reason you can’t grow on rocks. Is there any food around here?”

Perun, why do I now have two types of plants in me, am I a garden now? If you count two plants as a garden, then yes. How long’ve you grown the purple ones? It’s difficult to track time when you’re stuck in your head and can’t use your body. It’s not just yours anymore. Now I can’t control it anymore either. It’s nice here, the lack of the constant screams or the things that have more limbs than they should. It’s good to be calm.
((The idea is that the red leaves have a *somewhat* opposite personality than the purple leaves, while the purple leaves don’t care about the world beyond getting more hosts, the red leaves are fascinated by the world that exists, while knowing that they do need hosts, it’s not their only thought.))

((Beautiful. Just, Beautiful. I mean not the leaves that invade people's minds and take control of them, but the writing is. I like the idea that they somewhat have the opposite personality to the purple leaves and also like the little reference to Chaos corruption in there.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 27, 2020, 05:59:23 pm »

Year 292.6

((Beautiful. Just, Beautiful. I mean not the leaves that invade people's minds and take control of them, but the writing is. I like the idea that they somewhat have the opposite personality to the purple leaves and also like the little reference to Chaos corruption in there.
((Glad you like it, I thought it would make some sense to have some memories of the chaos given that
a) Chaos Magic was used
and b) chaos crystals gave the memory of the dragon that made it to someone else that ingested it, so my guess is maybe chaos magic contains bits of memories of chaos creatures, and since the Red Leaves, being Purple Leaves infused with Chaos magic, also use the host’s brain to think, and thus the host would view the chaos creatures as mutants. I am now curious if chaos creatures can get the Purple, and thus Red Leaves, since the purple leaves seem to only affect land vertebrates, ( probably aquatic vertebrates too, though so far, the purple leaves haven’t tried infecting aquatic hosts yet), and chaos creatures are sometimes vertebrates, (like the Chaos Dragons) Could they get infected? Assuming they don’t burn them first? Can Aetherials get infected? Do they have vertebrae? It might make sense for the Purple Leaves to think about why they can infect some hosts and not others... I’ll save that for after this update, though. Thinking about things more, I am curious why I, a free living organism, seem to have better ideas about parasites than about free living organisms? Probably just the civilization making part))
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 76